And1: 2,752

Re: USMAN GARUBA 

Post#2 » by ROballer » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:57 am

Pass.

JT Thor is the guy.

Read on Twitter
[/quote]

Read on Twitter

Has the physical attributes to be a switch machine as a big and has the shooting touch? Sign me up.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#3 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:40 am

I wish man that would be the robbery of the last two decades at least he is an amazing kid and the most mature player in this draft for sure an special kid seeing him in my Nba team would be amazing him next to AD that combination would be nasty.

Bonus facts he is a Lakers fan since a kid and his favourite player his KAJ
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#4 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:28 pm

No thanks. I've watched him in the Euroleague and he can't shoot. Yes, he is a beast with prime athleticism, good defense and handle. However, we don't need more non-shooters on this team, we are especially terrible at that department.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
ROballer
General Manager

Post#5 » by ROballer » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:37 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:No thanks. I've watched him in the Euroleague and he can't shoot. Yes, he is a beast with prime athleticism, good defense and handle. However, we don't need more non-shooters on this team, we are especially terrible at that department.

Hence why we need Thor. If you can get both rim protection/defense AND 3 point shooting from your C, you **** do it if you want to keep the pick.

fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie

Post#6 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:55 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:No thanks. I've watched him in the Euroleague and he can't shoot. Yes, he is a beast with prime athleticism, good defense and handle. However, we don't need more non-shooters on this team, we are especially terrible at that department.

He can't shoot when his role all the season has been a strech four?. Anyways don't want a prospect like him is dumb. He was the starting pf and one of the best players of his team probably the best defender and he almost lead Real to the F4 versus the best team in Europe in the playoffs. Playing in a top-4 team in Europe at 19 u don't have kids at 19 playing at this stage. He shoot for only have 19 years old really good, he has been shooting really well since December a 38% from 3 and almost an 80% from the ft line. U are from Spain and don't want to pick him as a late first round pick?. Maybe is because u hate him and u are Barca fan it's the only reason lol. Because this kid as a late first round is one of the best steals in the draft history probably.

Anyways I see the Spurs picking him he is a Kawhi type of pick or if not the Warriors. He is going to play with Pau and Marc probably in the Olympics with Spain If they talk with Pekinka and he do some magic to pick him...
ROballer
General Manager

Post#7 » by ROballer » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:27 pm

He's maybe 6'8 with shoes. We don't need a PF, we need a **** C.

Okay, maybe he can play C with the softeness there is nowadays. 6'4 Bruce Brown used to play a lot of C for the Nets.

But he can't shoot. I don't know how did you get your numbers, but he shot 27% from 3 in the Euroleague and 59% FT the last year.
He made 11 3's in 39 games for Pete's sake.

33% in the ACB.

He's a great defender, can defend the P&R and switch onto guards, but he's a below average rim protector as well.

I don't see how you take him over Thor if both are available.

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#8 » by Spens1 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:48 am

Not likely to happen but if because of age, someone like Davion Mitchell slips to us, that is a must take pick (likely won't get out of the lottery), i'd move Kuzma on to get him. He looks so quick and the type of guard we need honestly.
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie

Post#9 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:10 am

ROballer wrote:He's maybe 6'8 with shoes. We don't need a PF, we need a **** C.

Okay, maybe he can play C with the softeness there is nowadays. 6'4 Bruce Brown used to play a lot of C for the Nets.

But he can't shoot. I don't know how did you get your numbers, but he shot 27% from 3 in the Euroleague and 59% FT the last year.
He made 11 3's in 39 games for Pete's sake.

33% in the ACB.

He's a great defender, can defend the P&R and switch onto guards, but he's a below average rim protector as well.

I don't see how you take him over Thor if both are available.

No he is 6'8 without shoes in Europe the height is listed without shoes. I get the numbers seeing him all season all the games and in the Euroleague and Acb page. He improved during the season a lot his mechanic stroke and his confidence shooting making 2, 3 or 4 threes per game and most important he is a hard worker, he always has been making at least a three per game since a kid it's not that he never can't shoot that's a total lie. Right now he has a solid corner three because he has been playing a lot streching the court in the corners. With the IQ and awareness he has put his kid next to Bron and AD would be a game changer he understand this game and the team game at a high level on both sides. He can take on one one on defense whatever you want the pressure he put on the court is amazing.

Of course he can defend centers he has been defending centers all the season in Europe without any problem legit 7ft mans or more with 250lbs or more not kids in the playoffs he take out Sanli of the series because of the versatility and speed and he can't score over him he is build strong and solid as **** with a fluid body has a perfect mature body with 19 years old.

And of course I take this kid. He is instant ready to impact on a team he is not like a prospect that he can learn to play in the Nba or that he can shoot well in the combines and have I don't know standing reach he is a professional basketball player since 16 playing in a top-4 team in Europe I think the people don't understand how hard is that and in what level you have to play.

Anyways he is going to be picked higher so this is discuss for nothing. If that Thor kid is is avaiable then good I don't think there are to much centers ready they mature more late. I would prefer a SF ready to shoot and play defense or a smart kid that can shoot and play defense nba ready.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#10 » by TylersLakers » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:19 pm

I would love to look at prospects.. but I think it's a guarantee we trade this pick.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers