ImageImageImageImageImage

Kendrick Nunn to the Lakers SHAMS

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Re: Kendrick Nunn to the Lakers SHAMS 

Post#21 » by euphorbus » Thu Jan 6, 2022 11:29 am

There was a video clip of Nunn shooting threes the other day. When he stopped, he walked to the key, with a slight but noticeable limp. Bone "bruises" are actually small breaks in the surface of the bone and can be highly unpredictable.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#22 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jan 6, 2022 6:30 pm

Any day now?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#23 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 10:58 pm

Hopefully he comes back, that will be big for the Lakers if he can prove to be a reliable 4th guy.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#24 » by stan francisco » Fri Jan 7, 2022 12:08 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Hopefully he comes back, that will be big for the Lakers if he can prove to be a reliable third guy.

Fixed it for you, lol.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#25 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 5:59 pm

stan francisco wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Hopefully he comes back, that will be big for the Lakers if he can prove to be a reliable third guy.

Fixed it for you, lol.

Lakers filmroom podcast have discussed the recent wonderful dynamic between Lebron and Monk, likening it to what Lebron had with Kyrie. They are not stating that Monk is at Kyrie level but they have some similar styles of their attack.
Westbrook committing ZERO turnovers last game has a lot to do with him not dominating the ball and BSH has noticed it too. Now sure if they have totally given up with Russ facilitating the offense bec of his numerous mistakes. It's great that for now it has paused the bleeding but I can't help but wonder the long term effects of him not being useful in the playoffs.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#26 » by Landsberger » Fri Jan 7, 2022 6:10 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Fixed it for you, lol.

Lakers filmroom podcast have discussed the recent wonderful dynamic between Lebron and Monk, likening it to what Lebron had with Kyrie. They are not stating that Monk is at Kyrie level but they have some similar styles of their attack.
Westbrook committing ZERO turnovers last game has a lot to do with him not dominating the ball and BSH has noticed it too. Now sure if they have totally given up with Russ facilitating the offense bec of his numerous mistakes. It's great that for now it has paused the bleeding but I can't help but wonder the long term effects of him not being useful in the playoffs.

I'm not sure there is anything meaningful you can take away from a game where we were trailing with 2:50 left on our home court to a last place team. At least in the context of the Lakers being a contender or even a playoff threat.

Wasn't LFR the site that drooled all over Russell?
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#27 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 6:35 pm

Landsberger wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
Fixed it for you, lol.

I'm not sure there is anything meaningful you can take away from a game where we were trailing with 2:50 left on our home court to a last place team. At least in the context of the Lakers being a contender or even a playoff threat.

The topic was on offense where Monk is averaging nearly 21pts/game the past 5 contests with Malik shooting at least 40% from 3 and at least 50% overall FG%.
Yes they have struggled to win convincingly the last game with Hield and Fox torching their defense... which is probably connected bec both Russ and Monk are not great at defending.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#28 » by Landsberger » Fri Jan 7, 2022 7:09 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

The topic was on offense where Monk is averaging nearly 21pts/game the past 5 contests with Malik shooting at least 40% from 3 and at least 50% overall FG%.
Yes they have struggled to win convincingly the last game with Hield and Fox torching their defense... which is probably connected bec both Russ and Monk are not great at defending.

We're around .500 while playing the weakest schedule in the league so far. We have the toughest remaining schedule. LeBron can't keep up what he's doing to just get us by some marginal playoff teams and a few last place teams.

While I'd love to be optimistic, I'll live at this top level of the statistics... W's and L's and the strength of the competition. Getting Davis back will be big but I worry that he'll be limited most of the rest of this year. He seems to recover slowly from every injury he's had.

The franchise needs to look a this year as a turning point instead of a "missed opportunity". The Celtics hung on to an aged superstar roster 2 years too long and it took them a decade to dig out. They accumulated picks and players other wanted.. we are accumulating contracts and players no one wants.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#29 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 8:35 pm

Landsberger wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

We're around .500 while playing the weakest schedule in the league so far. We have the toughest remaining schedule. LeBron can't keep up what he's doing to just get us by some marginal playoff teams and a few last place teams.

While I'd love to be optimistic, I'll live at this top level of the statistics... W's and L's and the strength of the competition. Getting Davis back will be big but I worry that he'll be limited most of the rest of this year. He seems to recover slowly from every injury he's had.

The franchise needs to look a this year as a turning point instead of a "missed opportunity". The Celtics hung on to an aged superstar roster 2 years too long and it took them a decade to dig out. They accumulated picks and players other wanted.. we are accumulating contracts and players no one wants.

I am not suggesting that things are looking bright and/or making a ton of progress. LFR mentioned about how specifically how Monk and Lebron are attacking the defense but they didn't declare that it's going to be devastating against good teams. Russ seems to have a lesser role plus their defense are not exactly good. Davis coming back healthy and sharp is their ONLY HOPE from them go compete.
Westbrook has only another season left, no team in their right mind would touch him, unless they are desperate to unload a huge contract.
Boston hanged on to their aging stars, eventually got multiple great picks and has ZERO rings to show for it. Denver looked great before the Murray Injury. Utah is Utah, Clippers still without Kawhi, Suns failed time, all with ZERO RINGS.
Again I am not saying the Lakers future is bright because it's not, but I don't think they are exactly in hell in 2 years when everyone leaves except for AD and THT.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#30 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 8, 2022 2:50 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:The topic was on offense where Monk is averaging nearly 21pts/game the past 5 contests with Malik shooting at least 40% from 3 and at least 50% overall FG%.

I am not suggesting that things are looking bright and/or making a ton of progress. LFR mentioned about how specifically how Monk and Lebron are attacking the defense but they didn't declare that it's going to be devastating against good teams. Russ seems to have a lesser role plus their defense are not exactly good. Davis coming back healthy and sharp is their ONLY HOPE from them go compete.
Westbrook has only another season left, no team in their right mind would touch him, unless they are desperate to unload a huge contract.
Boston hanged on to their aging stars, eventually got multiple great picks and has ZERO rings to show for it. Denver looked great before the Murray Injury. Utah is Utah, Clippers still without Kawhi, Suns failed time, all with ZERO RINGS.
Again I am not saying the Lakers future is bright because it's not, but I don't think they are exactly in hell in 2 years when everyone leaves except for AD and THT.

I think we agree more than disagree. As a 50 year fan I've seen several eras of Lakers. Each overstayed it utility by a couple years. Each other time however there was some level of continuity and the ability to rebuild. The mindset of this ownership group is that of "we'll just buy a replacement team" when this one is done. Bron got us another ring. Boston go a ring from their 08 run. They were able to get some value from their team. We have set it up not to it seems. So what if we have 2 max slots in a couple years.... you don't just toss stars together and have a championship team. The Knicks did that for 20 years with zero success. But hey.... if kept the arena full and the TV deal in place.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#31 » by Up-And-Coming » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:01 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

Monk has been a great revelation. Monk's offense fits really well w/ Lebron. I didn't realize until this season Monk's ability to play off-ball. He's actually a much more efficient offensive player w/ someone like Lebron creating shots for him: 3 point spacing, cutting, or if a defender closes out on him he simply pump fake dribble drives for a mid-range or floater. I love how he for the most part keeps it simple & efficient.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by stan francisco » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:30 pm

Once Nunn can man the PG spot in the starting lineup, watch out for LAL is all I say. Frank, you have to make Russ 6MOY.

When this team is back to being healthy, it’s not gonna be fun to meet the Lakers in a seven game series:

PG: Nunn | RW | Collison
SG: Monk | Bradley | Reaves
SF: LBJ | Johnson | THT
PF: AD | Ariza | Melo
C: DH | Huff | LBJ | DAJ

We can move the players around all we want, LBJ could start at 1-5. The point I’m making is that if we’re healthy and playing defense like last two playoffs, we can win it all. No C minutes for AD until late in game 7 and only if absolutely necessary. Please. Other than that, when vets like Ariza, Howard, LBJ, AD, Bradley, Melo, get their asses in playoffs gear, I like our chances against anyone.

It’ll come down to our defense. Can’t wait to see what Nunn brings.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#33 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:51 am

Read on Twitter

I think Nunn will be on the floor come end of the month
euphorbus
Analyst

Post#34 » by euphorbus » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:11 pm

Nunn is still having problems with the knee bruise and the team is reducing his physical workload.

He may get traded because LA needs another wing, not a guard, and has so little room for maneuvering under the salary cap.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#35 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:53 pm

euphorbus wrote:Nunn is still having problems with the knee bruise and the team is reducing his physical workload.

He may get traded because LA needs another wing, not a guard, and has so little room for maneuvering under the salary cap.

Why would other teams agree to absorb a contract of a player who hasn't even played 1 second this season, and at the same time give up valuable assets for him?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#36 » by Kilroy » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:18 pm

Why the hell isn't this dude back yet? Is he sitting out the season cause we suck?

It was a bruised knee right? Not a knee replacement...

I mean, not that it matters much, but still...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#37 » by Landsberger » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:44 pm

Kilroy wrote:Why the hell isn't this dude back yet? Is he sitting out the season cause we suck?

It was a bruised knee right? Not a knee replacement...

I mean, not that it matters much, but still...

Would you want to be on film in one of these games?
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#38 » by BEazy » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:47 pm

What a waste of the mMLE. Dude conned the Lakers out of money over a freaking knee bruise...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by stan francisco » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:29 am

AD is coming back. LBJ is soon in post season mode. Nunn might come back. We may clinch the 10th spot. It’s all a series at a time from there.
euphorbus
Analyst

Post#40 » by euphorbus » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:53 am

BEazy wrote:What a waste of the mMLE. Dude conned the Lakers out of money over a freaking knee bruise...

It is called a "bruise," but actually amounts to a break in the surface of the bone of the knee, which damages the blood vessels. The same thing can happen in the ankle or shin, and recovery time there is also highly variable, sometimes taking months.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers