ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers vs Pacers FSN Sunday 6:30pm

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

LAL4Life
Senior
And1: 3

Post#181 » by LAL4Life » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:59 am

U-Borat wrote:Yeah, Kwame had a decent face up game in Washington; that's wat precipiated our move to get him as a PF.
That failed miserably.

If he can drop 10-15 pounds or so, and work on that faceup game +short jumper...he'd be a PERFECT PF next to Bynum honestly

I think that guy was on the court tonight... In the wrong jersey.
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Post#182 » by Gerald3Wallace » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:01 am

great win..but i have 1 question

is kobe still injured? or is his shots just not falling...because so far this season he has been shooting under 40 % in alot of the games.
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#183 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:02 am

Gerald3Wallace wrote:great win..but i have 1 question

is kobe still injured? or is his shots just not falling...because so far this season he has been shooting under 40 % in alot of the games.

Think we should trade him??
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#184 » by Slava » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:03 am

Bynum kept us in the game early on and Kobe/Fish just seald the deal in the 2nd half. LO had a silent yet good game.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
andykeikei
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#185 » by andykeikei » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:04 am

CITYOFANGELSX3 wrote:Who do we play next?

We will play at Memphis
shawngoat23 wrote:I would say Walton's impact is Russell-esque, but he's really just a classical human being who defies comparison to anyone in the history of Western civilization.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#186 » by milesfides » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:06 am

To be fair to Kwame, he came from Washington as a power forward with some decent all-around skills and a lot of potential. We convinced him to focus on defense and rebounding, and asked him to play center. He did all of that, and sacrificed a lot of his game. He could have complained like many pampered players do, but he's been a pretty good soldier.

He's never had a chance to get back to that. The experiment with Mihm failed because our offense sucked at the time, and they were confused about their roles. They were both converted PFs who were playing center.

Now that Bynum is clearly the back-to-the-basket center, I think it would be worthwhile to try Kwame at PF - of course after enough training to equip him with the position change.

He would definitely have to lose some weight, but the main skill to regain would be the short jumper. His individual face-up game instincts are still there.

The only wrinkle is that Odom has been his most productive and comfortable at PF, despite the lip service about his natural "SF" position.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Post#187 » by Gerald3Wallace » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:08 am

CITYOFANGELSX3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Think we should trade him??

no..lol

we've been winning so we dont need a trade..lol..just wanted to know whats up him lately
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#188 » by Tommy Trojan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:08 am

Bynum was a beast again.
Very nice game played by our guys overall.
B-Scott
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#189 » by B-Scott » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:12 am

Great win again. I was hoping Bynum could get a 30 point game,but that's ok with Kobe, Lamar,Fisher stepping up in the 2nd half.

We're going to have to get Radmanovik and Sasha back healthy to get the bench back to how it was playing earlier in the year.

Im a big fan of Javaris Crittenton,but with Farmar as the lead PG off the bench,we need a backup SG who can simply catch and shoot. Farmar will penetrate and kick to Javaris and then he Re-penetrates. It throws off the rythym. Critt needs to improve on simply catching and shooting and not trying to always do ESPN Mix and 1 tape moves.
FukaX
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#190 » by FukaX » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:14 am

One thing phil found out today is that he cannot have farmar, crittenton, ariza, turiaf, and kwame all on the floor at the same time.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#191 » by semi-sentient » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:19 am

Yeah, that was a stupid lineup. Basically no one was doing anything and we were relying on Kwame to be our scorer. Critt looked especially bad. He either threw the ball away or caused the offense to stagnate.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#192 » by MAMBAEMD » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:28 am

Great win.
This despite a poor shooting first half from Kobe and inconsistent play from the bench.
That's the nice thing about this team. Usually, someone seems to step up and keep us in the game (with the exception of the Boston games and the loss in Utah). This team has many potential weapons unlike last year when Kobe was the only weapon.
Kobe really started to heat up in the second half and he put the game away in the fourth after Indiana made a run against our bench.
ChocolateThundr
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#193 » by ChocolateThundr » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:35 am

I have a question; did Phil acknowledge after the game that completely subbing our starters for our bench was a stupid idea?
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#194 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:36 am

Gerald3Wallace wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

no..lol

we've been winning so we dont need a trade..lol..just wanted to know whats up him lately

Yeah but maybe he's detiriating. A lot of miles on those legs..
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,830

Post#195 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:40 am

tkb wrote:23 points, 13 rebounds, 4 blocks for Bynum. Couple of assists too. I'm so happy with how he has stepped up this season.

:nod:

Those are All-Star numbers, and it's getting to the point where you almost take them for granted. That's an overstatement, of course. But damn. After last year, I keep waiting for the bottom to drop out....and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Those was shades of Shaq in the first half -- straight physically overpowering his man around the basket. And what I liked best, even though his scoring dropped off in the second, he continued to make an impact by attacking the boards.

Which is why great big men will always be the most coveted commodity in basketball. They can contribute in so many ways. Scoring, rebounding, efficient shooting, shot blocking...after what we've seen so far this season, with Drew excelling in all those facets and more, it's really hard to maintain one's restraint when it comes his potential.

It's a chiche, but the sky is very much the limit.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#196 » by Slava » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:14 am

We were all pretty quick to brush off any Shaq comparisons early on in his career but now that stubbornness and strength around the basket reminds me every bit of the big fella!
zen_4_10
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#197 » by zen_4_10 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:15 am

^^ who can hit his free throws ;-)
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#198 » by Slava » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:17 am

yeah and that habit seems contagious with Kwame making two consecutive FTs after a long long time. :lol:
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,830

Post#199 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:31 am

j-far wrote:We were all pretty quick to brush off any Shaq comparisons early on in his career but now that stubbornness and strength around the basket reminds me every bit of the big fella!

Drew's not nearly as quick, strong and agile as Diesel was -- nobody can match him in those areas but Wilt.

But I found myself having some definite flashbacks watching Indiana's undersized post men scramble to recover, and usually foul, while he gobbled up lob pass after lob pass around the rim.

Kid is just growing by leaps and bounds.

KG is another story altogether. But what a letdown it would have been to trade Drew for that jump-shooting, over-the-hill softie that is Jermaine O'Neal.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#200 » by SashAlex » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:39 am

Did we win ?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers