ImageImageImageImageImage

ATTENTION LAKERS CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS CLOSE OUT GM5 IN HOSTILE CROWD

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

ATTENTION LAKERS CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS CLOSE OUT GM5 IN HOSTILE CROWD 

Post#1 » by Beethoven » Tue May 9, 2023 8:10 pm

2020 lebron/ad, shaq/kobe closed out games in hostile crowds.
Is this iteration gonna close out?

IF YOU CLOSE OUT GSW IN GAME 5 THEN I BELIEVE YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAT PHO/DENVER

TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Beethoven
Head Coach

Re: ATTENTION LAKERS CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS CLOSE OUT GM5 IN HOSTILE CROWD 

Post#2 » by Beethoven » Tue May 9, 2023 9:31 pm

As others have noted, klay and Jordan should be expected to have big games in game5.

Lot of media still saying that luck has been with the Lakers in all four games. Game5-7 should be where the law of averages (some people said) will allow for the bounce and roll to go more in favor of gsw or equally, stating that lakers will not be able to win since we run on luck.

I'm not going to debate that. I'm staying humble and saying let's just win this game in any fashion. If it means luck or actual laker skill.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#3 » by TylersLakers » Tue May 9, 2023 10:23 pm

Let's F'N Goooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Beethoven » Tue May 9, 2023 11:08 pm

Just don't get blown out by 18 first half. ...

I believe this team, if they just weather the storm (the crowd will be violently hostile first half), and keep it within a single-digit striking distance the whole game going into the final quarter,
this team will figure out a way to win.

Looking for a big game from dlo, Schroeder, Austin, or maybe even Beasley in the closeout quarter. Can Lonnie the Fourth have another huge game?
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#5 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Tue May 9, 2023 11:58 pm

Beethoven wrote:Just don't get blown out by 18 first half. ...

I believe this team, if they just weather the storm (the crowd will be violently hostile first half), and keep it within a single-digit striking distance the whole game going into the final quarter,

Looking for a big game from dlo, Schroeder, Austin, or maybe even Beasley in the closeout quarter. Can Lonnie the Fourth have another huge game?

Austin had a steady game in game 4. It seems that he was back to normal hitting some timely baskets. Dennis had crucial turnovers in the 4th quarter but his D on Draymond was great on that last Warriors possession. I say Dennis is consistent in this series. He plays good D and not afraid to shoot. Lonnie can score anytime if given minutes. I'm looking for a good game from DLo. DLo is somehow like AD when it comes to having an up and down game. He had a good game 3 then bad game 4 so he must be due to a good game 5. Beasley, I don't know. If DLo is due to another bad game then try Beasley or Troy.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#6 » by ROballer » Wed May 10, 2023 5:21 am

Although I fully expect us to get blown out by 20, because that's how we roll..

This game has big implications going forward.
The other western conference series will probably go 7 games and Game 7 is all the way on Sunday.

By the WCF, we would have 6-7 days off and a huge rest advantage for Game 1, just like we had this series. That's the most opportun time to steal HCA.

If we're smart, we're treating this as a must win game. I don't think we are, so I think we'll go balls to the walls in game 6 at home. This series has a deja vu effect on me with the Memphis series.
Steal game 1 in a close game, get blown out in game 2, blow them out in game 3, win a very close game 4.
We were blown out again in game 5 in the last series before crushing them in game 6.

Let's see if it's the same until the end. Obviously I'd take this but I also wouldn't mind the extra rest I was talking about in the beginning one bit.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#7 » by Beethoven » Wed May 10, 2023 5:27 am

ROballer wrote:Although I fully expect us to get blown out by 20, because that's how we roll..

I don't think we are, so I think we'll go balls to the walls in game 6 at home. This series has a deja vu effect on me with the Memphis series.
Steal game 1 in a close game, get blown out in game 2, blow them out in game 3, win a very close game 4.
We were blown out again in game 5 in the last series before crushing them in game 6.

I have an uneasy feeling about losing game5 for game6 home win attempt, with gsw.
We have to end it tomorrow.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#8 » by stan francisco » Wed May 10, 2023 10:59 am

Elimination time! Take them out. Attack and don’t look back!
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#9 » by DanishLakerFan » Wed May 10, 2023 2:56 pm

Take them out in 5.

Klay thinks they can still win it since they've been able to do so before, so the Lakers cant walk into the Chase Center and half-ass it.

**** run in and punch them in the mouth in the first quarter. Take their souls, like Goggins would say.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,286

Post#10 » by tamaraw08 » Wed May 10, 2023 3:15 pm

Beethoven wrote:Just don't get blown out by 18 first half. ...

good role players usually just have 1 very good shooting impactful game and D'Lo, Reaves, Walker and Schroder (dropped 19 game 1) have done it already so I'm not sure if they have another one under their sleeve.
Vando hasn't hit any shot at all, so maybe him.
If I am Ham, I would closely monitor the core's energy early. If D'Lo, Walker, Reaves are a step slow, even Lebron and AD, if they are down big early, I would try Beasley, Rui and Gabriel to spark the team.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#11 » by Vae Victus » Wed May 10, 2023 4:23 pm

I say in Game 5, the team should experiment with their bench more.

Give Bamba some real burn backing up AD. If he plays well, great, he can be a weapon off the bench in the playoffs. If he flops in Game 5, oh well, it was worth a shot to see if the Lakers can have a 2nd real big to play some C mins. Him being a floor spacer is always a plus. The team BADLY needs to see if there's a future for Bamba, cuz the team cant possibly go with Wenyen and Vando as backup 5 for all of next year. AD is also expected to miss at least 20 games too.

Also give Walker more burn in game 5 as well. See if his heroics can carry over and if he develops into another bench piece who can reliably go off when the starters are sluggish. Hell i'd play Beasley more too, see if his shot can be fixed and maybe all the time riding the bench will give him a serious sense of urgency to go all out on D.

If GSW comes out swinging in Game 5 and blows the Lakers out, that's fine. AD and LBJ will have played limited mins so theyll be fresher in Game 6. Also need a serious look at Bamba cuz the team is def gonna need some real size in future rounds.

Also Rui is barely getting any run, i thought he'd be the perfect matchup to go against a small ball GSW, kinda surprised at how he's disappeared from the rotation lately. Give him more PT too in Game 5, need to see if it'll wake him up a bit like he was in the 1st two MEM games.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by stan francisco » Wed May 10, 2023 6:24 pm

If we can withstand the first five minute onslaught and manage to win the first quarter, we’ll eliminate them tonight. They won’t be able to get up from that.

Do it!
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Beethoven » Wed May 10, 2023 7:19 pm

LETZ DOO DIS SHIZZLE ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

dam I want the game to start now
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by stan francisco » Wed May 10, 2023 9:13 pm

As much as I want us to win tonight, I still have us winning this series in six. Having said that, if AD the monster shows up, we could very well finish them tonight.

On the road… Hachimura, Vanderbilt, Walker, Reaves, Russell all need to have really good games or we lose tonight.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by stan francisco » Wed May 10, 2023 9:13 pm

Beethoven wrote:LETZ DOO DIS SHIZZLE ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

dam I want the game to start now

That’s what I really meant to say. :D
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#16 » by LAKESHOW » Wed May 10, 2023 11:02 pm

Well we do need the rest
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#17 » by IceManBK1 » Wed May 10, 2023 11:54 pm

Imo Dlo needs to utilize his size more against Payton II. Post him up. Be quicker and more confident with your moves and jumpshots. Utilize ur teammates more by running give and go, pick and rolls. Just be in motion. Cut when I get a chance. Just be more mentally prepared.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#18 » by TylersLakers » Thu May 11, 2023 2:19 am

I’m sorry. You can’t wait until it’s 17-5 to call a timeout. That’s pathetic.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#19 » by Ball so hard » Thu May 11, 2023 2:22 am

This team is stupid. You have a size advantage and h not one of your shots have come in the paint.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#20 » by Ball so hard » Thu May 11, 2023 2:23 am

IceManBK1 wrote:Imo Dlo needs to utilize his size more against Payton II. Post him up. Be quicker and more confident with your moves and jumpshots. Utilize ur teammates more by running give and go, pick and rolls. Just be in motion. Cut when I get a chance. Just be more mentally prepared.

We have a size advantage at nearly every position. Makes no sense why we aren’t pounding them on the interior.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers