ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 5 : Los Angeles Lakers (2-2) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (0-4) - 8:00 PM

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

NoseBleedLakers
Lead Assistant
And1: 343

Re: Game 5 : Los Angeles Lakers (2-2) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (0-4) - 8:00 PM 

Post#41 » by NoseBleedLakers » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:30 am

Welp, the Lakers sure deserved that L. Way to get complacent and blow a 26 point lead. Absolutely despicable.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#42 » by RamonSessions7 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:30 am

Yo we need to get melo back to staples, road melo is a frightfest
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#43 » by Landsberger » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:31 am

OKC tried to give this game away 3 times and we couldn't come close....

It's unfortunate but these types of losses get coaches fired when this is squarely on the players.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#44 » by Landsberger » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:32 am

NoseBleedLakers wrote:Welp, the Lakers sure deserved that L. Way to get complacent and blow a 26 point lead. Absolutely despicable.

I have a different take.... we played the first quarter at a level we may not do again in the next 2 months. The rest of the game wasn't far from how we've been playing the rest of this year.
TJM217
Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Post#45 » by TJM217 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:33 am

Ball so hard wrote:Some bum crossed Melo without even trying and drove straight to the hoop for a dunk. I just don’t see how it’s possible to win with so many awful defenders.

Dude! I saw that and my face went into my palms. Dort is no dribble God. That was a basic crossover and Melo looked like he was playing in wet cement
Lake Show Baby!!!
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#46 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:34 am

You are going to fire the coach and this team is going to be still trash in a lot of things. I prefer fire Pelinka he is who really deserve to be fired for made those rosters on back to back years and **** the team who won the championship.
TJM217
Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Post#47 » by TJM217 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:35 am

Shut up Russ!!! Play defense you bum
Lake Show Baby!!!
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#48 » by Ball so hard » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:36 am

Landsberger wrote:OKC tried to give this game away 3 times and we couldn't come close....

It's unfortunate but these types of losses get coaches fired when this is squarely on the players.

Agree this is mostly on the players. However, Vogel was less than impressive this game. I’m not sure how you play Melo, Monk, and Russ on defense in the final minute of the game while being down. Unfortunately we have about 5-6 guys on this team that you need to hide on defense. Whoever (Rob or Lebron and AD) thought this was a good way to build a team should be fired.
NoseBleedLakers
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by NoseBleedLakers » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:36 am

Lakers go 8/25 from the field in the 4th quarter and couldn't get any stops either.

How are you going to let an OKC team averaging 94 ppg score 104 points in the final three quarters of the game :lol:
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#50 » by Landsberger » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:38 am

Well.... My guess is the team will get somewhat better with time. That said, my second guess is that we will see a lot of missed time by the Geritol squad that may make my first guess moot.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#51 » by Ball so hard » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:39 am

siFy wrote:You are going to fire the coach and this team is going to be still trash in a lot of things. I prefer fire Pelinka he is who really deserve to be fired for made those rosters on back to back years and **** the team who won the championship.

Couldn’t agree with you more. About the only thing Pelinka is good at is cap management. He deserves an F in just about every other area.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#52 » by Landsberger » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:41 am

Ball so hard wrote:
Landsberger wrote:OKC tried to give this game away 3 times and we couldn't come close....

Agree this is mostly on the players. However, Vogel was less than impressive this game. I’m not sure how you play Melo, Monk, and Russ on defense in the final minute of the game while being down. Unfortunately we have about 5-6 guys on this team that you need to hide on defense. Whoever (Rob or Lebron and AD) thought this was a good way to build a team should be fired.

Yeah.... I get that but where are you going to get offense to close the gap. Melo has been washed for a couple years at anything other than some spot up shooting. It's a tough call either way.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#53 » by Landsberger » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:44 am

Ball so hard wrote:
siFy wrote:You are going to fire the coach and this team is going to be still trash in a lot of things. I prefer fire Pelinka he is who really deserve to be fired for made those rosters on back to back years and **** the team who won the championship.

Couldn’t agree with you more. About the only thing Pelinka is good at is cap management. He deserves an F in just about every other area.

Did Pelinka make the moves in a vacuum? The team looks like some Bron Bro's to me.
NoseBleedLakers
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by NoseBleedLakers » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:49 am

Don't know why Russ was getting butt hurt at that dunk at the end. Don't want that to happen? Then don't blow a 26 point lead lol.
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#55 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:55 am

Landsberger wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:

Did Pelinka make the moves in a vacuum? The team looks like some Bron Bro's to me.

Well he is the GM you have a job. Not doing what Lebron says. Then for more reason he need to be fired I mean what he was thinking signing Westbrook when everyone knows that he can't shoot and he is a crazy dude that at the end he is going to give you worst things than good one who is the opposite of a championship player in a lot of things and two washed players like DJ and Carmelo who are also really bad IQ players without defense.

Man even Bazemore who is another guy overrated on defense and offense without shooting and with low IQ. He signed every player bad on defense and without iQ that doesn't know to play team winning basketball even he let go players who are good at this like Caruso. Who did this roster is a moron and probably we all know watching the players that this was going to happen.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,286

Post#56 » by tamaraw08 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:24 am

Ball so hard wrote:

I do NOT want Vogel to be fired but this is what I was saying when some fans here were proclaiming that he is such a great defensive minded coach that losing very good defenders like Caruso, KCP and Kuzma would NOT result to this team being terrible on defense.
Rob was trying to save that final 15th spot for the buy out market but they were terrible on their 6 preseason games so he went ahead and snagged Bradley. Bazemore is good too but what the hell is happening?
20th in DRTG before this game. 29th in points allowed with AD, Howard, Bazemore and Bradley playing.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#57 » by Pythagoras » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:25 am

siFy wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:

Well he is the GM you have a job. Not doing what Lebron says. Then for more reason he need to be fired I mean what he was thinking signing Westbrook when everyone knows that he can't shoot and he is a crazy dude that at the end he is going to give you worst things than good one who is the opposite of a championship player in a lot of things and two washed players like DJ and Carmelo who are also really bad IQ players without defense.

Man even Bazemore who is another guy overrated on defense and offense without shooting and with low IQ. He signed every player bad on defense and without iQ that doesn't know to play team winning basketball even he let go players who are good at this like Caruso. Who did this roster is a moron and probably we all know watching the players that this was going to happen.

C’mon. You know good and well that Lebron pinned Pelinka into a corner with his Westbrook trade demand. I also think the decision to let Caruso walk was just Jeannie cheaping out. Given the circumstances, Pelinka made due the best he could with the hand he was dealt. Now it’s up to the coach and the stars to make it work.
Numbers rule the universe.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#58 » by Kilroy » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:52 am

Dwight with 4pts and 5 fouls in 15min, is the most on-brand stat of the season so far...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#59 » by euphorbus » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:46 am

Ten men suited up last night, but the same problem hit the team: the Lakers need to play a whole lot better in the third quarter. Maybe someone else should give the halftime strategy/pep talk.
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#60 » by TwoStarz » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:53 pm

Those blaming Pelinka are clueless. He built a good squad around Lebron and AD the first go around with solid defenders all over the roster with just enough shooting. That team was solid built and it actually won a title, even if it was a bubble title.

The problem is, a lebron james led team will NEVER EVER have continuity. Which one of his teams after 2010 ever have? He is the kind of meddling with roster changes in an attempt to always have the most talent on his team, disregarding fit or continuity. He pushes all these changes behind the scenes, that has never been a secret IMO. I'm pretty sure Kyrie soured on him after he learned he was tryna trade him for PG and someone. Thats who the guy is, a snake who only looks out for himself first and foremost. He is good at hiding his two face though, i'll give him that.

I said it before, the lakers sold their soul to this clown for 1 ring...and now they will suffer for it for the foreseeable future.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers