Game 13 : Chicago Bulls (9-4) @ Los Angeles Lakers (8-6) - 10:30 PM

Moderators: Kilroy, Danny Darko, TyCobb

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 10,599

Re: Game 13 : Chicago Bulls (9-4) @ Los Angeles Lakers (8-6) - 10:30 PM 

Post#61 » by Kilroy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:01 am

THT with 37min tonight... Probably about 7min too long.

I think they need him to have some high volume scoring nights to get his trade value up...

As a huge THT fan, if this happens it'll suck big time, because I'm not sure who I'd root for on this team with him gone...

But reality is, this team needs a major trade and THT is about the only asset to build a trade around.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#62 » by Kilroy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:06 am

ROballer wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Think they're gearing up for a trade centering on THT... They are playing the **** out of him, and he has a complete green light to shoot... He's doing OK, but he's had his good moments and his bad and even as much of a THT fan as I am, I'd probably have sat him more...

...or we don't have anyone else and they realize he's the 3rd star we've been looking for, the one Westbrook was supposed to be.

Breakout season on the way, hop onto the hype train before it's too late.

I been drivin this bitch from the git...
That said, I hope you're right... I just don't think playing him 37 min in a game like this achieves that goal... It feels desperate...
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 9,532

Post#63 » by Tracymcgoaty » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:10 am

Eric Bieniemy wrote:Westbrook for Marcus Smart.

YES PLEASE RIGHT NOW!!!!
“Listen man, thank you Kobe for giving me my roses while I’m still here on this earth,” McGrady said. “He was, listen, I came in, I used to stay at this man’s house. I just knew how gifted he was gonna be, And he just brought the best out of me.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 9,532

Post#64 » by Tracymcgoaty » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:11 am

How you guys enjoying the WB experience??

I'd give it a 10/10 if im honest. 10 being an expected **** show.
“Listen man, thank you Kobe for giving me my roses while I’m still here on this earth,” McGrady said. “He was, listen, I came in, I used to stay at this man’s house. I just knew how gifted he was gonna be, And he just brought the best out of me.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 1,734

Post#65 » by ROballer » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:12 am

His salary is still low to get a fair deal in return. And we can't really package it with anyone else since all we have is minimums.

You won't get a better player than him at 10 mil a year. That's a bench player caliber salary. You keep him and don't look back.

He played 37 mins because the other wings plain sucked today. He was a -5 in a rout for Pete's sake, we were demolished in the 10 mins he didn't play.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
nevetslc
Junior
And1: 407

Post#66 » by nevetslc » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:17 am

Read on Twitter
SlimShady83
Head Coach
And1: 825

Post#67 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:23 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
SlimShady83 wrote:I bet you all ...

AD will get 30-10 next game

You all start cheering for him again LOL

He gets paid to do that consistently. I mean what do you want us to do? We're all Laker fans and we want to see this team win. I hate when people make statement like this...

I can't stand people who keep saying trade, this player, trade that player. It Is, what It Is
Anthony Davis: Is the biggest softest big-man to ever play the game
SlimShady83
Head Coach

Post#68 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:26 am

I think THT is a damn good player for his age ...

He just needs a reliable jump shot an no, not talking about the damn 3 ball LOL ....

He should go and speak to Derozen about that killer mid range shot :)
Pythagoras
Veteran
And1: 2,459

Post#69 » by Pythagoras » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:44 am

SlimShady83 wrote:I think THT is a damn good player for his age ...

He just needs a reliable jump shot an no, not talking about the damn 3 ball LOL ....

He should go and speak to Derozen about that killer mid range shot :)

He’s a good player but I’d still inquire about a deal surrounding a Myles Turner for THT near the deadline.
Numbers rule the universe.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#70 » by ROballer » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:11 am

Turner makes twice as much, any trade is illegal.

And Indiana has so many wings they don't know what to do with them.

If he's to be traded, people need to look at teams who might actually really want him to fill a need. Nobody's gonna give a big asset(Turner is a big asset) in return for somebody who they'll struggle to find minutes for.

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#71 » by Kilroy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:42 am

Turner was high on my list over the summer, but now that we have Dwight again and the way he's playing, I'm not sure how much more Turner brings to the equation... Certainly wouldn't seem like enough to justify the added expense...

Now, I'm and **** for this... And would love to see Westbrook traded first... But I'd seriously think about an AD for Ayton swap...
AD is just not the same player he used to be and I may be misreading things, but it doesn't seem like he's having as much fun in LA as he did his first season here. We all had visions of his jersey being hoisted into the rafters at Staples... Not sure I see that now... So why not loo for a kid that might have a better shot at that?
SlimShady83
Head Coach

Post#72 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:09 am

Kilroy wrote: But I'd seriously think about an AD for Ayton swap...
AD is just not the same player he used to be and I may be misreading things, but it doesn't seem like he's having as much fun in LA as he did his first season here.

We would get way more value for him, then what we would for Westbrook... Westbrook trade value at an all time low atm, doubt many teams if any want him ATM so not much point in talking about trading Westbrook unless teams have an interest.

As for AD ... Bron won't have anything to do with him being traded, so not much point in talking about him being traded.

I'm not a fan of AD ... Great talent, but always too soft, falling down,injury etc etc not a fan.
Hans1984
Junior
And1: 167

Post#73 » by Hans1984 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:41 am

Not surprised the Bulls won. Chicago is a way better team than the Lakers will ever be.

The only hope I see for this team is that they stumble into a playoff spot somehow and then hope that the experience of all the veterans gives us an advantage. Right now I don't see us making the playoffs though...
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,801

Post#74 » by Landsberger » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:00 pm

Westbrook is helping us more presently than when LeBron plays.... put that in context.

Melo has suddenly run out of steam as well. Trading Westbrook at this point means you have to give up THT in all likelihood (which I could easily see with the win now mentality). That was a monumental mistake of a trade. Maybe of of the worst I can think of in Laker's history.

I'm sure we're waiting out Chris Paul to get him here to complete the gathering of old POS's on this team during the LeBron era.
tamaraw08
Bench Warmer
And1: 381

Post#75 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:48 pm

Kilroy wrote:Turner was high on my list over the summer, but now that we have Dwight again and the way he's playing, I'm not sure how much more Turner brings to the equation... Certainly wouldn't seem like enough to justify the added expense...

Now, I'm and **** for this... And would love to see Westbrook traded first... But I'd seriously think about an AD for Ayton swap...
AD is just not the same player he used to be and I may be misreading things, but it doesn't seem like he's having as much fun in LA as he did his first season here.
We all had visions of his jersey being hoisted into the rafters at Staples... Not sure I see that now... So why not loo for a kid that might have a better shot at that?

AD came back from that long off season out of shape. The very first season, every veteran sat and didn't play except for Davis so he can get better conditioned. I went to the game last night and noticed how disinterested/slow he was at the start of the game, allowing 2 open 3's and not imposing his will on offense at all. Davis is definitely not 100%, probably not even at 90%. No rim running, no back door cuts that lead to dunks, didn't communicate hard to anchor their defense etc.
I'm betting he is pissed that Lebron decided not to play when there were reports that he's been practicing for the past couple of days now. They played the day before and exerted energy and could have used his leadership, direction and inspiration but Lebron wasn't even involved from the bench.
It was very frustrating to see, but bear in mind this will not be the same AD who will play in the playoffs, the guy who punished the Suns team before he got injured.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#76 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:49 pm

Kilroy wrote:THT with 37min tonight... Probably about 7min too long.

I think they need him to have some high volume scoring nights to get his trade value up...

As a huge THT fan, if this happens it'll suck big time, because I'm not sure who I'd root for on this team with him gone...

But reality is, this team needs a major trade and THT is about the only asset to build a trade around.

What could we realistically get for THT that would move the needle? Westbrook would almost certainly have to be included in any sort of trade.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#77 » by ROballer » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:01 pm

No one is taking Westbrook with or without THT.

He's deadweight, you'd need to convince him to take a year off like Wall because no one wants to play his ass.

Westbrook only has value in the summer when he's an expiring. You can easily buy out an expiring contract, so a team wanting to get rid of a longer deal(Sacto and Hield for example, he's utterly useless there) can trade for Westbrook and then buy him out.

THT is not fetching by his own a better player. He's got an 9.5 mil deal, you can take back in salaries 11-12 at most.

No player on a 11-12 mil deal is giving us more than THT is, that's ridiculous. That's a bench player salary on a non rookie contract deal.

And you can't really bind multiple contracts like we did for the Westbrook trade since only Nunn makes more than the minimum.

Why are we even entertaining this if the kid is able to shoot now? That was the only downfall, he doesn't fit because he can't shoot.
Looks like a decent shooter to me right now. You don't take 7 3's a game if the coach doesn't give the green light. And the coach gives the green light if he saw you making it regularly in practices.

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,538

Post#78 » by Slava » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:37 pm

You can salvage the rotation if Nunn returns and LeBron asks Westbrook nicely to come off the bench.

Davis - Dwight
LeBron - Melo
THT - Reaves
Ellington - Monk
Nunn - Westbrook

is a passable rotation.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#79 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:55 pm

The only issue I have with that lineup is Ellington starting. Man is massive defensive liability, the less we see of him the better. I'd much rather take my chances with Avery who has been pretty mediocre himself.
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 164

Post#80 » by slifersd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:15 pm

Kilroy wrote:Turner was high on my list over the summer, but now that we have Dwight again and the way he's playing, I'm not sure how much more Turner brings to the equation... Certainly wouldn't seem like enough to justify the added expense...

AD is just not the same player he used to be and I may be misreading things, but it doesn't seem like he's having as much fun in LA as he did his first season here. We all had visions of his jersey being hoisted into the rafters at Staples... Not sure I see that now... So why not loo for a kid that might have a better shot at that?

AD, as much as he is a super talented player, is the kind of guy you would want to sell a year too early than a year too late. He has been injury prone since the day he arrived and I doubt that gets better with age. For as talented as he is, he also isn't the kind of guy who can really carry a franchise on his back and lead a championship level team. Selling him early can potentially get you a KG/Pierce type of return, selling him a year too late could mean you have to give up assets to get rid of his contract.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers