Trade Deadline thread: Nada... Nothing... Zip... WTF

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#401 » by TylersLakers » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:03 am

zimpy27 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:John Hollinger mentioned that the Lakers trading Nunn, THT and a lightly protected 2027 pick for Eric Gordon is an "obvious answer."

I would make that trade in a heartbeat. Gordon is a far superior defender, far superior shooter, better playmaker, etc. I'd even throw in a couple extra 2nd round picks if they throw in Jae'Sean Tate.

Russ, Gordon, Stanley, LeBron, Davis

with Monk, Tate, Melo, Ariza off the bench.

That would be awful.

No one in the league is a worse pairing for Westbrook than Eric Gordon.

So don’t play Westbrook. If this team is going to go far in the playoffs - it won’t be with Russ on the court.

Make that deal. Trade Bazemore and a couple seconds for Kenrich Williams. Maybe you get Thad Young or Gary Harris on a buyout. Rely on Westbrook as little as you can. If you have to - send him home if he doesn’t have a good attitude towards a reduced role.

Gordon/Williams/Stanley/LeBron/AD

With Monk, Reaves, Melo, Thad off the bench. And if Russ has a good attitude and commits to playing hard defensively, I’d love to plug him in.

We can’t be making decisions at this point about who fits best to Russell Westbrook. F*** that guy.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,016

Post#402 » by zimpy27 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:08 am

TylersLakers wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:John Hollinger mentioned that the Lakers trading Nunn, THT and a lightly protected 2027 pick for Eric Gordon is an "obvious answer."

I would make that trade in a heartbeat. Gordon is a far superior defender, far superior shooter, better playmaker, etc. I'd even throw in a couple extra 2nd round picks if they throw in Jae'Sean Tate.

Russ, Gordon, Stanley, LeBron, Davis

with Monk, Tate, Melo, Ariza off the bench.

That would be awful.

So don’t play Westbrook. If this team is going to go far in the playoffs - it won’t be with Russ on the court.

Make that deal. Trade Bazemore and a couple seconds for Kenrich Williams. Maybe you get Thad Young or Gary Harris on a buyout. Rely on Westbrook as little as you can. If you have to - send him home if he doesn’t have a good attitude towards a reduced role.

With Monk, Reaves, Melo, Thad off the bench. And if Russ has a good attitude and commits to playing hard defensively, I’d love to plug him in.

We can’t be making decisions at this point about who fits best to Russell Westbrook. F*** that guy.

The team isn't going far in playoffs with Gordon either. He's not better than Russ, he's putting up some numbers on a bad team.

Worst thing Lakers could do is throw away future assets for a lost season. Stay the course and trade Westbrook as an expiring in offseason or by the trade deadline next season
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#403 » by TylersLakers » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:24 am

I just watched Westbrook’s post game.

Yeah.. f**k that guy. I would trade him for anything. Fournier, Burks, Noel, Randle, whatever combination of that.

If there’s no deals out there for him, send him home for the remainder of the season. He can be with his family full time.
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#404 » by TylersLakers » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:27 am

zimpy27 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
That would be awful.

The team isn't going far in playoffs with Gordon either. He's not better than Russ, he's putting up some numbers on a bad team.

Worst thing Lakers could do is throw away future assets for a lost season. Stay the course and trade Westbrook as an expiring in offseason or by the trade deadline next season

Completely disagree. He’s played and closed games deep in the playoffs. He’s a playoff rotation guy and he can be a productive player during winning time in the fourth quarter. At this point, Westbrook isn’t that.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#405 » by zimpy27 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:37 am

TylersLakers wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:

Completely disagree. He’s played and closed games deep in the playoffs. He’s a playoff rotation guy and he can be a productive player during winning time in the fourth quarter. At this point, Westbrook isn’t that.

Westbrook has also done what Gordon has. Both are not good players at this point.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 317

Post#406 » by Hans1984 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:59 pm

Noones gonna take Westbrook. Not even for free. He needs to be taken out of the rotation. We are better off without him.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,291

Post#407 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 4:16 pm

TylersLakers wrote:I just watched Westbrook’s post game.

Yeah.. f**k that guy. I would trade him for anything. Fournier, Burks, Noel, Randle, whatever combination of that.

If there’s no deals out there for him, send him home for the remainder of the season. He can be with his family full time.

Knicks are frustrated with Randle but not to a point of acquiring Westbrook just to get rid of him.
I think the only team that might be "willing to take Westbrook is Houston but they will want something else like a future second round pick? for John Wall. I don't like John but this Westbrook, AD, James has PROVEN that it hasn't worked and will NOT work.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,791

Post#408 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Feb 9, 2022 4:34 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:

Knicks are frustrated with Randle but not to a point of acquiring Westbrook just to get rid of him.
I think the only team that might be "willing to take Westbrook is Houston but they will want something else like a future second round pick? for John Wall. I don't like John but this Westbrook, AD, James has PROVEN that it hasn't worked and will NOT work.

Rockets already said they're willing to trade Wall for Russ but Lakers will need to include their 2027 first round pick. If we're gonna go down that route the most plausible trade is Russ, THT, 2027 first round pick for Wall and Gordon.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#409 » by loveshaq786 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:25 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

Rockets already said they're willing to trade Wall for Russ but Lakers will need to include their 2027 first round pick. If we're gonna go down that route the most plausible trade is Russ, THT, 2027 first round pick for Wall and Gordon.

Baze, westy, THT, DeAndre, FRP.... wall, wood, Gordon/house
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,791

Post#410 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:31 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

1. Salaries don't work.
2. Even if they did, not a chance in hell that offer lands us Wood.
3. House is on the Jazz.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#411 » by Kilroy » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:27 pm

Reminder fam... For any new actual trade that happens, please create a new thread so we can discuss it properly... Don't drop it in here because it's easier.
As we're almost upon the deadline, I'm tempted to lock this up, so that won't be a temptation and the mods won't have to move them...
-Kilroy
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#412 » by loveshaq786 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:39 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

1. Salaries don't work.
3. House is on the Jazz.

AD fits much better than the package Philly is giving up for Brooklyn. Anthony Davis with Kevin Durant and Kyrie is super dangerous, and it gives them exactly what they are lacking.... WE NEED TO JUMP IN ON THIS TRADE TALKS WITH PHILLY AND BROOKLYN!!!

Houston gets Westbrook, baze, DeAndre THT, FRP
BK gets AD
PHILLY gets harden and wall
LAKERS get Simmons, Seth, mytisse, tobias, wood
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,291

Post#413 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:42 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

1. Salaries don't work.
3. House is on the Jazz.

It's nice to dream... and hope but Lakers are trying to dump an expensive player who is really struggling and we want a 26 yr old center who can shoot, giving his team 18 pts and 10.3 rebs at just 13.6 mil/year? :o Unless Rob and James have that Jedi Mind Trick up their sleaves.
Right now, it's the case of trading a bad player with a bad contract for another and hoping a change of scenery would help these players find their rhythm and niche.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,405

Post#414 » by Ray Williams » Wed Feb 9, 2022 7:45 pm

As a Knick fan I would love to send Randle Fournier and Burks for Westbrook.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#415 » by zimpy27 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 9:17 pm

Just realised that if Russ was expiring this season then Portland would've given Powell, Covington, CJ for an FRP
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#416 » by TylersLakers » Wed Feb 9, 2022 11:39 pm

Ray Williams wrote:

As a Knick fan I would love to send Randle Fournier and Burks for Westbrook.

From our lips and the trade machine to the basketball god's ears, my friend.
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#417 » by TylersLakers » Wed Feb 9, 2022 11:44 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

The trade with Houston I see making sense is:

Wall, Gordon to LA
Westbrook, THT, DJ, Bazemore, 2027 Top 10 protected 1st to Houston. If it does not convey - it becomes x2 2nd round picks.

It would also leave Nunn on the team for other deals. Ex- Nunn, Ellington, cash and x2 2nd round picks to OKC for Muscala and Williams.

Starting 5: Gordon/Williams/Stanley/LeBron/Davis
Bench: Monk, Wall, Melo, Reaves, Muscala

Plus we'd have two buyout spots available
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#418 » by BEazy » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:13 am

I think we’re getting John Wall. Just a gut feeling…

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#419 » by Kilroy » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:25 am

BEazy wrote:I think we’re getting John Wall. Just a gut feeling…

Your gut really goes on a limb doesn't it... :D

Wouldn't it be interesting if Dame decided he was ready for a trade and would only re-sign in LA...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#420 » by zimpy27 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:32 am

BEazy wrote:I think we’re getting John Wall. Just a gut feeling…

Westbrook for Wall straight swap. Rockets think they can get a buyout for Russ.

That's the only way I see it happening, maybe Lakers give an SRP.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers