ImageImageImageImageImage

Westbrook Trades - Dream a Sweet Dream

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Lakers24gm
Junior
And1: 118

Re: Westbrook Trades - Dream a Sweet Dream 

Post#61 » by Lakers24gm » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:35 pm

Still think Charlotte is the place for him. Although Hayward has a pretty significant injury history i still think lakers shoould look at him. I dont know what else charlotte would give up but if you can get Hayward and Rozier for Russ and a 1st i think you have to pull the trigger if your the lakers. Rozier, Monk/Reaves, Hayward, Bron and Ad starting line up isnt too bad and gives us shooting finally. You could have 3 players shooting over 37% in your starting line up and still have Stanley, Gabreil of the bench for added wing depth. From Charlottes point of view they get out of Hayward and Roziers contracts to resign Bridges who seems like is getting the max.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#62 » by zimpy27 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:27 pm

Lakers24gm wrote:Still think Charlotte is the place for him. Although Hayward has a pretty significant injury history i still think lakers shoould look at him. I dont know what else charlotte would give up but if you can get Hayward and Rozier for Russ and a 1st i think you have to pull the trigger if your the lakers. Rozier, Monk/Reaves, Hayward, Bron and Ad starting line up isnt too bad and gives us shooting finally. You could have 3 players shooting over 37% in your starting line up and still have Stanley, Gabreil of the bench for added wing depth. From Charlottes point of view they get out of Hayward and Roziers contracts to resign Bridges who seems like is getting the max.

Yeah I think Rozier+Hayward are the best pairing from Russ. The issue I have is with the FRP as Rozier and Hayward are owed $110m more than Russ is owed.

I think Hayward is worth 18m over next two seasons. I think Rozier is worth 20m over next 4 seasons. That's best case scenario and it is $116m total.. they will be paid $158m over that time and so Lakers pay $42m more in best case scenario.
Russ gets paid $47m and is worth around $15m. So that's $32m over.

The trade suggest Charlotte should be adding picks IMO but because Lakers need to make a move more I call it even. No picks should be included.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#63 » by TylersLakers » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:34 pm

If the opportunity to get Terry Rozier is available for Westbrook - you do it. No questions asked. I don't care about his contract.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#64 » by loveshaq786 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:59 pm

Terry, Horford, Jalen, Robert to Lakers

AD, HAYWARD to boston

Westbrook, NUNN to Charlotte
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,037

Post#65 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:18 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:Terry, Horford, Jalen, Robert to Lakers

AD, HAYWARD to boston

I think Boston prefers players who are actually capable of playing a season of basketball
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#66 » by loveshaq786 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:35 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:Terry, Horford, Jalen, Robert to Lakers

AD, HAYWARD to boston

I think Boston prefers players who are actually capable of playing a season of basketball

If you ain't winning... You take a chance on a superstar... When healthy, most versatile center in the game. Also top 3 center in the game

What about?

Westbrook for brogdon and hield

AD and pick for Jalen and Robert Williams straight up.... (Can also look into OG/Trent and pascual for tht and AD... Or even Turner and duarte)

Brogdon/hield/Jalen/lebron/Robert Williams

That's actually a sickkk line up
zuju
Senior
And1: 121

Post#67 » by zuju » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:42 pm

As injury prone as AD, he is actually one of the best in the game if not hurt
What I question him is not his skill, it is his will and desire to win which I think affect how he played the game and how he deal with injuries.
For all those players you guys are looking to trade for are not even close to the value of AD when healthy. If I am Rob or the next coach, I would definitely try to motivate him and ignite his desire to win rather than throwing him away
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,871

Post#68 » by LakersLegacy » Fri May 20, 2022 9:01 pm

Westbrook will be the biggest expiring contract in NBA history!! WB will have a lot more value at the trade deadline with only a few weeks of his deal

Simmons would be worth the risk with Nunn, THT, 2027 unprotected (likely top 3 pick), 2nd rounders. Kyrie would be worth the risk with less thrown in. WB value can only go up either with play or by counting down the days until he expires in April 2023
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#69 » by stan francisco » Mon Jun 6, 2022 9:46 pm

LakersLegacy wrote:Westbrook will be the biggest expiring contract in NBA history!!

That’s what I’ve been saying, too. Until then, we’ll sadly have a bleak mini-LBJ copy for $47M riding the bench when LBJ plays. Fun season.

How do I know Russ will ride the pine? Defense. He doesn’t play defense. Darvin claims to be someone to hold players accountable. That means $47M of no defense will sit on the bench until February. I said it then, and I’ll say it now: What an idiotic signing!

Pelinka absolutely needs to fill out this team with a bunch of very high quality signings for practically nothing. Then, pounce by the trade deadline. Someone will want that expiring.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#70 » by TylersLakers » Mon Jun 6, 2022 10:10 pm

Westbrook at Ham's press conference today.

He better be gone. Or else I'm just not watching this team next year other than milestone moments like when LeBron gets close. And I don't want to do that crap.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#71 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Jun 7, 2022 10:44 am

zuju wrote:As injury prone as AD, he is actually one of the best in the game if not hurt
What I question him is not his skill, it is his will and desire to win which I think affect how he played the game and how he deal with injuries.
For all those players you guys are looking to trade for are not even close to the value of AD when healthy. If I am Rob or the next coach, I would definitely try to motivate him and ignite his desire to win rather than throwing him away

DeRozan and Nikola... Geterrdone

They can resign Zach and have a great team. Zach and AD >> DEROZAN and nikola
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,835

Post#72 » by SK21209 » Tue Jun 7, 2022 4:20 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Lakers24gm wrote:Still think Charlotte is the place for him. Although Hayward has a pretty significant injury history i still think lakers shoould look at him. I dont know what else charlotte would give up but if you can get Hayward and Rozier for Russ and a 1st i think you have to pull the trigger if your the lakers. Rozier, Monk/Reaves, Hayward, Bron and Ad starting line up isnt too bad and gives us shooting finally. You could have 3 players shooting over 37% in your starting line up and still have Stanley, Gabreil of the bench for added wing depth. From Charlottes point of view they get out of Hayward and Roziers contracts to resign Bridges who seems like is getting the max.

Yeah I think Rozier+Hayward are the best pairing from Russ. The issue I have is with the FRP as Rozier and Hayward are owed $110m more than Russ is owed.

I think Hayward is worth 18m over next two seasons. I think Rozier is worth 20m over next 4 seasons. That's best case scenario and it is $116m total.. they will be paid $158m over that time and so Lakers pay $42m more in best case scenario.
Russ gets paid $47m and is worth around $15m. So that's $32m over.

The trade suggest Charlotte should be adding picks IMO but because Lakers need to make a move more I call it even. No picks should be included.

Agreed, I think Brogdon/Hield is probably not going to happen so Rozier/Hayward is likely the best option that will actually be out there. I heard somewhere that Charlotte has never paid the luxury tax in the history of their franchise. If we were to get Rozier/Hayward, I think Hayward should come off the bench to unlock the AD at the 5 lineup. I think we're probably going to lose Malik and should make a run at Mo Bamba to play the Brook Lopez role on both ends in Ham's system.

Rozier/Nunn
Reaves/THT
LeBron/Hayward
AD/S. Johnson
Bamba

Depth still needs to be filled out, but I think I like the general makeup of that team.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 219

Post#73 » by sonnyhill » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:19 am

Did the Lakers make a mistake by not trading Westbrook and a future #1 pick to Houston for Wall at last season's trade deadline?

It would have been preferable to see Wall sign on with an Eastern Conference team than with the Clippers.

Now that Wall is looking to sign with the Clippers, he will be adding his services to an already stacked roster:
PG: Reggie Jackson | John Wall
SG: Norman Powell | Luke Kennard
SF: Kawhi Leonard| Robert Covington
PF: Paul George | Marcus Morris
C: Ivica Zubac | Nicolas Batum

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34158737/john-wall-set-join-la-clippers-reaching-buyout-houston-rockets-sources-say

John Wall set to join LA Clippers after reaching buyout with Houston Rockets, sources say
By Adrian Wojnarowski and Tim MacMahon
ESPN

After agreeing to a buyout with the Houston Rockets, guard John Wall plans to sign a free-agent deal with the LA Clippers, sources told ESPN on Monday.

Wall, who was due $47.4 million from the Rockets after exercising the player option for the final year of his contract, agreed to take $6.5 million less to become a free agent, a source told ESPN. That is roughly the amount of the taxpayer midlevel exception, which Wall could receive once he is able to negotiate a deal with the Clippers.

The Rockets wanted to reach an agreement with Wall before free agency begins Thursday to maximize his options in selecting his next team, sources said.

The Rockets and Wall, 31, reached a mutual decision for the veteran guard not to play last season with Houston in the early stages of a rebuild. The Rockets instead prioritized the development of young guards Kevin Porter Jr. and Jalen Green, so Wall did not fit in the franchise's plans despite his $44.3 million salary.

Wall averaged 20.6 points and 6.9 assists in 40 games for the Rockets in 2020-21, proving he still could perform at a high level after missing the previous season and a half because of heel surgery and a torn Achilles tendon. He spent parts of last season with the Rockets, participating in practices and sitting on the bench during games, and trained on his own in Miami the rest of the time.

Wall was traded to Houston along with a future first-round pick for Russell Westbrook in December 2020 after spending the first 11 years of his career with the Washington Wizards, who selected him with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 draft. The Rockets considered themselves contenders at the time, but the franchise drastically changed directions when former MVP James Harden forced a trade early in the 2020-21 season.

Wall, who has career averages of 19.1 points and 9.1 assists, would fill the Clippers' need for a playmaker on a team that has championship aspirations, with Kawhi Leonard returning after missing the 2021-22 season while recovering from a partially torn ACL in his right knee. Reggie Jackson averaged 16.8 points and 4.8 assists as LA's starting point guard last season, when the Clippers went 42-40 and were eliminated in a play-in game.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#74 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:34 am

sonnyhill wrote:Did the Lakers make a mistake by not trading Westbrook and a future #1 pick to Houston for Wall at last season's trade deadline?

It would have been preferable to see Wall sign on with an Eastern Conference team than with the Clippers.

Now that Wall is looking to sign with the Clippers, he will be adding his services to an already stacked roster:
PG: Reggie Jackson | John Wall
SG: Norman Powell | Luke Kennard
SF: Kawhi Leonard| Robert Covington
PF: Paul George | Marcus Morris
C: Ivica Zubac | Nicolas Batum

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34158737/john-wall-set-join-la-clippers-reaching-buyout-houston-rockets-sources-say

John Wall set to join LA Clippers after reaching buyout with Houston Rockets, sources say
By Adrian Wojnarowski and Tim MacMahon
ESPN

After agreeing to a buyout with the Houston Rockets, guard John Wall plans to sign a free-agent deal with the LA Clippers, sources told ESPN on Monday.

Wall, who was due $47.4 million from the Rockets after exercising the player option for the final year of his contract, agreed to take $6.5 million less to become a free agent, a source told ESPN. That is roughly the amount of the taxpayer midlevel exception, which Wall could receive once he is able to negotiate a deal with the Clippers.

The Rockets wanted to reach an agreement with Wall before free agency begins Thursday to maximize his options in selecting his next team, sources said.

The Rockets and Wall, 31, reached a mutual decision for the veteran guard not to play last season with Houston in the early stages of a rebuild. The Rockets instead prioritized the development of young guards Kevin Porter Jr. and Jalen Green, so Wall did not fit in the franchise's plans despite his $44.3 million salary.

Wall averaged 20.6 points and 6.9 assists in 40 games for the Rockets in 2020-21, proving he still could perform at a high level after missing the previous season and a half because of heel surgery and a torn Achilles tendon. He spent parts of last season with the Rockets, participating in practices and sitting on the bench during games, and trained on his own in Miami the rest of the time.

Wall was traded to Houston along with a future first-round pick for Russell Westbrook in December 2020 after spending the first 11 years of his career with the Washington Wizards, who selected him with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 draft. The Rockets considered themselves contenders at the time, but the franchise drastically changed directions when former MVP James Harden forced a trade early in the 2020-21 season.

Wall, who has career averages of 19.1 points and 9.1 assists, would fill the Clippers' need for a playmaker on a team that has championship aspirations, with Kawhi Leonard returning after missing the 2021-22 season while recovering from a partially torn ACL in his right knee. Reggie Jackson averaged 16.8 points and 4.8 assists as LA's starting point guard last season, when the Clippers went 42-40 and were eliminated in a play-in game.

Subtraction by addition. Ask any Laker fan about it.....they'll know.
Enjoy other LA team.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 219

Post#75 » by sonnyhill » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:44 am

Why did Wall sit out last season? Was it his decision or was it the Rockets' decision?

Even with prioritizing the development of Kevin Porter Jr. and Jalen Green, sitting out a veteran All Star who could provide mentorship and leadership really makes no sense.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#76 » by MAMBAEMD » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:50 am

Personally I’m super happy we didn’t give up a 1st round pick for Wall who is another stat padding kind of player in the mold of Russ, with very little value in actually improving the team.

If it was a straight up deal for Russ or even signing him for the MLE, that’s another story.
But a trade and giving up a 1st rounder, hell no.
Formerly lakerRD
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#77 » by Kilroy » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:22 am

Wall is essentially Westbrook with an injury history and a year away from basketball... Wall for WB was never the answer... Maybe he'll prove me wrong on the Clips, but I doubt it...

Westbrook's expiring becomes a lot more desirable at the trade deadline... I assume he'll be on the roster at least until then.

I figure we either trade Nunn/THT or we're standing pat and looking for a steal with the MLE...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#78 » by LAL1947 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:34 am

Would the Wizards be willing to do Westbrook for Porzingis + KCP.... and would that help us become contenders?
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#79 » by gambitx777 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:42 am

I'm fully on board that Indy should be jumping at the chance to unload their injury prone vets for Westbrook.

I feel like
Westbrook and THT and some seconds
For
Brogdon, buddy and TJ McConell

Those guys are all owed a lot of money and this gets that money off the books replaces TJ with THT and Westbrook gets a buy out.

As a wizards fan I really want Westbrook to get a buy out and come back to DC on the MLE or BAE.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#80 » by DanishLakerFan » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:27 pm

LAL1947 wrote:Would the Wizards be willing to do Westbrook for Porzingis + KCP.... and would that help us become contenders?

Damn, hadn't thought of that one.

How about NY?

Some combination of
Randle, Fournier, Burks, Rose, Nerlens.

I'll die on Randle Island and i think he could have a bounce-back season.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers