Trades

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Trades 

Post#201 » by Kilroy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:25 pm

My concern with LeBron right now is he and AD both are slowing down the offense so much. He's only really effective when he has the ball and is trying to break down defenses... Which takes too much time off the clock. We need to attack more in transition and with the top rated Defense, I'm not sure why that doesn't happen more.
LeBron's game is such a unicorn, it's hard to figure out how to maximize his effectiveness as he ages and loses a step. He's not really a shooter, so you can't put him in spots to hit jump shots and run the offense through other guys for different looks... When he touches it, he either dribbles or is already in an iso, or he dribbles into an iso... In the half court, his facilitation is centered around drawing doubles and finding the open man... If he's not drawing doubles, his hyped passing ability is almost eliminated.
He's also had fairly rocky relationships with PGs over the years... So, we really need a younger version of Rondo... A guy he trusts to take the ball out of his hands a little more and handle the facilitation in the half court.
And we need to get up and down...
Ball might be that guy... THT might be too in a season or so...

That said, I still say our biggest need is a shot blocking C that can play physically in the paint and keep AD off crutches for the season.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#202 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:06 pm

scoobs07 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
lazybatman wrote:The Kobistan hate for Bron is real.. lol

What are you gonna do when Luka wins a couple and is being hailed as the best ever?

I'm not a Kobi-stan. Admittedly, he was my 2nd favorite player to watch after MJ... ahead of T-Mac, Hakeem the Dream (!), Bird, and the Curry/Klay combo. Finally, after many years, I have another player to like as much as any of those, Luka. Good lawd, he is a joy to watch. I'd LOVE to see him in purple and gold.

What will I do when Luka wins a couple? Perhaps, dance and sing the Halle-luka? Especially if he wins as a Laker! :D

Anyway, let's not make this all about me, can I ask you 2 questions:
1) Do you like the style of basketball we play as a team with the ball in LeBron's hands? And...
2) Do you think this is worth paying $40+ MILLION for as he continues to grow older, slower and less athletic?

I'm also not totally hating on LeBron... he was amazing when he was younger... and I'm trying to "give" him what he wants, a pathway to ownership. :lol: I can't stand watching his current brand of "gonna bump you outta the way with my big booty" bully-ball or his "playmaking". With LeBron as the primary handler, we'll never see the kind of team-oriented play that GSW has shown in the past or that Atlanta and Phoenix have been trying to emulate in these playoffs. He gets so much praise for his "passing" and "vision" yet is not so good at orchestrating a team's play. He can make good passes and does have an extraordinary advantage because of his size, yes... but running non-delayed plays/sets, keeping the ball (and players) moving, and consistent orchestration that others can be familiar with and thus play off... well Luka just makes the "right play" more often and sooner/quicker. This didn't matter so much when LeBron was an athletic beast... but as the athleticism goes? Hoo boy... I feel we're in for a looonnnggg couple of years. Point is, to me, "Lebron-ball" with an older LeBron sucks eggs as a viewing spectacle.

Oh... and there is only one GOAT, MJ. :devil:
I agree. LBJ's game is not pretty right now, and it makes the games a bit boring. I think if the Lakers add better shooters around him, his ability to find open shooters will really shine and make for an exciting basketball game. I don't like how him and AD ae out there jacking up threes when they should be focusing on being on the inside and opening up shots for others.

Lakers have a few shooters who actually averaged above 40% from 3 like KCP, Marc and Caruso. The problem was the ones who struggled all year were taking more 3's like Wes, Kieff etc per 100 possessions. I mentioned on this board how Lebron tries to hold the ball longer and at times hunts for assists bec he was in the running for the MVP race and I had a couple of Lebron fans irritated.
Vogel used to be great in riding on the hot hands of shooters but it wasn't evident last season. Not enough screens are set IMO, too many iso's, hunting for mismatches for Schroder etc.
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#203 » by scoobs07 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:38 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
scoobs07 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:I'm not a Kobi-stan. Admittedly, he was my 2nd favorite player to watch after MJ... ahead of T-Mac, Hakeem the Dream (!), Bird, and the Curry/Klay combo. Finally, after many years, I have another player to like as much as any of those, Luka. Good lawd, he is a joy to watch. I'd LOVE to see him in purple and gold.

What will I do when Luka wins a couple? Perhaps, dance and sing the Halle-luka? Especially if he wins as a Laker! :D

1) Do you like the style of basketball we play as a team with the ball in LeBron's hands? And...
2) Do you think this is worth paying $40+ MILLION for as he continues to grow older, slower and less athletic?

I'm also not totally hating on LeBron... he was amazing when he was younger... and I'm trying to "give" him what he wants, a pathway to ownership. :lol: I can't stand watching his current brand of "gonna bump you outta the way with my big booty" bully-ball or his "playmaking". With LeBron as the primary handler, we'll never see the kind of team-oriented play that GSW has shown in the past or that Atlanta and Phoenix have been trying to emulate in these playoffs. He gets so much praise for his "passing" and "vision" yet is not so good at orchestrating a team's play. He can make good passes and does have an extraordinary advantage because of his size, yes... but running non-delayed plays/sets, keeping the ball (and players) moving, and consistent orchestration that others can be familiar with and thus play off... well Luka just makes the "right play" more often and sooner/quicker. This didn't matter so much when LeBron was an athletic beast... but as the athleticism goes? Hoo boy... I feel we're in for a looonnnggg couple of years. Point is, to me, "Lebron-ball" with an older LeBron sucks eggs as a viewing spectacle.

I agree. LBJ's game is not pretty right now, and it makes the games a bit boring. I think if the Lakers add better shooters around him, his ability to find open shooters will really shine and make for an exciting basketball game. I don't like how him and AD ae out there jacking up threes when they should be focusing on being on the inside and opening up shots for others.

Lakers have a few shooters who actually averaged above 40% from 3 like KCP, Marc and Caruso. The problem was the ones who struggled all year were taking more 3's like Wes, Kieff etc per 100 possessions. I mentioned on this board how Lebron tries to hold the ball longer and at times hunts for assists bec he was in the running for the MVP race and I had a couple of Lebron fans irritated.
Vogel used to be great in riding on the hot hands of shooters but it wasn't evident last season. Not enough screens are set IMO, too many iso's, hunting for mismatches for Schroder etc.
Those aforementioned players shot good in terms of percentage, but not at a high enough volume. Ask yourself this: If you are an opposing team, are you scared of getting burned by KCP, Caruso, and Gasol with threes? I know KCP has his moments, bit overall these dudes are just not established enough of shooters. Lakers need legit feared three-point shooters, that are use to being 15+ point per game scorers. Basically, their third scorer needs to be a big-time three point shooter.
AGAVE
Junior
And1: 64

Post#204 » by AGAVE » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:05 pm

Kilroy wrote:He's really effective when he has the ball and is trying to break down defenses... We need to attack more in transition and with the top rated Defense.
LeBron's game is such a unicorn, it's hard to figure out how to maximize his effectiveness as he ages and loses a step. He's not really a shooter, so you can't put him in spots to hit jump shots and run the offense through other guys for different looks... When he touches it, he either dribbles or is already in an iso, or he dribbles into an iso... In the half court, his facilitation is centered around drawing doubles and finding the open man... If he's not drawing doubles, his hyped passing ability is almost eliminated.
He's also had fairly rocky relationships with PGs over the years... So, we really need a younger version of Rondo... A guy he trusts to take the ball out of his hands a little more and handle the facilitation in the half

You made me think back some on this.
Barkley came to mind as he worked and drew double team defenses.
Wonder if James would consider random sets where he is in lower to the basket drawing this. Creating fouls, passing to open guys or even the lob up to an AD.
Take advantage of using his size, strength, & IQ.
Respect Elgin Baylor
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#205 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:17 pm

scoobs07 wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
scoobs07 wrote: I agree. LBJ's game is not pretty right now, and it makes the games a bit boring. I think if the Lakers add better shooters around him, his ability to find open shooters will really shine and make for an exciting basketball game. I don't like how him and AD ae out there jacking up threes when they should be focusing on being on the inside and opening up shots for others.

Those aforementioned players shot good in terms of percentage, but not at a high enough volume. Ask yourself this: If you are an opposing team, are you scared of getting burned by KCP, Caruso, and Gasol with threes? I know KCP has his moments, bit overall these dudes are just not established enough of shooters. Lakers need legit feared three-point shooters, that are use to being 15+ point per game scorers. Basically, their third scorer needs to be a big-time three point shooter.

For the months of Dec and January, both KCP and Caruso were hitting like at least 45% from 3 and yet they were barely taking 4-5 shots/game. I understand what you are saying, but my concern is that, Vogel and Lebron might have different ideas on how to run the offense. Even before Frank and James have came here. West would bring in shooters like Rice, McCloud, Murray, Radmanovic and they were barely had significant roles for their respective offensive sets. If Lue is coaching this team, then yes, acquiring legit shooters is a must, that is why they committed 16 mil/yr to Morris Sr.
scoobs07
Starter

Post#206 » by scoobs07 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:26 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
scoobs07 wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:Lakers have a few shooters who actually averaged above 40% from 3 like KCP, Marc and Caruso. The problem was the ones who struggled all year were taking more 3's like Wes, Kieff etc per 100 possessions. I mentioned on this board how Lebron tries to hold the ball longer and at times hunts for assists bec he was in the running for the MVP race and I had a couple of Lebron fans irritated.

For the months of Dec and January, both KCP and Caruso were hitting like at least 45% from 3 and yet they were barely taking 4-5 shots/game. I understand what you are saying, but my concern is that, Vogel and Lebron might have different ideas on how to run the offense. Even before Frank and James have came here. West would bring in shooters like Rice, McCloud, Murray, Radmanovic and they were barely had significant roles for their respective offensive sets. If Lue is coaching this team, then yes, acquiring legit shooters is a must, that is why they committed 16 mil/yr to Morris Sr.
That was a differnt era. But even then, Rice was a decent third banana, and they won a ring. But all in all, three-point shooting was obviously not nearly as important as it is now. The game has evolved since our sacred Kobe and Shaq days. LB and AD are in a sense are Kobe and Shaq, but the difference is, it is imperative that we surround them with shooters.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#207 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:21 pm

AGAVE wrote:
Kilroy wrote:He's really effective when he has the ball and is trying to break down defenses... We need to attack more in transition and with the top rated Defense.
He's also had fairly rocky relationships with PGs over the years... So, we really need a younger version of Rondo... A guy he trusts to take the ball out of his hands a little more and handle the facilitation in the half

You made me think back some on this.
Barkley came to mind as he worked and drew double team defenses.
Wonder if James would consider random sets where he is in lower to the basket drawing this. Creating fouls, passing to open guys or even the lob up to an AD.
Take advantage of using his size, strength, & IQ.

Lebron there were moments when he actually goes the post esp when he realize that his defender is undersized but they also consider leaving the lanes open at times.
For me, the key is Anthony Davis. Not a few here are demanding that AD should be confronted in to playing center more esp now that he has signed a longer contract but my concerned is that he has the tendency to get injured more often when banging bodies with huge centers like Valanciunas, Nurkic, Jokic etc.
Last season, Davis had hit his ALL TIME LOW in FG% and TS%, 2nd lowest in FT attempts in his 9 yr career.
He took 23% of his shots from 10-16 feet which is highest, his 2nd highest was at 18% back in 2013 leading to his 49%FG% and it's not like he continued to play hurt, he actually missed 30 games making sure he felt right before he came back.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#208 » by lazybatman » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:58 pm

scoobs07 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
lazybatman wrote:The Kobistan hate for Bron is real.. lol

What are you gonna do when Luka wins a couple and is being hailed as the best ever?

I'm not a Kobi-stan. Admittedly, he was my 2nd favorite player to watch after MJ... ahead of T-Mac, Hakeem the Dream (!), Bird, and the Curry/Klay combo. Finally, after many years, I have another player to like as much as any of those, Luka. Good lawd, he is a joy to watch. I'd LOVE to see him in purple and gold.

Did either of you guys happen to watch Kobe's last 4 years or MJ's 1997 & 1998 championship runs(Ima spare you the Washington stint out of courtesy to a final stat padding effort which did no good anyway).

Here's MJ's Game 6 1998. Being the fans that you claim to be, please watch it again in full(as challenging as it might be) and realize how beautiful he really was -

- 55% usg for a meagre 1 assist (Forget Lebron, that **** would put Harden to shame)
- 35 shots for 45 points despite being gifted 15 FTs in the game(70 FTs all series while mostly shooting turn around fade aways, while Malone, Hornacek and Stockton totaled 67 - Helps to have the commissioner think of you as a son)
- 42% usg for the series for 2.3 assists
- 42% FG%
- 33 ppg of 27 FGA.. smh
- All this while being guarded by the great Jeff Hornacek

Lebron will commit suicide before he has to put out that kinda ugliness on the floor. Wake up and start watching some actual basketball, rather than a self produced (so called)documentaries before typing such obnoxious bullsh*t on the board for everyone to see. This kinda crappy product may have won championships + FMVPs in that expansion league era, but today, guys lose 3-1 leads for far better performances, since David Stern ain't around to help out and hand you 70 FTs all of a sudden.

But, I'm sure none of these words make any sense to you or get a response. Like most MJ fans hiding for shelter, you should also change the topic about 30 ppg & 6/6, cos that's all that's left.

If you had started that conversation with Kyrie / Steph, I'd have been all ears, but I can't resist calling out insecure haters like you.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#209 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:38 pm

scoobs07 wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
scoobs07 wrote: Those aforementioned players shot good in terms of percentage, but not at a high enough volume. Ask yourself this: If you are an opposing team, are you scared of getting burned by KCP, Caruso, and Gasol with threes? I know KCP has his moments, bit overall these dudes are just not established enough of shooters. Lakers need legit feared three-point shooters, that are use to being 15+ point per game scorers. Basically, their third scorer needs to be a big-time three point shooter.

That was a differnt era. But even then, Rice was a decent third banana, and they won a ring. But all in all, three-point shooting was obviously not nearly as important as it is now. The game has evolved since our sacred Kobe and Shaq days. LB and AD are in a sense are Kobe and Shaq, but the difference is, it is imperative that we surround them with shooters.

But you didn't address my other point. You claimed most teams are not/shouldn't be scared of getting burned by KCP and Caruso's 3's and yet they barely took those shots even when they were extremely hot? What the hell happened there?
For December KCP shot 57% and yet only took 3.4 attempts, for January he shot 46% and yet only got to take 4.1 attempts.
For Caruso, January Alex shot a scorching 53.6% from 3 and yet only got to take 2.15 shots per game. I am not disagreeing with you that the Lakers can definitely benefit from established proven shooters but my concern is that Lebron and Vogel might have different ideas on how to attack the defense. AD has been taking a ton of 5-19 footers too and besides, if that shooter is not playing adequate defense, there's a great chance that Frank might just put him in a dog house.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#210 » by lazybatman » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:10 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:Lakers have a few shooters who actually averaged above 40% from 3 like KCP, Marc and Caruso. The problem was the ones who struggled all year were taking more 3's like Wes, Kieff etc per 100 possessions. I mentioned on this board how Lebron tries to hold the ball longer and at times hunts for assists bec he was in the running for the MVP race and I had a couple of Lebron fans irritated.

KCP & AC were going @ 50% & 56% at the beginning of the season, which was obviously unsustainable. KCP is a good shooter. AC is not. But both finishing with 40% for the season speaks to how inefficient their second halves of the season were. I don't wanna go totally mental and ask to trade everyone based on a 6 game series, after a haphazard season where we really didn't get any kind of a chance to build any chemistry, but it's safe to say we need more efficiency to be a contender again.

That said, I'm kinda wary of betting the house(2 rotation players at least) on one way players like Buddy Heild, Duncan Robinson, Doug McDermott, etc. These guys are fun af to have during the regular season - running up leads and hitting some dagger 3s of bail out passes, cos nobody's game planning / scouting or trying to point out your flaws to you before the trade deadline. But playoffs are a different story. We saw what happened to Ben(not for the first time I might add). We can see what CP does as soon as Forbes is introduced in the game.

In a perfect world, I would rather take 6 Alex Carusos who shoot a solid 32% 3FG(no more no less), than have to hide 2 or more Buddy/Duncan kinda shooters on D from being exploited by a smart PG(CP/Harden) or an elite swing swing offensive system(Jazz/Clippers). But that's just me.

I'd prioritize our needs as
1. Some secondary playmaking -
- Brogdon - Trade Kuz + THT / Trez + pick
- Dennis showed signs before Covid Protocol and it's probably more than likely he's back on some kinda 1+1 30-40 mil deal. And I'm cutting him some slack for the abysmal playoffs he had cos it can't be easy for an athletic guy to be ramping back up under that kinda pressure. Hopefully, he can pick up from there and continue to make those reads with a bench PG role after he re-signs, which should fit him better.
- Ingles(for Kuz + 2nd round pick) - High IQ Playmaking + shooting. Good positional defender, but perhaps our worst switch on the shiftier guards like Kyrie/Dame/Steph.. lol. Decent tradeoff for his offense though.
- Patty Mills - MLE. Great high volume career shooter and solid Spurs IQ playmaker and defender.
- DeRozan for MLE - scoring + 7-8 assists
- Jordan McLaughlin - Vet min. 23 year old Wolves 2 way player. High IQ super athletic and savvy defender and playmaker.
- TJ McConnel - Schroeder level bad shooter, who also hesitates to shoot. But he's the old fashioned PG who rewards good hard working rollers and cutters like AD, Kuz & Bron. Excellent defender. Be nice to send Dennis and him to go at the elite back courts for little spurts. Just a menace on creating turnovers of inbound passes. 12p-9a-5r-2.7stl guy on a vet minimum contract. Solid IQ and no issues with playing bench minutes. IMO, he replaces Dennis and makes up for the scoring with assists and chemistry.
- Rondo - hoping he gets bought out, cos the Clips/Hawks couldn't stand him being around, and he's unlikely to be touched by anyone other than Sam Presti for another Clippers pick that they don't have.. lol
- Dragic - vet min - ring chasing contract. Miami are unlikely to pick up his 18 mil team option.

I don't think Lonzo/Lowry S&Ts are worth it cos of the hard CAP and the number of role players we will have to give up with nothing left to fill out the roster, but minimums like Ben and pray. Nets & GSW possibly headed for 200m salaries this coming season. We can't compete with 135 mil.

2. D & 3 guys
- Danny Green - vet min
- Avery Bradley - vet min
- Arisa - vet min
- Ennis III - vet min. Great athletic wing defender who had a break out 43% 3FG year on low volume shooting
- Batum - MLE. He'll probably get a lot more this summer, but wth.
- Geroges Niang - vet min. career 40% 3 FG. Very similar to Ingles without the playmaking.

3. Big - I want a big who can create vertical or 3 point spacing for Bron/AD/Kuz/ THT/AC. Their defender shouldn't just be able to hang out in the paint for help D and discourage driving.
- Myles Turner - #1 off season priority. 10 year solution. Having any two of him, AD & Bron on the court just feels so reassuring. On an excellent 2 year contract. #1 blocks and shots contested at the rim for 2020-21.
- Chris Wood - Surprisingly might be on the block, cos his age doesn't fit with Houston's 2030 window to win. Helluva player for Kuz+pick, but he's played 41+ games only once in his 8 year career.
- Boogie - Vet Min. Excellent 3 FG Shooter, ISO post offense, playmaker out of the post and P&R ball handler(YUP!!!). Outstanding rebounder and underrated defender against non-smallball teams
- PJ - vet min. Although he's worth more
- Nemanja Bjelica - Excellent Shooter + poor rebounder who can defend better than Trez positionally
- Jeff Green
- Blake Griffin - why not come to a team that actually might win
- Gorgui Dieng - Athletic Big
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#211 » by loveshaq786 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:20 pm

lazybatman wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
- Brogdon.... kcp, gasol, mckinnie and pick

KuZ for DeRozan at 5/90

- Jordan McLaughlin - Vet min. 23 year old Wolves 2 way player. High IQ super athletic and savvy defender and playmaker.

- Rondo - hoping he gets bought out, cos the Clips/Hawks couldn't stand him being around, and he's unlikely to be touched by anyone other than Sam Presti for another Clippers pick that they don't have.. lol
- Dragic - vet min - ring chasing contract. Miami are unlikely to pick up his 18 mil team option.

Shroeder fo4 Lonzo/Lowry S&Ts ...or bye bye

2. D & 3 guys
- Danny Green - vet min
- Avery Bradley - vet min
- Arisa - vet min
- Ennis III - vet min. Great athletic wing defender who had a break out 43% 3FG year on low volume shooting

- Myles Turner - #1 off season priority. 10 year solution. Having any two of him, AD & Bron on the court just feels so reassuring. On an excellent 2 year contract. #1 blocks and shots contested at the rim for 2020-21...... Love it but need harrell in that trade for bogdon

- Chris wood... No way we get him

- Boogie - Vet Min. Excellent 3 FG Shooter, ISO post offense, playmaker out of the post and P&R ball handler(YUP!!!). Outstanding rebounder and underrated defender against non-smallball teams
- PJ - vet min. Although he's worth more... Would love this
- Nemanja Bjelica - Excellent Shooter + poor rebounder who can defend better than Trez positionally
- Jeff Green... Automatic
- Blake Griffin - why not come to a team that actually might win
- Gorgui Dieng - Athletic Big

* If trade happens for bogdon and turner...KuZ, kcp,gasol, mckinnie, 22.... need harrell to resign

Than we try for DeRozan at MLE... OR WITH SCHROEDER S&T

We set with those vets.... Would add melo, reddick
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#212 » by Pythagoras » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:10 pm

FA Guards for the mini MLE

On the most recent Lakers Exceptionalism podcast they talked about FA guards that are expected to be available for the mini MLE. The two names that jumped out at me were TJ McConnell and Kendrick Nunn. I’d rather have either one of those guys at that price as than Schroeder for 15 million or more.
Numbers rule the universe.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#213 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:55 pm

Pythagoras wrote:FA Guards for the mini MLE

On the most recent Lakers Exceptionalism podcast they talked about FA guards that are expected to be available for the mini MLE. The two names that jumped out at me were TJ McConnell and Kendrick Nunn. I’d rather have either one of those guys at that price as than Schroeder for 15 million or more.

I just listened to the podcast and these guys seemed to have done their homework well with extensive research on detailed stats. I like McConnell too but they were also concerned with his shooting which is a vital need for their offense.
They included the names of Lou Williams who is a bad defender but is a dynamic scorer. Bryn Forbes and his shooting.
Branded my boy Patty Mills as the "US team slayer" for stepping up and give the US team fits but they also dwell so much on his weaknesses and not stressing his main strength of hitting the 3.
I like Austin Rivers, esp if they lose Caruso.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,751

Post#214 » by ROballer » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:51 pm

What does the mini MLE even mean?
You mean the BAE? This BAE?
In 2020/21, the bi-annual exception is worth $3,623,000, and can be used to offer a deal worth up to about $7,427,150 over two years.

Both of those guys are getting the FULL MLE worth of 10 mil per easily.

I don't know who those guys on the podcast are, but I saw some posters post some of their trade ideas.
I don't have a problem with their borderline homeristic tendencies(trades were horrendously one sided towards us), it's hard to find an objective approach without the homer glasses on nowadays.... but most of them weren't even legal in the CBA.

If you open your mouth on air, at least know a **** rule or two before you do it. And actually watch the market tendencies before you make a hideous assumption. What's next, Kyle Lowry for the minimum because he's 35 and two bozos on a podcast feel like that's his market value?
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#215 » by Pythagoras » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:04 pm

ROballer wrote:What does the mini MLE even mean?
In 2020/21, the bi-annual exception is worth $3,623,000, and can be used to offer a deal worth up to about $7,427,150 over two years.

I don't know who those guys on the podcast are, but I saw some posters post some of their trade ideas.
I don't have a problem with their borderline homeristic tendencies(trades were horrendously one sided towards us), it's hard to find an objective approach without the homer glasses on nowadays.... but most of them weren't even legal in the CBA.

If you open your mouth on air, at least know a **** rule or two before you do it. And actually watch the market tendencies before you make a hideous assumption. What's next, Kyle Lowry for the minimum because he's 35 and two bozos on a podcast feel like that's his market value?

The mini MLE is the taxpayer MLE, which is projected to be around 6 million this year. Many of your concerns about one sided trades, legality of trades, and whether these guys could get more than the mini MLE is explained in their podcast. I just give the rough outline because I don’t want to give their whole program away.
Numbers rule the universe.
scoobs07
Starter

Post#216 » by scoobs07 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:14 am

ROballer wrote:What does the mini MLE even mean?

Too many dang homers man. They get all emotional and stuff.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#217 » by TylersLakers » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:33 am

:nod:
Pythagoras wrote:FA Guards for the mini MLE

If we split up the mini MLE, I honestly like Satoransky at 2-3M.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,751

Post#218 » by ROballer » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:29 am

It's still too low for them.

TJ McConnell is one of the best if not the best backup PG in this league, top 5 6th man in the league and an absolute difference maker whenever he steps on the court. He's not getting 5.8 mil a year when obsolete scrubs like KCT or Kuzma are getting 13 mil each.
The reigning 6th man Clarkson gets 13 mil on average for the next 4 years and he doesn't do anything better than TJ except scoring.
TJ got a slow-ish start for the first 2 months of the season, but for the final 4 he was hands down the 6MOTY. He's getting paid as he should.

And Nunn for a guy who has some flaws, he's a career 15/3/3 guy on a good team, he's not putting up empty numbers on **** team.

So the notion "they're gonna be available at the mini mle(not a real term btw)" is ludicrous.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Coachcpe
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#219 » by Coachcpe » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:53 am

Different idea for a sign and trade that I don’t think has been mentioned.

LAL sends out Schroeder (resigned at 4 years 96 million/24 per year) to Denver
Denver sends out Monte Morris (9 million per year starting next year. Will Barton (resigned at 4 years 64 million/16 per year)

This gives Denver insurance for Murray. Schroeder explosive off the bounce and pick and roll compliments what Murray does in second unit.

Gives Lakers a reliable point guard that fits more of the roll of a point guard the LBJ has played with most of his career. Barton gives them a legitimate 3rd scoring threat whether it be starting or leading the second unit like he has most of his career. Gives them 2 guys who have both proven to be shot makers over Schroeder. Throw in Gasol/Mckinnie or future second if needed as sweetener.
Coachcpe
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#220 » by Coachcpe » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:13 am

Let me add to that by saying they can still make more moves. Leaves the possibility on the table of Kuzma and Harrell (if he opts in) to Sacramento for Hield.

Monte Morris/ Caruso
Hield/KCP
LeBron/Barton
AD/Kieff/Vet or MLE guy
Drummond/min guy

Also would have 22 pick in this scenario to get a 3 and D guy or another rim protector.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers