ImageImageImageImageImage

If the Lakers let Kwame's contract expire...............

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#41 » by Dirty Water » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:41 am

kwame for antoine walker
islander009
Junior
And1: 21

Post#42 » by islander009 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:46 am

kwame for for anotoine walker? you kidding me??? we do not need antoine walker, inconsistent like LO, and NO work ethic at all? sorry ill keep kwame...oh yeah and for another 3 years? NO
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#43 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:47 am

why on earth would we do that?
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#44 » by Mamba Venom » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:05 am

Brown, LO, Farmar for Elton Brand
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
wezbo
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#45 » by wezbo » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:34 am

if we let him expire, we still wont be under the cap, so id trade right now for any1 who can impact us even slightly,

wezbos list of players he want in l.a

Wilcox
Thomas
Artest
Nocioni
Haslem
Kirilenko
Kleiza
manny "pacman" pacquiao is the greatest
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#46 » by chefy » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:22 am

wezbo wrote:if we let him expire, we still wont be under the cap, so id trade right now for any1 who can impact us even slightly,

Wilcox
Thomas
Artest
Nocioni
Haslem
Kirilenko
Kleiza

nocioni!!!!! :nod: then trade radman
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#47 » by MAMBAEMD » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:58 am

wezbo wrote:if we let him expire, we still wont be under the cap, so id trade right now for any1 who can impact us even slightly,

Wilcox
Thomas
Artest
Nocioni
Haslem
Kirilenko
Kleiza

I'd add JO or Kidd also.
I like the list although a trade for any of these guys using Kwame is probably unrealistic. He has very little value other than an expiring contract.
For a team to want to trade for Kwame, it would need to be desperate enough to want to get rid of a very good player to get a Kwame in hopes of saving money.

The only teams that may consider doing that are the Nets(Kidd) the Pacers(JO) or The Kings(Artest; although they wouldn't do it to save money but to get rid of a major headcase like Artest)

I'm sorry but I don't see any team biting on Kwame. In fact, he may mean more to the Lakers for his interior defense than he would to any other team in the league.
Most likely scenario is that his contract expires and he resigns with the Lakers for part of MLE.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#48 » by SashAlex » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:25 am

The optimum sollution for Kwame is to sign for Lakers for less than MLE.

I don't want to give him more because he doesn't deserve.
Play defense and get your 4 mil.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#49 » by Dexmor » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:26 pm

You guys who want to keep Kwame are not seeing the games I see. You can get Jason Collins to be that defensive guy who can't score and at least he is healthy.

And I believe we can get Artest if we offer a pick and Farmar with Kwame.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#50 » by truth serum » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:09 pm

Like Mikey said- Kwame for Curry. I'm a Knick fan....I'd do it. I'm hoping (along with every Knick fan in existence) that we eventually go for a rebuild....bring in a new GM who wants to cut salary and makes trades like these. I think Curry could be huge for you guys...especially off the bench to just come in and score a ton of points. Would you do it?
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#51 » by Tommy Trojan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:12 pm

I would definitely love to see another trade that would benefit us. If Mitch can pull a trade just like he did earlier this season, we would be in a great shape to finish the season very strong.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#52 » by dockingsched » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:46 pm

hell no to eddie curry.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by MAMBAEMD » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:10 pm

At The Mecca wrote:Like Mikey said- Kwame for Curry. I'm a Knick fan....I'd do it. I'm hoping (along with every Knick fan in existence) that we eventually go for a rebuild....bring in a new GM who wants to cut salary and makes trades like these. I think Curry could be huge for you guys...especially off the bench to just come in and score a ton of points. Would you do it?

Not only no, but hell no.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#54 » by Dexmor » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:14 pm

How do you not trade Kwame for Curry. Of course I would do it. 19 points and 7 boards last year. These Laker fans think Kwame is good who say no, they are not accurate.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#55 » by dockingsched » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:29 pm

star24, with all your desire for big names and with all this last year this, earlier in his career that, u really need to stop playing nba 2k5 and move on to nba 2k8.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:38 pm

star24 wrote:You guys who want to keep Kwame are not seeing the games I see. You can get Jason Collins to be that defensive guy who can't score and at least he is healthy.

I have not missed more than one game in probably 10 years and I really dont like Kwame much at all. However, if you dont see that in the absence finding something better, Kwame can actually help us in one aspect that we will need in the playoffs. Defense. Jason Collins ? HA.. yes I know he is a "defender" but atleast Kwame has more impact.

And I believe we can get Artest if we offer a pick and Farmar with Kwame.

1) Whats the benefit for SAC? they give us Artest and make us contenders for the price of Farmar?
2) You dont think that deal hasnt been offered ?
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:42 pm

star24 wrote:How do you not trade Kwame for Curry. Of course I would do it. 19 points and 7 boards last year. These Laker fans think Kwame is good who say no, they are not accurate.

Curry is not an off the bench player that will give you 19/7. He is a center and he would compete with Bynum ( remember the guy you want to start every game?) It would not make sense to carry that contract on a second string DEFENSIVE liability who cant rebound to save his life. This is the back up center you want? This is the work ethic you want on this team? Curry on this team would be a terrible move and possibly a chemistry killer.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by MAMBAEMD » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:53 pm

Phil_2.0 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

1) Whats the benefit for SAC? they give us Artest and make us contenders for the price of Farmar?
2) You dont think that deal hasnt been offered ?

+1
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by MAMBAEMD » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:54 pm

Phil_2.0 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Curry is not an off the bench player that will give you 19/7. He is a center and he would compete with Bynum ( remember the guy you want to start every game?) It would not make sense to carry that contract on a second string DEFENSIVE liability who cant rebound to save his life. This is the back up center you want? This is the work ethic you want on this team? Curry on this team would be a terrible move and possibly a chemistry killer.

+2
ak777
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#60 » by ak777 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:22 pm

star24 wrote:How do you not trade Kwame for Curry. Of course I would do it. 19 points and 7 boards last year. These Laker fans think Kwame is good who say no, they are not accurate.

man..please stop.....this star24.....if you have bynum why would u do it? then how can he give us 19/whatever when he is not starting

Return to Los Angeles Lakers