ImageImageImageImageImage

Gamethread GAME 54... Lakers vs Knicks Today 8:30pm ET ...

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Re: Gamethread GAME 54... Lakers vs Knicks Today 8:30pm ET ... 

Post#61 » by slifersd » Sun Feb 6, 2022 4:43 am

Kilroy wrote:So we figured out that AD and LeBron play better with THT out there instead of Westbrook...
I wonder if Westbrook has figured that out yet... And I wonder if that's what they meant by "Westbrook needs to figure it out."

That he's a 6th man?

Also, if the Knicks were dumb enough to trade us Randle in Westbrook trade, we should not hesitate at all...

Westbrook isn't smart enough to figure out anything. He is truly mentally incapable to figure out how to adjust his game to fit into a system.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#62 » by Pythagoras » Sun Feb 6, 2022 5:04 am

euphorbus wrote:Davis 28 (double-double), James 29 (triple-double), Monk 29. Ariza played well once again, and hit some clutch shots. Westbrook sat out the entire overtime for Horton-Tucker, thank goodness.

I can’t believe it’s taken Vogel as long as it has to figure out Monk should be starting over Bradley. Meanwhile nothing to really say about Russ. Dude was awful tonight. Really missing Nunn right about now.
Numbers rule the universe.
Lakernut4ever
Junior
And1: 92

Post#63 » by Lakernut4ever » Sun Feb 6, 2022 5:12 am

Pythagoras wrote:
euphorbus wrote:Davis 28 (double-double), James 29 (triple-double), Monk 29. Ariza played well once again, and hit some clutch shots. Westbrook sat out the entire overtime for Horton-Tucker, thank goodness.

I can’t believe it’s taken Vogel as long as it has to figure out Monk should be starting over Bradley. Meanwhile nothing to really say about Russ. Dude was awful tonight. Really missing Nunn right about now.

Monk was actually the 3rd star we looking for? Needs to ship out Westbroke to sign him next year.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#64 » by Mamba Mentality » Sun Feb 6, 2022 6:05 am

Westbrick getting benched in OT and booed by his hometown crowd was my favorite moment this season.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 316

Post#65 » by Hans1984 » Sun Feb 6, 2022 11:03 am

Yay we beat the god-awful Knicks in OT. Will we win it all now ? :o
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#66 » by bb22 » Sun Feb 6, 2022 2:30 pm

slifersd wrote:
Kilroy wrote:So we figured out that AD and LeBron play better with THT out there instead of Westbrook...
I wonder if Westbrook has figured that out yet... And I wonder if that's what they meant by "Westbrook needs to figure it out."

That he's a 6th man?

Also, if the Knicks were dumb enough to trade us Randle in Westbrook trade, we should not hesitate at all...

Westbrook isn't smart enough to figure out anything. He is truly mentally incapable to figure out how to adjust his game to fit into a system.

He did it in the olympics, but that was when he was one of the most athletic athletes in the world.
It’s amazing how Lebron has adapted his game, given how dependent he was on his athleticism. Westbrook, on the other hand, has expired.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,282

Post#67 » by tamaraw08 » Sun Feb 6, 2022 3:27 pm

euphorbus wrote:Another late collapse...but the Lakers are killers in overtime.

Lakers are killers... of their own fans like me who has a heart ailment :banghead:
Im in Hawaii, went to the beach, snorkeled , saw a waterfall, ate good food and foolishly decided to watch the final minute of the game. Led by 5, missed 3. FTs, 2 long jumpers while allowing 2 open 3’s.
Wife saw how distraught I was that she dragged me out to watch the sunset by the beach. Saw 2 whales but still wondered what happened to my beloved Lakers.
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#68 » by euphorbus » Sun Feb 6, 2022 8:30 pm

It was exciting, I can tell you that! Here on the East Coast, these overtime games last long past midnight.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers