Re: Lakers @ Warriors, Game 1, Tuesday 7PM PST, 9PM CST 

Post#61 » by Jedi32 » Wed May 3, 2023 6:39 am

great win. proud of our guys
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,490

Post#62 » by JVL » Wed May 3, 2023 7:15 am

Great win, went pretty much exactly as I thought it would. Good to see AD locked in like this, he’s obviously the key this series.

The mileage on AD and Bron is what bothers me most, let’s see how both guys look in game 2.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#63 » by ROballer » Wed May 3, 2023 7:41 am

The minutes distribution is fine. It's the **** playoffs and both Lebron and Davis played games in the 50's this year.

This game was an outlier anyway, Davis played 37, 38, 39, 42, 35 and 28 against Memphis and Lebron played 34, 39, 36, 45, 37, 31.

These are very low minutes for the playoffs.

For exemple, Kevin Durant who is 34 and coming after an ankle sprain has played 45, 44, 42, 45, 44, 36 and 44 minutes each game this playoffs.

Devin Booker's lowest minutes game was 40 as well.

Every team is running their best guys, it's do or die time. Always has happened and will happen. As it should.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#64 » by BEazy » Wed May 3, 2023 8:45 am

GB game thread is funny. Warrior fans can't take it. It's just all hilarious to read. Anyway, great win LAKERS!!!!! SoCal all day!

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#65 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Wed May 3, 2023 10:42 am

In that Warriors run Ham has D'Angelo Schroder and Reaves there. This guy still is not going to understand that you need at least 3 bigs there always?. If it's not Vando, Rui. He just does the same always and always the lead is throwed.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#66 » by Ball so hard » Wed May 3, 2023 11:43 am

RamonSessions7 wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:Benching Vanderbilt for that last stretch was **** idiotic

It is also where Wiggins got offensive boards because Reaves is too small for him.

It didn’t make sense at all, not like benching him allowed us to run a fluid offense. Luckily we had AD and DLo hit enough shots

Ham consistently does this. Not sure why he feels like he had to limit Vanderbilt’s minutes down the stretch.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,556

Post#67 » by stan francisco » Wed May 3, 2023 12:34 pm

siFy wrote:In that Warriors run Ham has D'Angelo Schroder and Reaves there. This guy still is not going to understand that you need at least 3 bigs there always?. If it's not Vando, Rui. He just does the same always and always the lead is throwed.

Ham did great besides this.

The reason that it works defensively at all to play D Lo is because of AD and Vando. Seat them both on the bench and you’ll have to bench D Lo as well.

This is a dangerous lapse of logic going forward.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#68 » by ROballer » Wed May 3, 2023 12:45 pm

siFy wrote:In that Warriors run Ham has D'Angelo Schroder and Reaves there. This guy still is not going to understand that you need at least 3 bigs there always?. If it's not Vando, Rui. He just does the same always and always the lead is throwed.

Lead was already being cut down. We were stuck at 112 for a while(leading 112-98 at some point). Lebron started getting 3 happy which I don't get. If you're not attacking, then pass the f ball. He's 4 out of his last 42 3's and was terrible all year long.
As long as he takes those shots I already know it's an empty possesion.

Lead was down to 6 when Russell came in for Vanderbilt, Warriors started their run with Vanderbilt on the floor because we couldn't score at all for a few minutes. Now Russell didn't help much if at all, but Ham couldn't have known that. It was the right move to try to get more offense in that instance. I agree though it should have been Rui over Russell ideally.

I fault Ham for some things, but this is not one of those instances. You can't beat the Warriors while scoring 100 pts, you're not holding them under that. We need the offense as much as the defense in this series.

We had like 5 pts in the last 6 minutes, while 2 of them being Schroder's FT's with 2 seconds left. One field goal made, ironically by Russell.
We dodged a bullet in this one. We have to close out better.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,767

Post#69 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed May 3, 2023 2:19 pm

BEazy wrote:GB game thread is funny. Warrior fans can't take it. It's just all hilarious to read. Anyway, great win LAKERS!!!!! SoCal all day!

One of my favorites

KyRo23 wrote:"Why aren't the Warriors getting FTs?! Rigged"

Meanwhile, every GS possession
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,490

Post#70 » by JVL » Wed May 3, 2023 4:13 pm

BEazy wrote:GB game thread is funny. Warrior fans can't take it. It's just all hilarious to read. Anyway, great win LAKERS!!!!! SoCal all day!

That's because most Warriors "fans" don't watch their own team. The FT disparity was a logical effect of the playstyle of both teams.

Lebron needs to stop falling in love with his horrible 3pt shot. It's not falling, you won't suddenly get streaky and defenders are rightfully not respecting the 3pt shot on you. Just run the offense, find an open guy, be an actual threat inside the arc.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,639

Post#71 » by danfantastk32 » Wed May 3, 2023 4:19 pm

Lakers were crap behind the line last night as well. I think only AR made more than one 3-pointer. He made 2. 24% or whatever it was is pretty awful. I think we have that to hang our hopes on for game 2. I do expect the Warriors will attack the basket a little more next game, and the FT discrepancy will go down.

I figure to lose the next game. It's 'do or die' for the Warriors, and they will bring it. I expect it will be raining 3's and I'll get to see Steph's mouthguard flippin and flloppin around all night. Hate to be the 'get off my lawn' guy....but they really aughta make a rule about keeping that f&*& thing in your mouth.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,627

Post#72 » by NCHeels2008 » Wed May 3, 2023 5:51 pm

If the Lakers find a way to win Game 2, I'll believe we are real title contenders. If we lose I wouldn't rule it out, but I'm hoping the team smells blood and finds a way to gut out game 2.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,197

Post#73 » by LAKESHOW » Wed May 3, 2023 7:45 pm

I believe we CAN win game 2. Usually teams get blown out in these situations, because the other team comes out with a Ton of energy and desperation. But the Warriors style of play is Live or Die by the 3. Meaning, there will be windows where we can attack their middle, run off their misses, and win the free throw battle like we did last nite. We will have a chance to come home 2-0. But really difficult, and we are going to need to hit our 3s, Moreno than last game
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,297

Post#74 » by tamaraw08 » Wed May 3, 2023 8:31 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:I believe we CAN win game 2. Usually teams get blown out in these situations, because the other team comes out with a Ton of energy and desperation. But the Warriors style of play is Live or Die by the 3. Meaning, there will be windows where we can attack their middle, run off their misses, and win the free throw battle like we did last nite. We will have a chance to come home 2-0. But really difficult, and we are going to need to hit our 3s, Moreno than last game

I believe the biggest enemy of Anthony Davis is......Anthony Davis. If he is healthy and shows up in the next game full of energy and focus, then it's going to be very difficult to defeat them. Dominating the inside by blocking and altering a ton of shots, collecting 20 rebounds and getting to the line and scoring in the restricted area is just too much for any team.
Ham's ability to come up with good counters esp when they pack it in would be the key too.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,556

Post#75 » by stan francisco » Wed May 3, 2023 11:04 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:I believe we CAN win game 2. Usually teams get blown out in these situations, because the other team comes out with a Ton of energy and desperation. But the Warriors style of play is Live or Die by the 3. Meaning, there will be windows where we can attack their middle, run off their misses, and win the free throw battle like we did last nite. We will have a chance to come home 2-0. But really difficult, and we are going to need to hit our 3s, Moreno than last game

Actually, I think we can and will take game two. The defense by Vando, Schroeder and AD totally choked their offense and they seemed to know it from the first quarter. If we stay healthy, we win this series in six or less.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#76 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu May 4, 2023 12:50 am

We can win game 2. Warriors have no answer for AD. Put Gabriel in for a few minutes at the start of 2nd and 4th to rest AD. AD looks tired at the closing minutes of the game.

Rui needs minutes. If Vandy is going out it should be Rui checking in. Rui and Dennis should be in the floor together as Vandy and DLo are together. This is also to limit the time that DLO, Dennis and Austin are at the floor together. DLO, Dennis and Austin is a bad match up defensively against Steph, Klay and Wiggins. This allows Steph to score at will against DLo and Wiggins getting offensive boards against the smaller Austin. At least if we have Vandy or Rui playing the 3 we don't give up size and we can battle for the boards.

TBJ needs to learn how to play D when defending Klay and the screens. Klay can easily leave him and take open shots. I think Dennis is our best perimeter defender against the pick and roll but he can guard only one of Steph or Klay. I see AD closing out on Klay in some plays and that is good but the problem is rebounding once AD is not in the shaded area. Kevon Looney is a solid rebounder that is why we should not play a 3 guard line up for a long period of time.

In the end, the key is still AD. Exploit the match up against AD. He is quicker than Kevon so try to run pick and roll plays against him or iso AD and try to beat him off the dribble. If it's against Draymond, capitalize on AD's size. Play above the rim. Throw some Alley oops. If Kevon is not on the floor everyone should not be afraid to shoot. Trust AD to get the offensive glass and put back.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers