ImageImageImageImageImage

How are they going to trade Westbrook?

Moderators: Kilroy, Danny Darko, TyCobb

User avatar
TylersLakers
RealGM
Posts: 10,304
And1: 2,403
Joined: Jan 20, 2006
Location: Winnipeg Canada
     

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#61 » by TylersLakers » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:22 pm

JRoy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I'd do Westbrook for Lillard straight up... Much better fit. Assuming his current slump is just performance art.


That’s about 5 FRP short


:rofl:
Image
Eric Bieniemy
Junior
Posts: 279
And1: 165
Joined: May 11, 2021

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#62 » by Eric Bieniemy » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:45 pm

Last revision:

Westbrook, Tucker, Nunn, and Ellington
for
Horford, Smart, Richardson, and Schroder

PG - James - Rondo - Schroder
SG - Bradley - Monk - Richardson
C - Davis - Howard - Jordan
PF - Horford - Anthony - Ariza
SF - Smart - Reaves - Bazemore
nzahir
Head Coach
Posts: 7,466
And1: 3,255
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#63 » by nzahir » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:33 am

Eric Bieniemy wrote:Last revision:

Westbrook, Tucker, Nunn, and Ellington
for
Horford, Smart, Richardson, and Schroder

PG - James - Rondo - Schroder
SG - Bradley - Monk - Richardson
C - Davis - Howard - Jordan
PF - Horford - Anthony - Ariza
SF - Smart - Reaves - Bazemore

No way is Dennis coming back here

I don't see us moving THT after we let AC go for him and seems like we are super high on him (probably way too high on him)

If we could do a simple move of Russ, DJ, and multiple 2nds for Horford and Richardson, I would be all in

Boston likely doesn't do this as it seems like Horford is more of a winning player than Russ rn lol

Nunn, Bazemore, Bron, AD, Horford
THT, Reaves, Ariza, Melo, Dwight
Rondo, Monk, Ellington, Richardson

While Lebron, THT, Ariza, and Nunn are out it will just mean the last 4 guys get some min
Eric Bieniemy
Junior
Posts: 279
And1: 165
Joined: May 11, 2021

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#64 » by Eric Bieniemy » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:25 am

nzahir wrote:
Eric Bieniemy wrote:Last revision:

Westbrook, Tucker, Nunn, and Ellington
for
Horford, Smart, Richardson, and Schroder

PG - James - Rondo - Schroder
SG - Bradley - Monk - Richardson
C - Davis - Howard - Jordan
PF - Horford - Anthony - Ariza
SF - Smart - Reaves - Bazemore

No way is Dennis coming back here

I don't see us moving THT after we let AC go for him and seems like we are super high on him (probably way too high on him)

If we could do a simple move of Russ, DJ, and multiple 2nds for Horford and Richardson, I would be all in

Boston likely doesn't do this as it seems like Horford is more of a winning player than Russ rn lol

Nunn, Bazemore, Bron, AD, Horford
THT, Reaves, Ariza, Melo, Dwight
Rondo, Monk, Ellington, Richardson

While Lebron, THT, Ariza, and Nunn are out it will just mean the last 4 guys get some min

Just waive Schroder and replace him with Frank Mason. Not a big deal.

If Tucker and Nunn are what it takes to rid Westbrook from the team while still getting back serviceable guys in Horford and Smart, so be it.

Westbrook is an anchor and beggars can't be choosy. Horford, Smart, and Richardson aren't perfect but it's a damn good return for Westbrook, even if you gotta lose out on precious THT.
nzahir
Head Coach
Posts: 7,466
And1: 3,255
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#65 » by nzahir » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:38 am

Eric Bieniemy wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Eric Bieniemy wrote:Last revision:

Westbrook, Tucker, Nunn, and Ellington
for
Horford, Smart, Richardson, and Schroder

PG - James - Rondo - Schroder
SG - Bradley - Monk - Richardson
C - Davis - Howard - Jordan
PF - Horford - Anthony - Ariza
SF - Smart - Reaves - Bazemore

No way is Dennis coming back here

I don't see us moving THT after we let AC go for him and seems like we are super high on him (probably way too high on him)

If we could do a simple move of Russ, DJ, and multiple 2nds for Horford and Richardson, I would be all in

Boston likely doesn't do this as it seems like Horford is more of a winning player than Russ rn lol

Nunn, Bazemore, Bron, AD, Horford
THT, Reaves, Ariza, Melo, Dwight
Rondo, Monk, Ellington, Richardson

While Lebron, THT, Ariza, and Nunn are out it will just mean the last 4 guys get some min

Just waive Schroder and replace him with Frank Mason. Not a big deal.

If Tucker and Nunn are what it takes to rid Westbrook from the team while still getting back serviceable guys in Horford and Smart, so be it.

Westbrook is an anchor and beggars can't be choosy. Horford, Smart, and Richardson aren't perfect but it's a damn good return for Westbrook, even if you gotta lose out on precious THT.

This just isn't realistic

We wont move THT for this type of deal imo

I could see us moving Nunn if we have to, but I really feel like he should be a solid contributor

Good shooter, can score off the dribble, create a bit for himself and others, and an okay defender for the pg position
Landsberger
General Manager
Posts: 8,557
And1: 1,801
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#66 » by Landsberger » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:42 am

Eric Bieniemy wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Yeah...I'll admit I hate the guy (as a player). F him. Worst ball hog in NBA history. Hate that he's a Laker. Irritates me everytime I think about it.


Being a punk with no mental toughness doesn't show up in the boxscore. He's right there with JR Rider as the biggest mistakes the franchise has made.

You're not being objective.

Some people can change.

Both Anthony and Rider took the first step towards winning basketball by agreeing to a reduced role off the bench.

Rider failed. Anthony's book isn't done yet.

Thus far, you must admit, Anthony has helped more than he has hurt.

If you can't concede this fair point, you're entrenched in hatred, bias, and unobjectivity. It is what it is.



So.... a "when did you stop beating your wife" post huh.

He will score and he will contribute here and there. You can't rely on him or Westbrook. We win that game last night in regulation if not for his mental breakdown. The same type he's been having his entire career. That's what he is. It's only bias if one ignores reality.

Look a lot of players have statistical success and a lot play the game with respect for it and the others playing. He's never been the latter. He proved again, last night that he's more important than the game. We won it in OT but let's not forget how we got to OT.
Eric Bieniemy
Junior
Posts: 279
And1: 165
Joined: May 11, 2021

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#67 » by Eric Bieniemy » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:18 am

nzahir wrote:
Eric Bieniemy wrote:
nzahir wrote:No way is Dennis coming back here

I don't see us moving THT after we let AC go for him and seems like we are super high on him (probably way too high on him)

If we could do a simple move of Russ, DJ, and multiple 2nds for Horford and Richardson, I would be all in

Boston likely doesn't do this as it seems like Horford is more of a winning player than Russ rn lol

Nunn, Bazemore, Bron, AD, Horford
THT, Reaves, Ariza, Melo, Dwight
Rondo, Monk, Ellington, Richardson

While Lebron, THT, Ariza, and Nunn are out it will just mean the last 4 guys get some min

Just waive Schroder and replace him with Frank Mason. Not a big deal.

If Tucker and Nunn are what it takes to rid Westbrook from the team while still getting back serviceable guys in Horford and Smart, so be it.

Westbrook is an anchor and beggars can't be choosy. Horford, Smart, and Richardson aren't perfect but it's a damn good return for Westbrook, even if you gotta lose out on precious THT.

This just isn't realistic

We wont move THT for this type of deal imo

I could see us moving Nunn if we have to, but I really feel like he should be a solid contributor

Good shooter, can score off the dribble, create a bit for himself and others, and an okay defender for the pg position

Stop trying to think what would Pelinka do.

Think about what needs to be done.

Thinking like Pelinka, who obviously has some chemistry blindspots, might just leave you with a roster that is out of alignment.

Westbrook doesn't fit. Never has. Never will.
Tucker may blow up somewhere else. He's very talented.

But that's the price you pay when you make roster construction mistakes.
Eric Bieniemy
Junior
Posts: 279
And1: 165
Joined: May 11, 2021

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#68 » by Eric Bieniemy » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:36 am

Landsberger wrote:
Eric Bieniemy wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Being a punk with no mental toughness doesn't show up in the boxscore. He's right there with JR Rider as the biggest mistakes the franchise has made.

You're not being objective.

Some people can change.

Both Anthony and Rider took the first step towards winning basketball by agreeing to a reduced role off the bench.

Rider failed. Anthony's book isn't done yet.

Thus far, you must admit, Anthony has helped more than he has hurt.

If you can't concede this fair point, you're entrenched in hatred, bias, and unobjectivity. It is what it is.



So.... a "when did you stop beating your wife" post huh.

He will score and he will contribute here and there. You can't rely on him or Westbrook. We win that game last night in regulation if not for his mental breakdown. The same type he's been having his entire career. That's what he is. It's only bias if one ignores reality.

Look a lot of players have statistical success and a lot play the game with respect for it and the others playing. He's never been the latter. He proved again, last night that he's more important than the game. We won it in OT but let's not forget how we got to OT.

I don't think you should rely on Anthony either.

At this point, he's a sixth or seventh man, probably the latter.

He's in his proper role, coming off the bench for instant offense, flanked by a good defensive big in Davis and a leader/floor general in James.

He's playing well, better than Kuzma, whose role he's replacing. They don't need his iso and jabsteps. They just need his jumper.

I expect him to settle in at 13 points per game shooting 41% from three.

That's all this team needs, and right now he's exceeding it.
nzahir
Head Coach
Posts: 7,466
And1: 3,255
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#69 » by nzahir » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:36 am

Eric Bieniemy wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Eric Bieniemy wrote:Just waive Schroder and replace him with Frank Mason. Not a big deal.

If Tucker and Nunn are what it takes to rid Westbrook from the team while still getting back serviceable guys in Horford and Smart, so be it.

Westbrook is an anchor and beggars can't be choosy. Horford, Smart, and Richardson aren't perfect but it's a damn good return for Westbrook, even if you gotta lose out on precious THT.

This just isn't realistic

We wont move THT for this type of deal imo

I could see us moving Nunn if we have to, but I really feel like he should be a solid contributor

Good shooter, can score off the dribble, create a bit for himself and others, and an okay defender for the pg position

Stop trying to think what would Pelinka do.

Think about what needs to be done.

Thinking like Pelinka, who obviously has some chemistry blindspots, might just leave you with a roster that is out of alignment.

Westbrook doesn't fit. Never has. Never will.
Tucker may blow up somewhere else. He's very talented.

But that's the price you pay when you make roster construction mistakes.

Do you want to be realistic or not?

I think trading Russ is even not very realistic, but I can see it happening if we are still a mess by the deadline
Eric Bieniemy
Junior
Posts: 279
And1: 165
Joined: May 11, 2021

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#70 » by Eric Bieniemy » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:02 am

nzahir wrote:
Eric Bieniemy wrote:
nzahir wrote:This just isn't realistic

We wont move THT for this type of deal imo

I could see us moving Nunn if we have to, but I really feel like he should be a solid contributor

Good shooter, can score off the dribble, create a bit for himself and others, and an okay defender for the pg position

Stop trying to think what would Pelinka do.

Think about what needs to be done.

Thinking like Pelinka, who obviously has some chemistry blindspots, might just leave you with a roster that is out of alignment.

Westbrook doesn't fit. Never has. Never will.
Tucker may blow up somewhere else. He's very talented.

But that's the price you pay when you make roster construction mistakes.

Do you want to be realistic or not?

I think trading Russ is even not very realistic, but I can see it happening if we are still a mess by the deadline

I want to solve problems with an eye toward real team needs and chemistry.

Never in a million years would I have though to trade for Westbrook to play alongside LeBron James. Pelinka did the unthinkable. Is this the realism you seek?

Why would I limit myself to what Pelinka would do?

It makes sense to use Tucker to banish Westbrook if the returning pieces fit properly.

Horford and Smart are potentially top-shelf role players, so they fit the bill.

That means as much as I like Nunn and Tucker, I'd consider them collateral damage in removing the Westbrook noose from around my neck as I edge closer and closer to the fall.

They simply can't win with Westbrook. I'm sure Pelinka wants to keep Tucker, but because he miscalculated, the cost may have to be your long-armed guard from Chi City.

Them the breaks.
nzahir
Head Coach
Posts: 7,466
And1: 3,255
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#71 » by nzahir » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:04 am

Eric Bieniemy wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Eric Bieniemy wrote:Stop trying to think what would Pelinka do.

Think about what needs to be done.

Thinking like Pelinka, who obviously has some chemistry blindspots, might just leave you with a roster that is out of alignment.

Westbrook doesn't fit. Never has. Never will.
Tucker may blow up somewhere else. He's very talented.

But that's the price you pay when you make roster construction mistakes.

Do you want to be realistic or not?

I think trading Russ is even not very realistic, but I can see it happening if we are still a mess by the deadline

I want to solve problems with an eye toward real team needs and chemistry.

Never in a million years would I have though to trade for Westbrook to play alongside LeBron James. Pelinka did the unthinkable. Is this the realism you seek?

Why would I limit myself to what Pelinka would do?

It makes sense to use Tucker to banish Westbrook if the returning pieces fit properly.

Horford and Smart are potentially top-shelf role players, so they fit the bill.

That means as much as I like Nunn and Tucker, I'd consider them collateral damage in removing the Westbrook noose from around my neck as I edge closer and closer to the fall.

They simply can't win with Westbrook. I'm sure Pelinka wants to keep Tucker, but because he miscalculated, the cost may have to be your long-armed guard from Chi City.

Them the breaks.

Because we aren't the GM lol

I would love to move Russ, but if you go on the Trades and Transactions Thread on the general basketball board you will see nobody wants Russ

I think Minnesota may be a team that makes some sense
Eric Bieniemy
Junior
Posts: 279
And1: 165
Joined: May 11, 2021

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#72 » by Eric Bieniemy » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:20 am

I agree. Minnesota is a potential fit. So is Boston and so is Phila and maybe the Clippers.

They're all reaches, but Boston has the largest chasm for a playmaker/distributor.

They have two shooting studs who aren't facilitators being fed by Marcus Smart who's not a real PG. Schroder is his backup. They need shooting (Nunn and Ellington) and they need a guy who can be aggressive offensively and rack up a ton of assists to Brown and Tatum (Westbrook).

It's the same reason they're said to be chasing Ben Simmons.

We'll see.
User avatar
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,996
And1: 4,840
Joined: Jun 24, 2005
         

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#73 » by Danny Darko » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:04 am

yeesh... someone looking for salary cap is as good as anything.

Simmons sucks... and is still likey as good or better a fit. they both can't shoot, but at least Ben plays D vs multiple positions and doesn't dribble every 4th possession off his foot.
Image
stan francisco
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,326
And1: 1,165
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#74 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:31 pm

FVV is our franchise PG.

Three team trade in the off-season, Rob …

Westbrook’s expiring is very valuable!
2021-2022
PG: RW | Bradley | Rondo
SG: Nunn | Monk | Ellington
SF: THT | Reaves | Bazemore
PF: LBJ | Melo | Ariza
C: AD | DH | Huff | DAJ

On the trading block: RW, Baze, DAJ
Eric Bieniemy
Junior
Posts: 279
And1: 165
Joined: May 11, 2021

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#75 » by Eric Bieniemy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:32 am

Westbrook, Ellington, Bazemore, and Bradley
for
Smart, Richardson, Hernangomez, and Schroder

PG - James - Rondo - Schroder
SG - Nunn - Monk - Richardson
C - Davis - Howard - Jordan
PF - Tucker - Anthony - Hernangomez
SF - Smart - Reaves - Ariza
stan francisco
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,326
And1: 1,165
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#76 » by stan francisco » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:20 pm

Eric Bieniemy wrote:Westbrook, Ellington, Bazemore, and Bradley
for
Smart, Richardson, Hernangomez, and Schroder

PG - James - Rondo - Schroder
SG - Nunn - Monk - Richardson
C - Davis - Howard - Jordan
PF - Tucker - Anthony - Hernangomez
SF - Smart - Reaves - Ariza


I’m sorry but you said the Schr … word. Dang, I was trying to repress that memory, be done with that trauma. It’s like a freshly broken bone was just broken in the same spot again. :lol: I had almost forgot.

My opinion on him coming back is; no thanks, under no circumstances, never ever again. Not even if he got negative pay (paid some of our payroll).

LBJ and AD agree, I think.

Smart would be a good fit. Three team deal needed.
2021-2022
PG: RW | Bradley | Rondo
SG: Nunn | Monk | Ellington
SF: THT | Reaves | Bazemore
PF: LBJ | Melo | Ariza
C: AD | DH | Huff | DAJ

On the trading block: RW, Baze, DAJ
Eric Bieniemy
Junior
Posts: 279
And1: 165
Joined: May 11, 2021

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#77 » by Eric Bieniemy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:55 pm

stan francisco wrote:
Eric Bieniemy wrote:Westbrook, Ellington, Bazemore, and Bradley
for
Smart, Richardson, Hernangomez, and Schroder

PG - James - Rondo - Schroder
SG - Nunn - Monk - Richardson
C - Davis - Howard - Jordan
PF - Tucker - Anthony - Hernangomez
SF - Smart - Reaves - Ariza

Or just waive him. He's an expiring.

His problem was always humility. I think relegating him to third string would solve that issue. With Rondo's injury history, having someone of Schroeder's caliber behind would be a great luxury ... so I would actually keep him unless the main guys insisted.

Last night, with Rondo and LBJ out and Westbrook traded, he would've actually started and been asked to be a secondary or tertiary scorer:

PG - Schroder - (Richardson)
SG - Monk - Richardson
C - Howard - Jordan
PF - Davis - Anthony
SF - Smart - Brown

I’m sorry but you said the Schr … word. Dang, I was trying to repress that memory, be done with that trauma. It’s like a freshly broken bone was just broken in the same spot again. :lol: I had almost forgot.

My opinion on him coming back is; no thanks, under no circumstances, never ever again. Not even if he got negative pay (paid some of our payroll).

LBJ and AD agree, I think.

Smart would be a good fit. Three team deal needed.
danfantastk32
Analyst
Posts: 3,699
And1: 1,355
Joined: Dec 20, 2015
     

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#78 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:15 am

Eric Bieniemy wrote:Westbrook, Ellington, Bazemore, and Bradley
for
Smart, Richardson, Hernangomez, and Schroder

PG - James - Rondo - Schroder
SG - Nunn - Monk - Richardson
C - Davis - Howard - Jordan
PF - Tucker - Anthony - Hernangomez
SF - Smart - Reaves - Ariza



We're not doing blockbuster trades with the Goombas......give me a break.
danfantastk32
Analyst
Posts: 3,699
And1: 1,355
Joined: Dec 20, 2015
     

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#79 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:20 am

Danny Darko wrote:yeesh... someone looking for salary cap is as good as anything.

Simmons sucks... and is still likey as good or better a fit. they both can't shoot, but at least Ben plays D vs multiple positions and doesn't dribble every 4th possession off his foot.


Completely agree. Simmons is giving them nothing. At least there is a slight chance that the Westbrook thing works in Phili. If not, he's gone after next year. We're actually taking on considerably more risk, considering Simmons has like 3 seasons after this. I seriously question Simmons commitment / LOVE of the game. But he does play D, as you said. It's gotta be better than this disaster.
Eric Bieniemy
Junior
Posts: 279
And1: 165
Joined: May 11, 2021

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#80 » by Eric Bieniemy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:41 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
Eric Bieniemy wrote:Westbrook, Ellington, Bazemore, and Bradley
for
Smart, Richardson, Hernangomez, and Schroder

PG - James - Rondo - Schroder
SG - Nunn - Monk - Richardson
C - Davis - Howard - Jordan
PF - Tucker - Anthony - Hernangomez
SF - Smart - Reaves - Ariza



We're not doing blockbuster trades with the Goombas......give me a break.

What other teams do they NOT talk to in order to improve the team?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers