ImageImageImageImageImage

Predict Lakers Line Up

Moderators: Kilroy, Danny Darko, TyCobb

User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 22,777
And1: 22,882
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#101 » by zimpy27 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:39 am

I'm thinking Reaves needs to start..

PG: Westbrook | Rondo
SG: Reaves | Nunn
SF: THT | Bazemore
PF: LeBron | Ariza
C : Davis | Howard

I'd be happy with this team. Bradley, Ellington, Monk, Melo, Jordan can spot fill.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Pythagoras
Veteran
Posts: 2,870
And1: 2,458
Joined: Aug 15, 2012
Location: KC, Mo
     

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#102 » by Pythagoras » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:15 pm

zimpy27 wrote:I'm thinking Reaves needs to start..

PG: Westbrook | Rondo
SG: Reaves | Nunn
SF: THT | Bazemore
PF: LeBron | THT
C : Davis | Howard

I'd be happy with this team. Bradley, Ellington, Monk, Melo, Jordan can spot fill.


It would be worth a try. I’d personally be starting Davis-Lebron-Bazemore-Bradley-Westbrook. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Reaves though, so I wouldn’t be against him starting.

Either way, Jordan is a waste of a roster spot. I hated that signing when they made it, and its pointless to continue playing him.
Numbers rule the universe.
stan francisco
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,326
And1: 1,165
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#103 » by stan francisco » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:42 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:I'm thinking Reaves needs to start..

PG: Westbrook | Rondo
SG: Reaves | Nunn
SF: THT | Bazemore
PF: LeBron | THT
C : Davis | Howard

I'd be happy with this team. Bradley, Ellington, Monk, Melo, Jordan can spot fill.


It would be worth a try. I’d personally be starting Davis-Lebron-Bazemore-Bradley-Westbrook. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Reaves though, so I wouldn’t be against him starting.

Either way, Jordan is a waste of a roster spot. I hated that signing when they made it, and its pointless to continue playing him.


I think his contract is still a relatively valuable piece to offer in a trade. I doubt he’s still here by February. He could still be believed by other GMs to be able to help a team. If we’re lucky, he becomes a ‘save face’ return for a GM should someone demand out. And he could be good for a team, as long as it’s not named Lakers. Bad fit. :wink:
2021-2022
PG: RW | Bradley | Rondo
SG: Nunn | Monk | Ellington
SF: THT | Reaves | Bazemore
PF: LBJ | Melo | Ariza
C: AD | DH | Huff | DAJ

On the trading block: RW, Baze, DAJ
stan francisco
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,326
And1: 1,165
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#104 » by stan francisco » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:22 pm

Best defensive line-up:
PG: Bradley
SG: THT
SF: Bazemore
PF: LBJ
C: AD

Best offensive lineup:
PG: RW
SG: THT
SF: LBJ
PF: Melo
C: AD
2021-2022
PG: RW | Bradley | Rondo
SG: Nunn | Monk | Ellington
SF: THT | Reaves | Bazemore
PF: LBJ | Melo | Ariza
C: AD | DH | Huff | DAJ

On the trading block: RW, Baze, DAJ
zuju
Junior
Posts: 305
And1: 48
Joined: Jul 14, 2012

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#105 » by zuju » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:15 am

stan francisco wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:I'm thinking Reaves needs to start..

PG: Westbrook | Rondo
SG: Reaves | Nunn
SF: THT | Bazemore
PF: LeBron | THT
C : Davis | Howard

I'd be happy with this team. Bradley, Ellington, Monk, Melo, Jordan can spot fill.


It would be worth a try. I’d personally be starting Davis-Lebron-Bazemore-Bradley-Westbrook. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Reaves though, so I wouldn’t be against him starting.

Either way, Jordan is a waste of a roster spot. I hated that signing when they made it, and its pointless to continue playing him.


I think his contract is still a relatively valuable piece to offer in a trade. I doubt he’s still here by February. He could still be believed by other GMs to be able to help a team. If we’re lucky, he becomes a ‘save face’ return for a GM should someone demand out. And he could be good for a team, as long as it’s not named Lakers. Bad fit. :wink:


I hated this DJordan signing from the very beginning. Washed big with no skills or BBIQ to save his life in the NBA. The most I can torlerate him is until all star break. If he cannot play decent defence and rebound on decent rate under Vogel, he can never be one decent defender and rebounder anymore. There are options vetter than him out there in the free agency. Don't only go for big names. Look for one who fits, maintained physical conditions, have good skills and BBIQ.

Besides, I actually prefered Matthews or payton over bradley.
euphorbus
Analyst
Posts: 3,152
And1: 1,350
Joined: Sep 28, 2015
 

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#106 » by euphorbus » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:40 pm

This will be a tough one if Anthony Davis is out against the Thunder: Jordan, Anthony, Bazewood, Monk, Westbrook.
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 22,777
And1: 22,882
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#107 » by zimpy27 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:05 pm

I feel it's pretty set at this in the playoffs:

PG: Westbrook (32) | Rondo (16)
SG: Nunn (18) | Reaves or Monk or Ellington or Bradley (30)
SF: THT (24) | Bazemore (12) | Ariza or Melo (12)
PF: LeBron (35) | Davis (7) | Ariza or Melo (6)
C : Davis (28) | Howard (10) | Ariza or Melo or Jordan (10)

The spots with two players are because they seem to be the spots that are unknown at this stage.. This also assumes everyone is healthy.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 20,230
And1: 10,599
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#108 » by Kilroy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:21 pm

If Bazemore is higher than second option at any position, I think we're in trouble... I would rather have Quinn Cook back and give him those minutes.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 20,230
And1: 10,599
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#109 » by Kilroy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:23 pm

euphorbus wrote:This will be a tough one if Anthony Davis is out against the Thunder: Jordan, Anthony, Bazewood, Monk, Westbrook.


If AD is out, then it's whatever, but I think Monk, Westbrook and Anthony might actually be enough offense to be OKC as long as we can get stops...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
ROballer
General Manager
Posts: 8,020
And1: 1,734
Joined: Sep 06, 2009
Location: Romania
   

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#110 » by ROballer » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:30 am

THT back in business, activated for the Spurs game.

No more **** wing scrubs for us, get him Bazemore's spot right away, that guy is a corpse.

35 mins a game while Lebron is out, non-negociable.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Pythagoras
Veteran
Posts: 2,870
And1: 2,458
Joined: Aug 15, 2012
Location: KC, Mo
     

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#111 » by Pythagoras » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:50 pm

ROballer wrote:THT back in business, activated for the Spurs game.

No more **** wing scrubs for us, get him Bazemore's spot right away, that guy is a corpse.

35 mins a game while Lebron is out, non-negociable.


Yeah, Bazemore has been brutal. Bradley is hurt though, which means THT will be replacing Bradley’s minutes, which still should be a good thing. If THT can be at the very least what Mann (Clippers) has been, it’ll be a massive upgrade for the squad. Lotta pressure on THT.
Numbers rule the universe.
ROballer
General Manager
Posts: 8,020
And1: 1,734
Joined: Sep 06, 2009
Location: Romania
   

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#112 » by ROballer » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:07 pm

Ellington, Bazemore and Bradley have combined for 11 pts, 4 reb and 1 ast in 68 mins against the Wolvez, while making 3-13 3's and playing no D.

At least Bradley and Ellington are still shooting it respectfully from 3 this year but Bazemore's at 30% and not providing anything else.

We had discussions over the summer, some questioning fit. Please take your opinion and shove it where the sun don't shine, if you're still questioning fit after you saw how our wing rotation is looking like...and don't think THT needs to be ridden until his tires break.

The future is now. 35+ mins after the first few games of reacclimation. I don't want to hear anything else.

If we don't have what it takes to contend, at least build a semblance of anything after Lebron is done. Davis and THT is literally all we have.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Eric Bieniemy
Junior
Posts: 279
And1: 165
Joined: May 11, 2021

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#113 » by Eric Bieniemy » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:02 pm

PG - WESTBROOK - RONDO
SG - ELLINGTON - MONK
C - DAVIS - HOWARD
PF - TUCKER - ANTHONY
SF - BAZEMORE - (TUCKER/DOUMBOUYA)
ROballer
General Manager
Posts: 8,020
And1: 1,734
Joined: Sep 06, 2009
Location: Romania
   

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#114 » by ROballer » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:20 pm

Bazemore is out of the starting lineup and I think it's for the whole season, if THT is getting the nod from the first game

For the Spurs game it's Westbrook/Bradley/THT/Carmelo/Davis.

We've officially ended the experiment with Jordan as well, Davis is playing full time C from now on and Dwight is the backup.

I'd assume Lebron is taking Carmelo's spot when he returns. Only question mark is the SG spot, I see Ellington/Bradley/Monk and maybe even Nunn when he returns taking turns based on matchups.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 20,230
And1: 10,599
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#115 » by Kilroy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:28 am

Have some balls...
THT
Monk
LeBron
Melo
AD
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
stan francisco
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,326
And1: 1,165
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#116 » by stan francisco » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:25 pm

Seriously, what can we get for Westbrook, DAJ and Bazemore? We don’t need any of them because of no defense.

Fire sale before next season, Rob! Start the sale now. $40M+ expiring plus two fillers.
2021-2022
PG: RW | Bradley | Rondo
SG: Nunn | Monk | Ellington
SF: THT | Reaves | Bazemore
PF: LBJ | Melo | Ariza
C: AD | DH | Huff | DAJ

On the trading block: RW, Baze, DAJ
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 22,777
And1: 22,882
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#117 » by zimpy27 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:41 pm

The plan has always been to have Westbrook, THT, LeBron, Davis with a shooter at SG. I think Westbrook and THT together (plus Melo/Ariza) is what enables Davis to be a C. Without them I think Davis plays the PF role.

People hating on Russ but the fact that he is such a good rebounder as a PG will enable Davis to be the C for many more minutes, which makes the Lakers better.

I think Westbrook just needs time to grow chemistry for his reads on where the guys are going to be on the court.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
LAKESHOW
RealGM
Posts: 15,280
And1: 3,399
Joined: Mar 14, 2002
Location: HOME OF THE 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#118 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:42 pm

Ben Simmons
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
stan francisco
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,326
And1: 1,165
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#119 » by stan francisco » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:00 pm

zimpy27 wrote:The plan has always been to have Westbrook, THT, LeBron, Davis with a shooter at SG. I think Westbrook and THT together (plus Melo/Ariza) is what enables Davis to be a C. Without them I think Davis plays the PF role.

People hating on Russ but the fact that he is such a good rebounder as a PG will enable Davis to be the C for many more minutes, which makes the Lakers better.

I think Westbrook just needs time to grow chemistry for his reads on where the guys are going to be on the court.


Fair points. I agree, as far as offense goes.

I’ve just never seen Westbrook play solid positional defense. Ever.
2021-2022
PG: RW | Bradley | Rondo
SG: Nunn | Monk | Ellington
SF: THT | Reaves | Bazemore
PF: LBJ | Melo | Ariza
C: AD | DH | Huff | DAJ

On the trading block: RW, Baze, DAJ
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 20,230
And1: 10,599
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#120 » by Kilroy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:02 pm

I would actually love a
Nunn
THT
Monk
LeBron
AD
Lineup too... Swap Monk for Reaves as necessary.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers