ImageImageImageImageImage

Despite whatever happens in 2021 playoffs..a question about 2022 (future)

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

gordonyao
Sophomore
And1: 53

Re: Despite whatever happens in 2021 playoffs..a question about 2022 (future) 

Post#41 » by gordonyao » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:07 am

I hope we can get Kanter as our center, and Dragic as our Vet PG. Should let Schroder, Trez, Gasol and Drummond go since they are not a good fit.

Keep Morris, Mathews and McLemore to provide some shooting.
Re-sign Caruso and THT at around 10M per year.
reamily
Senior
And1: 87

Post#42 » by reamily » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:32 am

I like schroder if lebrkn and ad wrre fully healthy and not miss regular seskn together.. if we able to secure higher seeding might help horton tucker to get his rhytym.. if we get another scorer outside schroder homerun...kco time in lakers is up so as kuz.. hopefully we can flip it for someone..i like trezz and it was really unfaur what hapoened to him during the end of the season..
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#43 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:51 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
Slava wrote:I'd be looking at all the shooters on the market who won't get played off the court on defence, so Danny Green, Reggie Bullock and Kelly Olynyk would be at the top of my free agent shopping list. If THT can make the leap to be a ball handler that can keep LeBron-rest minutes afloat, that would be perfect because Schröder and this year's version of AD showed that they cannot cut it.

Doug McDermott would be my mini mid-level 12:01 target.

Mini mid-level targets:

- Doug McDermott
- Goran Dragic
- Tony Snell (shot 57% from 3 on 2.3 attempts this year)
- Alec Burks
- Kelly Olynyk
- Nerlens Noel (if we split it up)
- Bobby Portis (if we split it up)
- Wayne Ellington (if we split it up)
- Nic Batum (if we split it up)
- Reggie Bullock (if we split it up)

Vet min targets

- Andre Iguoudala
- JJ Redick
- Trevor Ariza
- Carmelo Anthony (especially if we trade Kuzma)
- Lou Williams (if Montrezl opts in)
- PJ Tucker
- Robin Lopez
- Avery Bradley
- Nerlens Noel (Would be perfect.. not sure he becomes a vet minimum guy)
- Enes Kanter (Can't play in the playoffs, would be a great regular season option)
- Willie Cauley-Stein
- Dwight Howard
- Hassan Whiteside
- Ersan Ilyasova
- Andre Drummond
- Ben McLemore
- Dewayne Dedmon

Tony Snell played with Kawhi in MLKHS Riverside, so Lakers can get a discount if he comes home.
You left out other 3pt shooters like
Otto Porter, career 40.3%- Would be out of reach?
Bjelica- career 38.7%
Patty Mills- career 38.8%
Gary Trent Jr. -career 39.3%- Also a Klutch client- would Paul give the Lakers a discount?
Pelinka needs to give a list of his prospects and ask Vogel to cross out the players he thinks who will not play good enough defense bec most likely, he will just bench them like he did to Cook, Ben Mcllemore and Troy Daniels
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#44 » by lazybatman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:36 pm

Read on Twitter
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#45 » by TylersLakers » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:21 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:I like Schroder, good scorer and defender. It’s too bad he’s not an elite shooter, because that’s what the Lakers really need. But I think of all the FA’s, Schroeder should be the top priority.

Let Gasol walk he’s done.
Drummond and Harrell are too one dimensional. Lakers need high bbiq players who can shoot and play defence. Way too many big slow lane cloggers this year.

I’d say because options are limited, Try to sign Drummond on the cheap.

Unless a true 3rd star can be acquired, Lakers will struggle to get out of the West.

You want Schroder? We'll give him to you for some poutine.

Schroder is going to be back with the Lakers unless they trade KCP and Kuzma. LeBron and Davis are 76.6M combined. Kuzma and KCP are another 26M. If we acquire Lowry in a sign and trade, we're immediately hard capped once we hit that hard cap number. Which means we would have limited money to fill out the rest of our roster.

If we just re-sign Schroder, we can go above that number. The best case scenario is to sign Schroder to a team-friendly deal. Something like 14-16M a year over 3 years. Or 2 years, 22-24M per. That way, we can trade him halfway through the season if he continues being meh.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#46 » by BEazy » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:10 am

TylersLakers wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:I like Schroder, good scorer and defender. It’s too bad he’s not an elite shooter, because that’s what the Lakers really need. But I think of all the FA’s, Schroeder should be the top priority.

Let Gasol walk he’s done.
Drummond and Harrell are too one dimensional. Lakers need high bbiq players who can shoot and play defence. Way too many big slow lane cloggers this year.

I’d say because options are limited, Try to sign Drummond on the cheap.

Unless a true 3rd star can be acquired, Lakers will struggle to get out of the West.

You want Schroder? We'll give him to you for some poutine.

Schroder is going to be back with the Lakers unless they trade KCP and Kuzma. LeBron and Davis are 76.6M combined. Kuzma and KCP are another 26M. If we acquire Lowry in a sign and trade, we're immediately hard capped once we hit that hard cap number. Which means we would have limited money to fill out the rest of our roster.

If we just re-sign Schroder, we can go above that number. The best case scenario is to sign Schroder to a team-friendly deal. Something like 14-16M a year over 3 years. Or 2 years, 22-24M per. That way, we can trade him halfway through the season if he continues being meh.

Yeah, only way I'll be happy about Schroder coming back is if Rob signs him to a team friendly deal. Otherwise if Rob overpays Schroder, I'm going to lose complete faith in him.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#47 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:10 pm

lazybatman wrote:
Read on Twitter

If we lamented on how AD missed 30 games and esp missing playoff games 4,5 and 6, I don't understand how we ignore the fact that Lonzo is also a very fragile player.
rookie year, he missed 30 games.
2nd year, missed 35 games
3rd year, 9 games.
Last season, missed 17 games and it's not like 1 recurring injury too, it's hurting his shoulder, will miss like 5-7 games, then another leg injury.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#48 » by lazybatman » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:01 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
Read on Twitter

If we lamented on how AD missed 30 games and esp missing playoff games 4,5 and 6, I don't understand how we ignore the fact that Lonzo is also a very fragile player.
3rd year, 9 games.
Last season, missed 17 games and it's not like 1 recurring injury too, it's hurting his shoulder, will miss like 5-7 games, then another leg injury.

9 & 17 ain't so bad since he stopped wearing those BBB shoes :lol: :lol: :lol:

My top target would be Brogdon this year. Legit consistent role player, who has these stretches where he can play like an allstar.
-High IQ distributor
-Clutch shooter & a 50-40-90 club member(that doesn't happen by fluke)
-Not Schroeder level, but above average defender

Pacers are in a bit of CAP trouble, so him and Myles may be pretty available.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#49 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:05 pm

lazybatman wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
Read on Twitter

3rd year, 9 games.

9 & 17 ain't so bad since he stopped wearing those BBB shoes :lol: :lol: :lol:

My top target would be Brogdon this year. Legit consistent role player, who has these stretches where he can play like an allstar.
-High IQ distributor
-Clutch shooter & a 50-40-90 club member(that doesn't happen by fluke)
-Not Schroeder level, but above average defender

Pacers are in a bit of CAP trouble, so him and Myles may be pretty available.

Lonzo would have missed 20 games total if there was no lockdown in year 3.
I really like Brogdon but his team and probably another team would have to help out to make it happen. Who else is out there? Rozier? Fournier? Would Lebron convince Gary Trent Jr to give a discount?
I defended Schroder before but that horrible games 4 and 5 were just difficult to forget.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers