Re: GSW @ LAL — game 4, WC semi final 

Post#61 » by Young Stapler » Tue May 9, 2023 6:22 am

I cant deal with this stress please close it out in 5 Lakers PLEEEAAAASEE
Young Stapler
General Manager
And1: 5,966

Post#62 » by Young Stapler » Tue May 9, 2023 6:23 am

I just love that Lonnie 3 to start the 4th. It was straight BOTTOM!
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,852

Post#63 » by Beethoven » Tue May 9, 2023 6:35 am

Young Stapler wrote:I just love that Lonnie 3 to start the 4th. It was straight BOTTOM!

The fourth quarter literally belonged to Lonnie. He did everything in the textbook of basketball. Steal dunk. 3 pointer. Long range 2pter a la Kobe Bryant. Inbounds pass catch and shoot. And to top it off... 2 free throws in the last seconds when we were only up 1 point. You know that is extremely difficult to make? Especially a newbie. He had to ice the game!
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#64 » by DanishLakerFan » Tue May 9, 2023 7:38 am

So when is Lebron going to turn it up a notch?
He has his moments where he barrels his way to the rim, but he seems off.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#65 » by Ball so hard » Tue May 9, 2023 9:16 am

DanishLakerFan wrote:So when is Lebron going to turn it up a notch?

I’m afraid there isn’t another notch. He looks tired. Father Time has finally caught up.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,199

Post#66 » by LAKESHOW » Tue May 9, 2023 9:54 am

Free-throw disparity many said was the difference. Well we played even with them tonight and got the W. LOL
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,557

Post#67 » by stan francisco » Tue May 9, 2023 11:27 am

He’s healing from his injury still, don’t believe he’s suddenly just spent and needs a wheelchair. We’re going to need him to have some big games against Denver, and against Celtics/Heat if we get through Denver. I’m pretty sure we haven’t seen the last 40 point game from LBJ,
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,375

Post#68 » by xinxin » Tue May 9, 2023 11:36 am

I only caught the last 2 minutes of the gAme.

I was in a biz meeting during the earlier part.

I’m going to watch the replay and enjoy every minute of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,307

Post#69 » by Jedi32 » Tue May 9, 2023 1:32 pm

I'm glad he doesn't need to score 40 right now for us to get these wins. Try to save as much energy for him and AD as possible.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,307

Post#70 » by Jedi32 » Tue May 9, 2023 1:33 pm

So proud of our guys this season. Great team win last night.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,557

Post#71 » by stan francisco » Tue May 9, 2023 2:16 pm

Proud of Ham for finally holding D Lo responsible for his poor defense by yanking him.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#72 » by SashAlex » Tue May 9, 2023 2:40 pm

Young Stapler wrote:I cant deal with this stress please close it out in 5 Lakers PLEEEAAAASEE

Same here. My heart was bouncing left and right in the 4th, especially when you have the classic Schroeder turnovers.

We need everyone to have a very solid Game 5 to stand a chance against a desperate Warriors team facing elimination at home.

It's either gonna be a blowout as in Game 2, or we come out shooting lights out with suffocating defense and win. Don't want to see us losing a close game though.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,644

Post#73 » by danfantastk32 » Tue May 9, 2023 3:54 pm

I really didnt think we were gonna win last night. That was big. I haven't really had much faith in the squad. I posted that the trade made them clearly better....but I still looked at them as a mediocre squad. I dunno....in some ways I still do. But AD has played better than he has in years, and we are getting these amazing contributions from all over the place. It's really cool to watch. Our Defense is what makes us a good team. We're pretty good defensively, and when you add it all up, it's been winning basketball. I'm curious how far this train can go.

Still gotta win one more. Can't forget that. I know you can't sit your guys in the playoffs.....but I expect GS to have their game Wed. They'll be home. Their role guys will feel it. I predict a 25-35 point drubbing. If it were me....I'd be focused on game 6. I'll leave it at that.

BUT.......if we do go get a W on Wed, then I think I gotta give this team a good shot at winning it all. That would tell me we're locked in and in kill mode. AD....its on you
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,228

Post#74 » by Kilroy » Tue May 9, 2023 5:14 pm

I watched the 1st q and the first 5 min of the 3rd... I had a feeling we'd get this one, but I just decided I'd rather spend that time in my shop welding... I'm not sure I have the stamina for the playoffs any more... Am I the only one that thinks this current format is way too long?

Great game by the way and it's cool to see LWIV get his...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,644

Post#75 » by danfantastk32 » Tue May 9, 2023 8:02 pm

Alot of Laker peeps talking about if we can win a title.

Go get that 4th win. I have a feeling we're gonna get rolled in game 5. And then suddenly game 6 has a real "must win" feel to it. Sleep on GS at your own peril.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,299

Post#76 » by tamaraw08 » Tue May 9, 2023 8:56 pm

75 messages posted on this thread, 15 hours later and still no love for Ham? come on guys. :-?
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,299

Post#77 » by tamaraw08 » Tue May 9, 2023 9:00 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Alot of Laker peeps talking about if we can win a title.

Go get that 4th win. I have a feeling we're gonna get rolled in game 5. And then suddenly game 6 has a real "must win" feel to it. Sleep on GS at your own peril.

I don't think most of them understand how hard they had to work and have some luck go their way to be able to eke out a win last night.
How I wish Lonnie would make all his shots except for 2 misses like last night.
What are the chances Klay and Poole would have bad shooting game at home?
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,821

Post#78 » by TylersLakers » Tue May 9, 2023 10:25 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:75 messages posted on this thread, 15 hours later and still no love for Ham? come on guys. :-?

He deserves a TON of credit. Him and his coaching staff have made some really good adjustments.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,821

Post#79 » by TylersLakers » Tue May 9, 2023 10:37 pm

This series isn't over at all. Golden State is going to go into their building and make 15+ 3's and we have to hit shots and play well. Steve Kerr has had to adjust so much to us, and we've countered pretty much every one. That's what gives me confidence for the rest of the series. However, if we go out there and don't bring the required effort and don't make shots, this team can beat us.

The fact that we won last night with Curry going completely off in every facet and LeBron looking cooked until the fourth quarter is crazy to me.

Side note: I'm not sure what I'd do with Vanderbilt. He unfortunately has no place in this series. I honestly might start Lonnie Walker and go with a small line-up. Reaves/D-Lo/Walker/LeBron/AD with Rui, Schroder off the bench. I love Vando and he's an amazing 86 game player but after that 1st round ends, it's hard to keep him on the floor. If he plays, he has to play in line-ups against Steph Curry, and where he's surrounded by shooting. For example:

Vando, Reaves, Walker, Rui, LeBron - This would be a really good line-up for when Davis is off the floor. Vando should play like a heat-seeking missile on O, setting screens anywhere and everywhere to free-up shooters. You have playmaking in Reaves, LeBron. And Rui would defend someone like Draymond or J Green. Rui's had a difficult time defensively in this series. He's getting eaten alive against Klay and times where he has to defend Curry. Just not a favorable match-up for him at all.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#80 » by SashAlex » Tue May 9, 2023 11:15 pm

TylersLakers wrote:

This series isn't over at all. Golden State is going to go into their building and make 15+ 3's and we have to hit shots and play well. Steve Kerr has had to adjust so much to us, and we've countered pretty much every one. That's what gives me confidence for the rest of the series. However, if we go out there and don't bring the required effort and don't make shots, this team can beat us.

The fact that we won last night with Curry going completely off in every facet and LeBron looking cooked until the fourth quarter is crazy to me.

Side note: I'm not sure what I'd do with Vanderbilt. He unfortunately has no place in this series. I honestly might start Lonnie Walker and go with a small line-up. Reaves/D-Lo/Walker/LeBron/AD with Rui, Schroder off the bench. I love Vando and he's an amazing 86 game player but after that 1st round ends, it's hard to keep him on the floor. If he plays, he has to play in line-ups against Steph Curry, and where he's surrounded by shooting. For example:

Vando, Reaves, Walker, Rui, LeBron - This would be a really good line-up for when Davis is off the floor. Vando should play like a heat-seeking missile on O, setting screens anywhere and everywhere to free-up shooters. You have playmaking in Reaves, LeBron. And Rui would defend someone like Draymond or J Green. Rui's had a difficult time defensively in this series. He's getting eaten alive against Klay and times where he has to defend Curry. Just not a favorable match-up for him at all.

Agree on inserting Walker in several line-ups for game 5, Tyler. Can take at times the pressure off of LeBron, Davis and Reaves. Him and Rui in the same line-up will really spread the floor for LeBron and Reaves to operate inside outside. Drawback is rim protection and... offensive rebounds. This, this has kept Warriors alive and more in all the games. If you look at the stats, they beat us fair and square at this. It's really getting annoying to watch. Something we must improve for Game 5. Do this, and we're there.

Back to Walker. With him in the 4th last game, I believe the defense was pretty solid. Solid maybe because Russell is often a liability on this end and him being off the floor we kinda compensated for that.

They really collapse on everyone else when Vanderbilt is on the floor when we're attacking, which takes away spacing from everyone else on the floor. To his defense, he made some 3s in the first 3 games from his short corner spots, but this is not something you rely on more than one every other random possession against the Warriors in the playoffs and going ahead.

We've got to have our small guys to be there and ready to switch on Curry and Klay, and guys like Rui, LeBron and Vanderbilt in a small line-up for the bigger guys, perhaps with Vanderbilt being the joker defensively.

Also, I can't comprehend what's going on in Schroeder's head late in the 4th when he tries to be the facilitator. Please no! He almost cost us the game. Either shoot off a screen, penetrate or spot up. Do you remember the Suns series from 2 years back?

With all the praise for Ham, I don't get it why he doesn't address this annoying issue with Schroeder trying to facilitate. I know they're best pals(weirdly), but come on. Let Reaves, Russell or LeBron take care about facilitating late in the 4th.

But yeah, all in all, I say come with great energy and hunger for Game 5, rebounding the ball and not allowing them too many 2nd chance points, have balanced line-ups and it will be up for grabs.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers