ImageImageImageImageImage

Pelinka and Final Decisions

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Re: Pelinka and Final Decisions 

Post#41 » by wco81 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:49 pm

Well in OT of the Sacto game, you had Lebron posting up or trying to create a pull up 3.

That was in almost every possession.

Is there any question if there's a crucial possession, Lebron is going to get the ball and there won't really be any kind of plays run?

It worked against Detroit, didn't work vs. Sacto.

He's not attacking the basket. Maybe he's trying to preserve himself for the long season, avoid injury risk.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#42 » by LAL1947 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:16 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:This exonerates Magic imo. He would have no problem saying NO to Lebron and AD. And he alongside Pelinka constructed the team that won the Chip

No, no... it absolutely does not exonerate Magic. Magic was a buffoon.

Oh, and Rob Pelinka is a saint. Pelinka, Bob Myers and Travis Schlenk are the current Holy Trinity of GMs IMO. If y'all don't like him for how he's tried filling in the blanks... around Lebron + AD + Westbrook on $120m... and with his hands tied by his stars as well as ownership... then please send him over to Dallas and watch him build championship roster after championship roster around Luka. #don'tKnowWhatchuGotTilIt'sGone
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#43 » by Pythagoras » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:32 pm

wco81 wrote:Well in OT of the Sacto game, you had Lebron posting up or trying to create a pull up 3.

That was in almost every possession.

Is there any question if there's a crucial possession, Lebron is going to get the ball and there won't really be any kind of plays run?

It worked against Detroit, didn't work vs. Sacto.

He's not attacking the basket. Maybe he's trying to preserve himself for the long season, avoid injury risk.

This is what I noticed to. Lebron needs to start deferring to Westbrook in those situations. Westbrook can still aggressively get to the rim, and is actually getting a higher percentage of shots insde of 3ft than Lebron this season, with a higher assist percentage.
Numbers rule the universe.
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,489

Post#44 » by JVL » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:09 pm

I don't buy those rumors. No GM of a multi-million dollar sports franchise is gonna leave crucial personnel decisions, especially investments of this scale, to his players. I don't doubt Pelinka consulted Lebron and AD on this and I don't doubt their opnion weighs heavily, but ultimately Pelinka, and his staff, make the calls and only they are responsible for this.

This LeGM storyline is ridiculous. There's no chance any world class professional organization conducts business like this. The Lakers are valued at 4.6 billion dollars, be real.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers