ImageImageImageImageImage

GSW @ LAL — game 4, WC semi final

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

bb22
Starter
And1: 1,001

Re: GSW @ LAL — game 4, WC semi final 

Post#81 » by bb22 » Tue May 9, 2023 11:25 pm

Lonnie stole the show, but AR was absolutely huge for a stretch when the Lakers looked tired and couldn’t creat on offense. He was really great. And Bron hitting clutch free throws was big too. The team went perfect from the line, and they needed all 20 of those points. It’s quite amazing if you put it all together.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,299

Post#82 » by tamaraw08 » Wed May 10, 2023 12:53 am

TylersLakers wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:75 messages posted on this thread, 15 hours later and still no love for Ham? come on guys. :-?

He deserves a TON of credit. Him and his coaching staff have made some really good adjustments.

I actually just rewatched the game, I saw the Lakers allowed at least 15 easy lay ups, outscored the Lakers in the paint scoring 52 whopping points.
Kerr might have out-coached Ham for about 36 minutes but great adjustments by Ham and courageously putting Lonnie in the 4th quarter.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#83 » by Ball so hard » Wed May 10, 2023 1:46 am

tamaraw08 wrote:75 messages posted on this thread, 15 hours later and still no love for Ham? come on guys. :-?

Ham deserves some credit. However, I do think coaches tend to get far more credit than they deserve. Only a handful of coaches elevate a team in a significant way. The person that deserves most of the credit is AD. He’s having the greatest impact I’ve seen of anyone on defense in the playoffs in over two decades. He’s having postseason success similar to that of Gobert’s regular season a few seasons ago. GSW literally altered their entire game plan twice to reduce his impact… his impact in the Grizzlies series was probably even better. He’s been by far our best player during this playoff.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,556

Post#84 » by stan francisco » Wed May 10, 2023 1:50 am

A-hem. If I may, I just complimented him a few posts above yours, for finally playing Lonnie over Russell. :D

There were other decisions he made that were great, but finally holding D Lo accountable was the most consequential one. We held them to six(!) field goals in the fourth quarter. Fun to watch Curry on the floor all confused tossing the ball out of bounds, but even more fun is the W.

3-1
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,299

Post#85 » by tamaraw08 » Wed May 10, 2023 3:05 am

stan francisco wrote:

A-hem. If I may, I just complimented him a few posts above yours, for finally playing Lonnie over Russell. :D

There were other decisions he made that were great, but finally holding D Lo accountable was the most consequential one. We held them to six(!) field goals in the fourth quarter. Fun to watch Curry on the floor all confused tossing the ball out of bounds, but even more fun is the W.

3-1

Oops my bad, I don’t know how I missed reading your post because I always do.
Ham and his staff must be burning the midnight oil coming up ways on how to adjust and prevent GSW from scoring heavily from layups.
Forcing AD to switch to Steph to draw him out was genius from Kerr imo.
Darvin might need to switch defensive assignments constantly.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,199

Post#86 » by LAKESHOW » Wed May 10, 2023 3:09 am

Yes. We need to make the adjustments in defensive schematics. They had a layup line goin to the rim
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,375

Post#87 » by xinxin » Wed May 10, 2023 4:15 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:

He deserves a TON of credit. Him and his coaching staff have made some really good adjustments.

I actually just rewatched the game, I saw the Lakers allowed at least 15 easy lay ups, outscored the Lakers in the paint scoring 52 whopping points.
Kerr might have out-coached Ham for about 36 minutes but great adjustments by Ham and courageously putting Lonnie in the 4th quarter.

all those unopposed shots by GP2 was painful to watch..
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,556

Post#88 » by stan francisco » Wed May 10, 2023 8:25 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

3-1

Oops my bad, I don’t know how I missed reading your post because I always do.
Ham and his staff must be burning the midnight oil coming up ways on how to adjust and prevent GSW from scoring heavily from layups.
Forcing AD to switch to Steph to draw him out was genius from Kerr imo.
Darvin might need to switch defensive assignments constantly.

:D: :wave:

I’m also very impressed with Ham’s adjustments in this series and the last. It’s almost Phil like. Hmm…

Kerr is brilliant. I thought he clearly won the chess match within game 5 but our players won the game.

Ham better have a counter for that AD switch next game. It worked until the fourth quarter, hint.

I hope he has the spine to change the starting lineup, to replace D No with Lonnie.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers