Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: WCF - Game 3: Nuggets @ Lakers, 5:30pm PST 

Post#81 » by Kilroy » Sun May 21, 2023 4:10 am

SunsLyf3 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
SunsLyf3 wrote:I'm just here for the "Lakers almost won and they figured out the Nuggets" take.

That wasn't Lakers fans... Care for the "Take a break from Realgm for baiting, take?"

And why the hell you talking? Can you give a quick update on how KD and Booker are doing in Cancun...

Never said it was Lakers fan. But you sure got offended like it was. If the shoe fits. And they're waiting for Lebron and AD to arrive. :lol:.

LOL... Your team was eliminated a week ago by the Nuggets... How the **** can you talk **** about a team losing to the Nuggets? :rofl: Like bro... really... Not only that, but you literally said 'If the shoe fits'... :lol:

Well... Does it? Weren't KD and Booker going to torch Joker?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#82 » by Kilroy » Sun May 21, 2023 4:26 am

Jamaal Murray has been lighting us up for 3 games... Why can't Beasley and Brown at least get a shot at defending him? Why did TT only get a minute...
Like what the hell is going on, in the Coaches meetings?... Do they even look at tape? Or is there some advanced stat dork just feeding them stats and probabilities with no one watching the actual games?

Ham has been trash, but still, we had our chances and our players just didn't execute... AD has had 2 terrific games against Joker and we still can't get a W...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,287

Post#83 » by tamaraw08 » Sun May 21, 2023 6:32 am

Ramona Shellburne’s hot take: Lebron is the new Russell Westbrook. Such a liability, now taking low % 3’s when get dared by the opposing team, and even fails to hit lay ups at times.
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,489

Post#84 » by JVL » Sun May 21, 2023 6:33 am

BEazy wrote:All these losers that come talking ish know that we overachieved this season. They want to make it seem like this season was a failure. We weren't even suppose to be here. The haters know we went far and beyond their favorite team and they just want to downplay our achievement. Watch out next season, we're going to be dangerous.

I'm proud of our guys.

**** loser mentality right here. You want to act tough with Mamba mentality in your signature? Kobe would be ashamed of this bull.

It’s stans like these that are the worst for any sports team. They have no expectations, create narratives so that anything that happens is a great thing they’re proud of and they always expect next year to be magically better.

Meanwhile we have a team with tons of cap space locked up in a to-be 39 year old who struggles to leave his mark on enemy teams and who is probably needing surgery in the off-season, a big man who can’t string together 2 consecutive good post-season games and who has been uncharacteristically healthy for an entire playoff run and a guy who is a black hole on offense and defense, which is exploited by every team with a talented guard (aka. every serious playoff team in today’s league).
Factor in the fact that we might have the worst coach among playoff teams including the Sixers.

We didn’t overachieve ****. This Lakers team is championship quality. Getting swept in the conference finals by a team whose star player is not having the best series of his life shouldn’t have been the end of the road for this team.

I’ve seen the games, I’m not proud.
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#85 » by Crooked-I » Sun May 21, 2023 8:45 am

Ham is an idiot for starting D'lo the last two games when everyone said to bench him. If D'lo is playing like trash then starting him next to Vando is a horrible move since we'll have two offensively inept players out there.

All in all it was a good run, we overachieved so I can't really complain. Smashed Dillon Bricks and dumbass Ja. And ended the Warriors dynasty. We just got beat by a better team this time around tbh. Nuggets offense was damn impressive. Ball movement was amazing. Well oiled machine.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#86 » by TylersLakers » Sun May 21, 2023 9:09 am

Damn.. hitting me that this teams season is coming to an end. The last 3-4 months have been so fun.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Re: ATTENTION LAKERS MEMBERS ESPECIALLY LEBRON.. 

Post#87 » by Ball so hard » Sun May 21, 2023 9:52 am

Kilroy wrote:If the Lakers don't win this game, it's officially the end of the LeBron/AD era... I can't imagine a better supporting cast... Maybe a better coach, but still... If they can't do it this season, they're not going to do it again... Time to think rebuild.

I’ve been pounding the 'rebuild' drum for about two years now. I thought the core of AD + Bron would never win another championship. I thought they were too injury-prone to win it all. Fast forward, AD is healthy but playing inconsistently, while LeBron’s game seemingly has fallen off a cliff. It’s all downhill from here for Bron, as he’ll be 39 in December.

It’s a shame that there are several good coaches available, and we’re stuck with Ham, since there’s about zero chance we’ll replace him anytime soon.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#88 » by BEazy » Sun May 21, 2023 9:57 am

JVL wrote:
BEazy wrote:All these losers that come talking ish know that we overachieved this season. They want to make it seem like this season was a failure. We weren't even suppose to be here. The haters know we went far and beyond their favorite team and they just want to downplay our achievement. Watch out next season, we're going to be dangerous.

I'm proud of our guys.

**** loser mentality right here. You want to act tough with Mamba mentality in your signature? Kobe would be ashamed of this bull.

It’s stans like these that are the worst for any sports team. They have no expectations, create narratives so that anything that happens is a great thing they’re proud of and they always expect next year to be magically better.

Meanwhile we have a team with tons of cap space locked up in a to-be 39 year old who struggles to leave his mark on enemy teams and who is probably needing surgery in the off-season, a big man who can’t string together 2 consecutive good post-season games and who has been uncharacteristically healthy for an entire playoff run and a guy who is a black hole on offense and defense, which is exploited by every team with a talented guard (aka. every serious playoff team in today’s league).
Factor in the fact that we might have the worst coach among playoff teams including the Sixers.

We didn’t overachieve ****. This Lakers team is championship quality. Getting swept in the conference finals by a team whose star player is not having the best series of his life shouldn’t have been the end of the road for this team.

I’ve seen the games, I’m not proud.

Hold on… Kobe got eliminated plenty of times and even got swept in the playoffs… Maybe you’re new to this team or something but I’ve been watching for a very long time. This isn’t my first rodeo buddy. This team had 3-4 months to gel as a unit and got this far into the playoffs. That is an achievement in itself. You’re just angry at the fact we couldn’t beat the number 1 seed in the Western Conference. THEY ARE THE 1ST SEED FOR A REASON…

If attacking me and my fandom is going to make your feeling better, then let it out. I know this team can make it back. That’s being a true fan. You acting like we’ll never get back to where we were makes me question your fandom…

Btw there’s nothing on my signature stating Mamba Mentality, so I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about…

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#89 » by LAKESHOW » Sun May 21, 2023 12:56 pm

Kilroy wrote:Jamaal Murray has been lighting us up for 3 games... Why can't Beasley and Brown at least get a shot at defending him? Why did TT only get a minute...
Like what the hell is going on, in the Coaches meetings?... Do they even look at tape? Or is there some advanced stat dork just feeding them stats and probabilities with no one watching the actual games?

Ham has been trash, but still, we had our chances and our players just didn't execute... AD has had 2 terrific games against Joker and we still can't get a W...

With this late half season scramble since midway thru the season, coach cannot lock into a line up. Start playing chemist and mix and match. If Beasley can hit 3s, then put him in.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#90 » by chefy » Sun May 21, 2023 2:41 pm

TylersLakers wrote:Damn.. hitting me that this teams season is coming to an end. The last 3-4 months have been so fun.

we did good.

aside from bad coaching, our option A /"superstar" being 38 year old has finally caught up with us.

you just can't have your best player not be able to create his own shots man. it's never gonna work.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,287

Post#91 » by tamaraw08 » Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm

DLo just lost a ton of money because of his WCF performance.
What worries me is that Lebron now might push Rob again to find a way to get Kyrie.
James will also have that I’ll get so much better once I get that foot surgery narrative.
End if 2024 Season, AD AND Lebron would be gone unless Jeannie wants to extend to sell tickets.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#92 » by stan francisco » Sun May 21, 2023 3:00 pm

Denver played harder. That’s why they’re up 3-0. That’s why coach Ham needs to go. There’s NO excuse for the other team playing harder. Not in an knockout series. That spirit to not die needs to come from the coach.

We tried, Ham. Buh-bye.

It’s dumb to start D Lo when the other coach exploits it three games in a row. What’s new for game 4?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,949

Post#93 » by mastermixer » Sun May 21, 2023 4:30 pm

-LeBron looks like he’s playing hurt out there.
-DLo is absolutely terrible.
-AD doing pretty much doing as he can.

-Murray has been lights out
-Their role players are also hitting tough shot
-Jokic is a monster.

They’re firing on all cylinders and we’ve still had a chance in the last two games.

We’re obviously not gonna win the series, but it was more competitive than we get credit for. I still blame Ham’s rotations tho
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#94 » by Landsberger » Mon May 22, 2023 2:09 am

tamaraw08 wrote:DLo just lost a ton of money because of his WCF performance.
What worries me is that Lebron now might push Rob again to find a way to get Kyrie.
James will also have that I’ll get so much better once I get that foot surgery narrative.
End if 2024 Season, AD AND Lebron would be gone unless Jeannie wants to extend to sell tickets.

Combine your first and second thoughts. This is how Russell got his current contract. It had nothing to do with his play. Durant wanted out and the only think NJ had was Russell to offer so GS took him on a max to offset Durant. They moved him as soon as they could... then Min moved as soon as they could. He's most likely going to stumble into that situation again. If Bron pushes for Kyrie, who better than Russell to sign to a max to trade? He will make $200M off of being a max-contract filler.
Fedor
Senior
And1: 332

Post#95 » by Fedor » Mon May 22, 2023 2:11 am

If Lowry can come off the bench for the Heat there’s no reason D Angelo can’t for us
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#96 » by LAKESHOW » Mon May 22, 2023 3:45 am

After watching our guardplay we have some parts and pieces in there. I am curious to see what transpires. GUARANTEED, Reaves is gonna receive a ton of offers. I hope we are serious and all in with this kid
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to Los Angeles Lakers