Trade Deadline thread: Nada... Nothing... Zip... WTF

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Trade Deadline thread: Nada... Nothing... Zip... WTF 

Post#1 » by Kilroy » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:35 pm

We generally do something like this every year...

So let me kick it off with the only AD trade I've been able to come up with that makes any kind of sense for all teams... That said, I'm not sure how happy all of them would be with it...

Lakers in/out: Simmons, M.Turner/AD, THT, Monk, Bazemore (but it could be any of the guards at this price range)
Phily in/out: AD, Monk/Simmons, F. Korkmaz
Indy in/out: THT, Korkmaz, Bazemor/Myles Turner

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7496412
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#2 » by TimeisIllmatic » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:49 pm

I feel like Indy would want more and is an AD/Embiid front court a good fit?
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#3 » by TimeisIllmatic » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:48 pm

I think some realistic trade targets for the Lakers are:
Danuel House
Eric Gordon
Garrett Temple
Kenrich Williams
Terrence Ross
Moe Harkless
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#4 » by Kilroy » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:28 pm

TimeisIllmatic wrote:I feel like Indy would want more and is an AD/Embiid front court a good fit?

Indy isn't getting anywhere close to equal value in return for Simmons... And Simmons' value continues to tank ever game he doesn't play... I think they'd be ecstatic to get AD in return... Maybe not to let Kormouz go too, but they might consider it at the deadline.

With how AD is playing right now, I think AD/Embiid could be deadly if they both bought into it...

That said... This is not a trade I'm pushing... It's a thought exercise on are there ANY trades worthwhile for the Lakers... This is the closest and least complex I could come up with...
I'm not that high on Simmons... Myles Turner is a bit over-rated IMO... But if you're going to trade AD, Monk and THT (and if you trade anyone on the Lakers, THT and probably Monk or Nunn, are pretty much certain to be involved), getting back a Simmons and Turner is pretty much the base for that kind of deal to make it worthwhile...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#5 » by Kilroy » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:31 pm

TimeisIllmatic wrote:I think some realistic trade targets for the Lakers are:
Danuel House
Eric Gordon
Garrett Temple
Kenrich Williams
Terrence Ross
Moe Harkless

Those are only realistic if you can work up a trade with specific pieces to get the deal done... Let's make that a requisite of this thread... And make it a little more challenging/fun... If you propose a trade, it has to work in Trade Checker... So post the link.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#6 » by nzahir » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:03 pm

Danuel House
Eric Gordon
Garrett Temple
Kenrich Williams
Terrence Ross
Moe Harkless

How is Eric Gordon realistic? Big contract

Not moving THT for him

Ross would cost Nunn and expirings or THT, pass

I like House, Temple, Williams

Pass on Harkless

Also add:

Justin Holiday and Torrey Craig (meh)

If we are moving THT and Portland is blowing it up, I would love RoCo or even Norman Powell
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#7 » by BEazy » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:40 pm

Rob Better be on the phone right now and offer THT to the Rockets for Christian Wood. Wood is EXACTLY the type of player we need right now.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#8 » by Pythagoras » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:46 pm

nzahir wrote:
Danuel House
Eric Gordon
Garrett Temple
Kenrich Williams
Terrence Ross
Moe Harkless

Not moving THT for him

Pass on Harkless

Also add:

If we are moving THT and Portland is blowing it up, I would love RoCo or even Norman Powell

RoCo is living off his name at this point. Not overly interested in him.
Numbers rule the universe.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#9 » by Kilroy » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:24 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Rob Better be on the phone right now and offer THT to the Rockets for Christian Wood. Wood is EXACTLY the type of player we need right now.

THT wouldn't be enough either financially or to convince the rockets to do it... It'd probably take Monk also... Or Nunn maybe... I still don't see it happening, and I'm not sure I want to part with both THT and Monk for Wood playing next to AD.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,289

Post#10 » by TheHartBreakKid » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:31 am

I believe that the big three are almost close to untradable. We are simply not trading Lebron or AD unless one of them wants out and they are ok with the situation. I don't see that happening. Westbrook has less influence in the organization, but he is also a way less attractive piece for other teams and I don't believe there will be anything available for him that makes trading him likely. No "win now" team will give up valuable "win now" pieces for him. No rebuilding/looking to take the next step will give us anything valuable for him that would improve us. I just don't see it happening.

So that leaves us with very, very limited trade options. We have to match salary to make any trade work, and we basically only have two tradable guys getting paid over the minimum, Nunn, and THT. I believe the rules will allow us to trade both these guys and receive up to 19m(ish) back.

There are very few players in that salary range that could be had in a trade who would also improve our team. We also value THT highly and we don't want to give him up for just any veteran.

Here are some guys in that salary range:

Domantas Sabonis, PF
Fred VanVleet, SG
Zach LaVine, SG
Goran Dragic, PG
Bojan Bogdanovic, SF
Lonzo Ball, PG
Clint Capela, C
Eric Gordon, SG
Eric Bledsoe, SG
Myles Turner, C
Bogdan Bogdanovic, SG
Terry Rozier, SG
Ricky Rubio, PG
Caris LeVert, SG
Jonathan Isaac, PF
Joe Harris, SF
Spencer Dinwiddie, PG
Steven Adams, C
Evan Fournier, SG
Markelle Fultz, PG
Aaron Gordon, PF
OG Anunoby, SF
Gary Trent Jr., SG
Davis Bertans, SF
Lauri Markkanen, PF
Duncan Robinson, SG
Marcus Morris Sr., SF
Will Barton, SF
Norman Powell, SF
Dejounte Murray, PG
Derrick White, PG
Malik Beasley, SG
Marcus Smart, PG
Patrick Beverley, PG
Thaddeus Young, PF
Jonas Valanciunas, C
Doug McDermott, SF
Christian Wood, C
Derrick Rose, PG
Luke Kennard, SG
Brook Lopez, C
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, SG
Joe Ingles, SG
Kyle Kuzma, SF

Players like Van Fleet, D.Murray, Lavine, and Sabonis won't be available for a potential THT/Nunn package. Not even close.
From the possibly available guys there are only a few where it might be worth trading THT for. Guys like Lavert, OG, Capella, Lonzo, and Powell might lead to the team improving in the short term but I either don't see them being available for a THT package or I don't believe they are worth trading THT for in terms of value. IMO the only 2 who I would consider trading him for who might realistically be available would be Wood or Turner.

I don't believe Wood is as good of a fit as Turner.

I would hate to see THT go for a nonstar like Turner, but I do believe he has the right combination of upside & immediate impact to consider it, even if my gut tells me that THT will end up being a borderline allstar.

Of course, the issue with Turner (and Wood) is that we are at our best when AD plays the 5, and we saw how unplayable Harrell was in a potential small ball lineup. The difference with Turner though is that he does the 2 things Harrell can't do; He space the floor and protect the rim. While the AD small ball lineup is ideal, we are also seeing that this team doesn't have close to the same defensive capability in the perimeter as the 2020 team did. We don't have Caruso, KCP, or Kuz, and Lebron can't be counted on defensively the same way as 2020.

We also don't have the means to get the perimeter defensive pieces we need for a small ball AD at the 5 lineup to work. What we could do is make up for it with length, without sacrificing our offensive spacing, which is what Turner could do reasonably well.

It would be a risky move, but if THT/Nunn/minimal picks could get it done, I think I would really consider Turner. You sign Ellis at that point to replace THT on the wings, and waive Bazemore or DJ if a capable backup PG is available in the buyout market.

Other than that, I can't really see game-changing trade happening in this deadline, and we will probably roll with our current roster minus a buy out acquisition or two.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,289

Post#11 » by TheHartBreakKid » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:33 am

nzahir wrote:
Danuel House
Eric Gordon
Garrett Temple
Kenrich Williams
Terrence Ross
Moe Harkless

Not moving THT for him

Pass on Harkless

Also add:

Yeah Gordon/Ross would only make sense if they are bought out. We have no way of matching the salary for them unless we give up THT and that would make no sense. The other guys could possibly be had for some of our minimum guys and second round picks, but
they won't thread the needle imo.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,751

Post#12 » by ROballer » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:12 am

Westbrook for Irving.

Kyrie won't get vaccinated in his lifetime and NY ain't changing their requirements laws to participate in indoor events anytime soon if ever during this pandemic.

As is anyone else. They will probably follow NY's path. I truly believe this is the last year season in which Kyrie will be able to play basketball as per the COVID vaccination rules. So anyone who wants to trade for him must know that this is a one year thing most likely.

With the threat of him retiring if traded and his general antics, no team will offer anything close of value for him.

The Nets will take Westbrook because he has a shorter contract to manage and he can reunite the OKC tri-fecta. Durant and Harden will probably ok this move as well. Better to have something than the nothing Irving gets them.

Also Irving will probably be on board with a move to the Lakers.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
zuju
Senior
And1: 120

Post#13 » by zuju » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:04 am

Nunn and Bazemore / Ellington / AB for Mo Bamba of the Magic

Bamba is now playing the heaviest minutes since he entered NBA. What should be kept in mind is that when Issac returns from injury, Bamba's minutes may significantly drop. He is not in front of Wendell Carter Jr. in the priority list. This may open the window for a Bamba trade.

Problem is whether a Nunn is what Magic wants. they have Anthony as the rising star and Fultz waiting to return. They also have Gary Harris and Ross in the fold. They have more than adequate guards for deployment when Fultz returns.

By the way, I wouldn't mind bringing Moz Wagner back as the back up center / forward. Should not be any worse than DJ.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#14 » by Pythagoras » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:29 pm

zuju wrote:Nunn and Bazemore / Ellington / AB for Mo Bamba of the Magic

Bamba is now playing the heaviest minutes since he entered NBA. What should be kept in mind is that when Issac returns from injury, Bamba's minutes may significantly drop. He is not in front of Wendell Carter Jr. in the priority list. This may open the window for a Bamba trade.

Problem is whether a Nunn is what Magic wants. they have Anthony as the rising star and Fultz waiting to return. They also have Gary Harris and Ross in the fold. They have more than adequate guards for deployment when Fultz returns.

By the way, I wouldn't mind bringing Moz Wagner back as the back up center / forward. Should not be any worse than DJ.

I really like Mo Bamba as an idea. Magic may not even be planning to keep him so perhaps just a couple of the vet min guys + a couple of 2nds would get it done.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#15 » by ROballer » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:36 pm

Lol, you're not getting a 2.2 bpg guy who is also a stretch 5 for two minimum guys and a couple of seconds. Is this real life?

Ship has sailed on Bamba. Should've sent an offer last year when his value was at an all time low.
They traded Vuc and Gordon and blew it up, gave the kid some minutes and the rest is history. Good for him as he took care of business and started producing, not of all guys do it when they finally get their shot.

Yes, Isaac's return will probably hurt him a bit. Yes, maybe the Magic don't even want to keep him, but they'll get way more than we can offer if they put him on the block.
Or maybe not. Maybe they play all 3 in the starting lineup like the Cavs do it. Isaac is well more equipped to play SF than Markkanen will ever be.

He's a restricted FA in the summer and he's going to be paid crazy money by someone.

Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#16 » by Pythagoras » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:45 pm

ROballer wrote:Lol, you're not getting a 2.2 bpg guy who is also a stretch 5 for two minimum guys and a couple of seconds. Is this real life?

Ship has sailed on Bamba. Should've sent an offer last year when his value was an all time low.
They traded Vuc and Gordon and blew it out, gave the kid some minutes and the rest is history. Good for him as he took care of business and started producing, not of all guys do it when they finally get their shot.

Yes, Isaac's return will probably hurt him a bit. Yes, maybe the Magic don't even want to keep him, but they'll get way more than we can offer if they put him on the block.

He's a restricted FA in the summer and he's going to be paid crazy money by someone.

No one is giving Mo Bamba “crazy money” this offseason, and he’s certainly not going to fetch a significant offer in a trade, stop it. Why don’t you name a single team that will offer a 1st round pick or significant prospect for Bamba? If the Magic had anything resembling a strong trade proposal for Bamba, he’d be traded already.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#17 » by ROballer » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:22 pm

Why would I spin my head thinking of trades for other teams or for your amusement, just to prove you're full of **** for suggesting what you suggested?

You have a long track of idiotic trade proposals with no basement of reality. We're not getting premium guys for trash just because we're the Lakers and you're acting like we should be entitled to get away with thievery.

Why don't you go to the the Trades proposals thread or the Magic board and offer them two minimum guys and a couple of 2nd round picks, let's see how they react. You'd be ridiculed like no other.

That's why Lakers fans have a bad reputation and get picked on by other fanbases, precisely because of guys like you.

Centers who can make 3's AND rim protect are at a premium in today's league. And he also rebounds well.

Daniel Gafford who can't shoot a lick, can't rebound and is a WORSE rim protector than Bamba got paid 40 mil dollars this summer.
Jaren Jackson who can shoot but can't rebound at all and is a worse rim protector got paid 105 mil.
Even Brook Lopez who is well past 30 got paid 52 mil for his stretch 5 abilities and rim protection.
Myles Turner is an 80 mil man and he's on par if not worse than Bamba is right now.
Robert Williams is paid 54 mil.
Capela has 80 mil remaining on his contract.
Jarrett Allen is an 100 mil man.

And I can go on and on. Literally every top 10 rim protector in the league is getting paid heavy money. And those who can shoot the 3 on top and are young enough are getting 70+mil. It's a fact, not a presumption.
You're getting 40-50 mil easy just to block shots. You're getting 20 more if you can stretch the floor.

And yet here you are, saying he won't get paid just cause you feel like it. Check the market and the reality of things first and then come back with a reasonable response.

Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#18 » by Pythagoras » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:39 pm

ROballer wrote:Why would I spin my head thinking of trades for other teams or for your amusement, just to prove you're full of **** for suggesting what you suggested?

You have a long track of idiotic trade proposals with no basement of reality. We're not getting premium guys for trash just because we're the Lakers and you're acting like we should be entitled to get away with thievery.

Why don't you go to the the Trades proposals thread or the Magic board and offer them two minimum guys and a couple of 2nd round picks, let's see how they react. You'd be ridiculed like no other.

That's why Lakers fans have a bad reputation and get picked on by other fanbases, precisely because of guys like you.

Centers who can make 3's AND rim protect are at a premium in today's league. And he also rebounds well.

Daniel Gafford who can't shoot a lick, can't rebound and is a WORSE rim protector than Bamba got paid 40 mil dollars this summer.
Jaren Jackson who can shoot but can't rebound at all and is a worse rim protector got paid 105 mil.
Even Brook Lopez who is well past 30 got paid 52 mil for his stretch 5 abilities and rim protection.
Myles Turner is an 80 mil man and he's on par if not worse than Bamba is right now.
Robert Williams is paid 54 mil.
Capela has 80 mil remaining on his contract.
Jarrett Allen is an 100 mil man.

And I can go on and on. Literally every top 10 rim protector in the league is getting paid heavy money. And those who can shoot the 3 on top and are young enough are getting 70+mil. It's a fact, not a presumption.
You're getting 40-50 mil easy just to block shots. You're getting 20 more if you can stretch the floor.

And yet here you are, saying he won't get paid just cause you feel like it. Check the market and the reality of things first and then come back with a reasonable response.

Lol,

Me: Maybe we can get Mo Bamba for a couple of 2nds

You: That’s ridiculous! Mo Bamba is way more valuable than that!

Me: Name even one team that will make a significant offer

You: I’m not dancing for your amusement! This is why the trade board hates Lakers fans!!!!

Thank you for the incredible intellectual stimulation in this exchange.

The best part was when you listed a bunch of players who were better than Bamba as examples of why he’ll get a huge contract. He’ll get a contract of like 8-12 mill for 3 or 4 years this offseason. That’s not huge at all :roll:
ROballer
General Manager

Post#19 » by ROballer » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:55 pm

You know what's the best part? Is you running to a mod and reporting me. While the mod reading your takes suggested me to stop answering to you because you're simply not worth it and baiting.

Imagine what a terrible take and post you just had if someone sees it as baiting?

Mo Bamba is gonna get less money than Nerlens Noel and less than his rookie scale contract.
Got it chief. I think I'm gonna be listening to the mod now. Have a good day.

I'm still waiting for you to post your wonderful opinions on the Magic board or the Trades and transactions thread. Thank you.

Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#20 » by Pythagoras » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:11 pm

ROballer wrote:You know what's the best part? Is you running to a mod and reporting me. While the mod reading your takes suggested me to stop answering to you because you're simply not worth it and baiting.

Imagine what a terrible take and post you just had if someone sees it as baiting?

Mo Bamba is gonna get less money than Nerlens Noel and less than his rookie scale contract.
Got it chief. I think I'm gonna be listening to the mod now. Have a good day.

I'm still waiting for you to post your wonderful opinions on the Magic board or the Trades and transactions thread. Thank you.

Dude, I didn’t run to a mod and report you. Wtf? Lol. I’m a big boy. I don’t go running to the mods when I get into a debate with someone on this site.

Your weird need for validation on the trade board is irrelevant to me. I’d rather see what Mamba actually gets traded for, and what deal he actually gets in the offseason.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers