ImageImageImageImageImage

Nail In The Coffin: AD Out Minimum 4 Weeks

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

EggIsCooling
Sophomore
And1: 56

Re: Nail In The Coffin: AD Out Minimum 4 Weeks 

Post#41 » by EggIsCooling » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:15 am

AD signing the max extension was the smartest move of his career! At this point in his career he is who he is. He’s always been a finesse player and at the rate of DNPs, his career will be shorten if he is to continue playing center. Lakers need a bonafide stud of a coach with a system on offense that take advantage of AD’s strengths, and that is ball movement, screens, and pick n roll schemes. Just picture AD on a Golden State team, that would be scary.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#42 » by Ball so hard » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:44 am

Why do people keep suggesting that AD should only play the 4 and not the 5? Implying that playing the 5 contributed to his injuries. Almost none of AD’s many injured had anything to do with “banging” against large bodies. The man has been injury prone well before he played significant minutes at center.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#43 » by Ball so hard » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:56 am

Kilroy wrote:The way I read all the LeBron/Pelinka shots being taken, stuff is, Pelinka putting LeBron/Klutch on notice that they're no longer in the Personnel driving seat... They had 2 years after Rob helped get AD here to build a legit roster around them, and they failed... And based on everything we read at the time, LeBron and AD green-lit pretty much every decision along the way the last 2 season, at the very least... It seems logical that they did more than that...

So now LeBron and AD basically ordered Rob to get Westbrook and in the process buried the franchise... Westbrook was obviously going to be virtually untradeable this season, and we gave away or let go of all our other assets in the process of getting him.

So on top of AD and LeBron killing our franchise with the Westbrook mandate, neither one of them can stay healthy playing both end basketball...

Rob and the Lakers deserve some blame for this... But mainly that blame revolves around smiling and bending over for Lebron's crew in the first place... LeBron and AD deserve like 95% of the blame for this season...

So if LeBron's unhappy, he should look in the mirror... And if he thinks the Lakers are the problem he can take his Shaq freethrow shooting, $40M ass somewhere else...

Rams, Lakers, Dodgers parade... Pfft... Parade your butt out, LeBron...

I’ve said it before… what good is damn yes-man. I do not cut Rob any slack. You know you’ll be the fall guy if things go south. Do things on your own volition… at least if things go south you can sleep better at night. What exactly do you stand for if you simply go along with Lebron and Klutch. Rob gets as much, if not more of the blame as Lebron in my book.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,973

Post#44 » by Landsberger » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:26 am

Ball so hard wrote:
Kilroy wrote:The way I read all the LeBron/Pelinka shots being taken, stuff is, Pelinka putting LeBron/Klutch on notice that they're no longer in the Personnel driving seat... They had 2 years after Rob helped get AD here to build a legit roster around them, and they failed... And based on everything we read at the time, LeBron and AD green-lit pretty much every decision along the way the last 2 season, at the very least... It seems logical that they did more than that...

So now LeBron and AD basically ordered Rob to get Westbrook and in the process buried the franchise... Westbrook was obviously going to be virtually untradeable this season, and we gave away or let go of all our other assets in the process of getting him.

So on top of AD and LeBron killing our franchise with the Westbrook mandate, neither one of them can stay healthy playing both end basketball...

Rob and the Lakers deserve some blame for this... But mainly that blame revolves around smiling and bending over for Lebron's crew in the first place... LeBron and AD deserve like 95% of the blame for this season...

So if LeBron's unhappy, he should look in the mirror... And if he thinks the Lakers are the problem he can take his Shaq freethrow shooting, $40M ass somewhere else...

Rams, Lakers, Dodgers parade... Pfft... Parade your butt out, LeBron...

I’ve said it before… what good is damn yes-man. I do not cut Rob any slack. You know you’ll be the fall guy if things go south. Do things on your own volition… at least if things go south you can sleep better at night. What exactly do you stand for if you simply go along with Lebron and Klutch. Rob gets as much, if not more of the blame as Lebron in my book.

Bron come with baggage.... everyone knew this coming in.... if you're blaming anyone it's ownership. Anyone in leadership would be in a similar spot. Bron really hasn't changed mentally from the boy wonder in High school that got his way because of his talent. All the hangers on and the media have just reinforced it.

One of the most talented players to have ever played without a doubt but full package doesn't do the talent justice.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,557

Post#45 » by stan francisco » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:36 pm

I would love to see a rebuild from drafted players who are allowed to stick around. A four or five year plan is okay with me, as long as they get guys who can play like a real team. Tired of superstar stand-still bouncy ball.

I’d like to see the next generation players like Lonzo, Caruso, Hart, Kuzma, Ingram, Randle, T Bryant, S Johnson, Reaves. Unselfish team players and a couple of killer scorers. To me, that would be preferred over stars who are overpaid. Pelinka is good at drafting. He’s in fact a total badass at it. I know that AD is a glassman, but let’s get him a big center to play off (like Adams) and I’d be happy to build around AD as a four. Just his help defense alone is worth the price.

Find a young star PG to go with AD. Fill in with Rob’s drafting. Gianna would’ve wanted Trey Young.

1) Trade Russell’s expiring ($47M). Via a three team deal it could land us an adequate top tier PG and a ton of picks.
2) Trade LeBron for a big chunk of Cleveland’s youth. He should end his career there since that’s what he said he might want to do (which means he does).
3) Draft like the talent evaluation genius you’ve proven to be.

Do it, Rob!

EDIT: And right after posting that, I see Woj on ESPN reporting that Lakers ownership and Rich Paul had kissed and made up this week, that LeBron is now a committed Laker until he retires. We’ll see. I guess that means we’re somehow drafting Bronny.

Brass balls, Jeannie. Like dad used to give players and others a friendly reminder who owns the pace. Rich Paul and LBJ fell right back in line.

Rob has a redemption opportunity here. You were hired to be the GM. Right now is the perfect time to reclaim your turf, get unwanted influencers off your desk.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers