ImageImageImageImageImage

GSW @ LAL — game 6, WC semi final

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,282

Re: GSW @ LAL — game 6, WC semi final 

Post#41 » by Jedi32 » Sat May 13, 2023 2:21 pm

Is it just me or does anyone laugh hard when whiny clowns start crying about the refs when it comes to everything lakers? These clowns have no shame at all.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#42 » by TylersLakers » Sat May 13, 2023 3:37 pm

LET’S F’N GOOOOO LAKERS FAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally never expected us to win the series.

I don’t think I’m the only one but I hated so much about our team the last 2 years. It’s amazing to see how over the course of two trades, it’s become completely different and brought my crazy Laker fandom back.

Let’s see how far we can take this. Lake Show!
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#43 » by MAMBAEMD » Sat May 13, 2023 4:02 pm

This has been an awesome turnaround for our season. It’s so rare for teams to be able to do something like this specially after a 2-10 start.
The trades have given us depth, athleticism, shooting, and defense.
Truthfully, and not to pile on Russ, but his trade was a huge addition by subtraction. His poor judgement in key phases of the game was appalling and hurt our chances to win games.
And Ham has done a better job with his rotations and in game and in-between game adjustments.

Now on to Denver. WCF start Tuesday and are every other day. We have to win one of the first two games in Denver. Ideally game one.

Let’s go Lakers!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Formerly lakerRD
DorianRo
Senior
And1: 523

Post#44 » by DorianRo » Sat May 13, 2023 5:25 pm

Congratulations, Lakers just won a reward to be swept by the Nuggets. What a prize
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#45 » by danfantastk32 » Sat May 13, 2023 7:17 pm

TylersLakers wrote:LET’S F’N GOOOOO LAKERS FAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t think I’m the only one but I hated so much about our team the last 2 years. It’s amazing to see how over the course of two trades, it’s become completely different and brought my crazy Laker fandom back.

10,000% agree with this.

These last two years were awful for me. Having Melo and Brick on the squad turned me off so much, I have hardly watched them these last couple years. And usually it was when I was out getting food/drinks. I'd watch, cause it was on in front of me. I've been a fierce defender of Jeanie...and having the Buss family continue to own the team....but I eventually caved on that. I've been saying I think they aughta sell. I figured Rob was as good as toast this offseason. Really there was very little to look forward too.

Now let me preface my eating crow, by saying that I stand by my comment that I don't think this is a great team. I think the NBA is not in a great place right now. There really is no great squad out there. But with that said....wow was I wrong! I didn't think this team stood a chance of making it through 2 playoff rounds. Hell...I didn't think we'd make the play in...and if we did, we get bounced.

Rob, and the front office really deserve some credit here for making the moves they did. What a complete turn around. Now we have some pieces of value! I mean...we got 3-4 guys that we could really make some good S&T with if we wanted. Not that we want to, but I'm just comparing out evaluation of this squad, compared to 4-5 months ago...and how totally screwed many of us thought we were.

AD putting it together. Let's hope he has 8 more wins in him. I'd prob move AD if I'm the Lakers this offseason, but let's can that talk for now. And if they do somehow win the whole thing....that would prob be impossible to do.

And yeah....Jeanie. People talk about the $$$ the doofus moves....the Rambus' making decisions...etc etc etc. Well, where's Ballz and his "super group"???? Honestly, things may not be perfect, but I think this ownership is awesome. And I think it's what makes the Lakers what they are. It may be a tad 'old fashioned' now..but F** -- it. If people wanna go root the toy of some conglomerate...be my guest. Jeanie, with her ups and downs LOVES this team. I'm glad its the way it is. I am so sorry I ever faltered about that.

It's great to be proud of this team again. They are fun to watch again. I know the wheels are falling off of our aging stars, and I do truly think that we are taking advantage of a really, really, down year in the NBA. But what the hell! We're kicking ass, and we have come together and pulled ourselves out of the quicksand. No matter how it ends, this was fun, and I didn't think this was possible.
zuju
Senior
And1: 120

Post#46 » by zuju » Sat May 13, 2023 7:58 pm

Lakers did great in both 2 rounds!!! GSW is definitely not an easy opponent.

I will keep my expectation low against the Nuggets. They are well oiled and balanced team with a MVP Level center and all star level guard. No major weakness in the line up.

Lakers can't take any day off like they did to have a chance against such opponents.

AD vs Joker
LBJ vs Gordon
Vando vs MPJ
AR vs KCP
DLO vs Murray

Of course, its a team game. But you can see, they can match us in size, they have above average defence with a lock down 3 & D guard in KCP and elite offence against us while we have a Dlo who cant defend and Vando who can't shoot. Their arena is nortorious. Will be a really tough one in this series
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,750

Post#47 » by ROballer » Sat May 13, 2023 8:09 pm

KC the trash can is one of the most overrated players in the league.

Any minute he sniffs on the court is a blessing for us because it means a vastly better player in Bruce Brown usually doesn't play.

Pope is not stopping anyone, Booker has molested him twice in the playoffs(once when we played them two years ago) and Anthony Edwards has looked like a superstar in the 1st round.

Their perimeter defense is absolutely trash when Murray/Pope play, if D-Lo/Reaves don't average 17-18 each I'll be very surprised.

They hardly have any offensive weakness though, limiting Jokic will be almost impossible. Key is shutting down everyone else.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,228

Post#48 » by EArl » Sat May 13, 2023 9:45 pm

DorianRo wrote:Congratulations, Lakers just won a reward to be swept by the Nuggets. What a prize

I bet you’re a 40 year old man who still lives with his mom right? The only way that you could have such a cowardly attitude.
Even if we lose to the Nuggets, we’re going to give them everything we have. I like our chances against them. I say Lakers in 6.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#49 » by stan francisco » Sun May 14, 2023 1:46 am

Nice win. Big win legacy wise but there was a struggle all the way not to let them in and we almost let it slip a few times. Great job all around!!! Kudos, coach Ham and LBJ. AD had a monster defensive game.

In the next series, I’m not sure how their coach will avoid attacking D Lo every possession. Maybe because it’ll be better to have Jokic run shtuff. If they play Murray as primary handler we need to put Vando on him or we’re toast.

If we can be lucky, AD slows down Jokic’ game. If he wins his matchup, we’re in the finals.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#50 » by TylersLakers » Sun May 14, 2023 6:33 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:LET’S F’N GOOOOO LAKERS FAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10,000% agree with this.

These last two years were awful for me. Having Melo and Brick on the squad turned me off so much, I have hardly watched them these last couple years. And usually it was when I was out getting food/drinks. I'd watch, cause it was on in front of me. I've been a fierce defender of Jeanie...and having the Buss family continue to own the team....but I eventually caved on that. I've been saying I think they aughta sell. I figured Rob was as good as toast this offseason. Really there was very little to look forward too.

Now let me preface my eating crow, by saying that I stand by my comment that I don't think this is a great team. I think the NBA is not in a great place right now. There really is no great squad out there. But with that said....wow was I wrong! I didn't think this team stood a chance of making it through 2 playoff rounds. Hell...I didn't think we'd make the play in...and if we did, we get bounced.

Rob, and the front office really deserve some credit here for making the moves they did. What a complete turn around. Now we have some pieces of value! I mean...we got 3-4 guys that we could really make some good S&T with if we wanted. Not that we want to, but I'm just comparing out evaluation of this squad, compared to 4-5 months ago...and how totally screwed many of us thought we were.

AD putting it together. Let's hope he has 8 more wins in him. I'd prob move AD if I'm the Lakers this offseason, but let's can that talk for now. And if they do somehow win the whole thing....that would prob be impossible to do.

And yeah....Jeanie. People talk about the $$$ the doofus moves....the Rambus' making decisions...etc etc etc. Well, where's Ballz and his "super group"???? Honestly, things may not be perfect, but I think this ownership is awesome. And I think it's what makes the Lakers what they are. It may be a tad 'old fashioned' now..but F** -- it. If people wanna go root the toy of some conglomerate...be my guest. Jeanie, with her ups and downs LOVES this team. I'm glad its the way it is. I am so sorry I ever faltered about that.

It's great to be proud of this team again. They are fun to watch again. I know the wheels are falling off of our aging stars, and I do truly think that we are taking advantage of a really, really, down year in the NBA. But what the hell! We're kicking ass, and we have come together and pulled ourselves out of the quicksand. No matter how it ends, this was fun, and I didn't think this was possible.

Every time I watched and was upset, I’d constantly go back to two things:

A) We should have Caruso
B) We could’ve had Hield, KCP instead of Westbrook

I replayed that in my head over and over again and thought how those two moves wasted the LeBron and AD era.

Now we have a Western Conference Finals birth along with a Championship and it’s a totally different feel with this era.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#51 » by LAKESHOW » Sun May 14, 2023 8:50 am

Yeah I used to go back and forth on the Caruso thing. And although he is a very good player, he has nowhere close to the offensive repitoire that Reeves has. Reeves diversification of shots out paces Caruso. But Caruso is still a beloved and tough player
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,829

Post#52 » by Beethoven » Sun May 14, 2023 9:33 am

Caruso would be awesome if he was back with us. Kuzma too.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
zuju
Senior
And1: 120

Post#53 » by zuju » Sun May 14, 2023 11:01 am

A carushow and AR backcourt would be awesome and could have been our backcourt duo for years. :banghead:

Now with Dlo, we have a totally different look From elite defense to elite offense, play make and ball handling. The cost is much higher with Dlo though
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,282

Post#54 » by Jedi32 » Sun May 14, 2023 8:36 pm

DorianRo wrote:Congratulations, Lakers just won a reward to be swept by the Nuggets. What a prize

congrats you just won the award for dumbest post this year. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers