ImageImageImageImageImage

A little early but...

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Taiwan Killa
Banned User
And1: 0

A little early but... 

Post#1 » by Taiwan Killa » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:31 am

Do you guys think the Lakeshow can beat the Suns the 17th at home on TNT?

I'm kind of scared of this game. So far we've had the Suns but knowing Nash he'll probably watch tape against us and exploit our bad defense. I think we have to hit our outside shots or we might lose the game because Phoenix likes to pack it in on D. Also get Amare in foul trouble.
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2 » by Black Jesus 1 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:34 am

Meh. Probably.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#3 » by That Nicka » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:35 am

Does this deserve its own thread?
Kirk Moon
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Kirk Moon » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:44 am

A little early indeed.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,505

Post#5 » by The Laker Kid » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:55 am

That Nicka wrote:Does this deserve its own thread?

Yes, absolutely. It's a legit topic in my opinion. I think we can beat them. It's Possible. the last defeat was very humbling for coach D'Antoni. Expect a stronger comeback from the Suns this time..

(btw, I just saw your MySpace page..)
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Taiwan Killa
Banned User

Post#6 » by Taiwan Killa » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:58 am

That Nicka wrote:Does this deserve its own thread?

yEs it's the suns we're talking about here.

Plus I wanna impress Chuck on national TV. He keeps saying we're a 7-8 seed. So if we beat his Suns 3 times in a row he can't doubt us.
homester
Ballboy

Post#7 » by homester » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:19 am

Taiwan Killa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Plus I wanna impress Chuck on national TV. He keeps saying we're a 7-8 seed. So if we beat his Suns 3 times in a row he can't doubt us.

At this rate, 3 or 4 or even just 2 games off from first just might still be the 7-8 seed... Stupid Western Conference...
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#8 » by slifersd » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:27 am

I think you are making too big of a deal out of this one game. I know there is supposed to be a heated rivalry between the Lakers and the Suns, but at the end of the day, it doesn't necessarily matter who comes out on top during the regular season.

To me, this Lakers team only need to focus on winning all games they should win. So far this season, they have done a great job beating teams they should beat, unlikely last season, and their record shows that.

The Suns, somehow, feels to me like they are declining this year. I have always liked their style because they are so entertaining to watch. But it seems to me like they are not as sharp shooting the ball this season and their defense is even worse than before. Maybe it is still early in the season and they will turn it back on when playoff approaches, but they don't look like a top 3 team in the league this year. That's why beating this Suns team doesn't really make us an instant contender. With the way they have been playing, it is just not that big of a deal. Now, if you want to make a strong statement, beating Boston is a statement game, but as wel all know, we lost them both bad.
KObe Bryant
Analyst

Post#9 » by KObe Bryant » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:43 am

Some sun fans predicted that they'll lose the game. i predict a win but it's too early , the game is 3 weeks away.
EHL
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#10 » by EHL » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:45 am

I think the Lakers now match up a lot better with the Suns with the new Bynum in tow. So I'm not especially concerned, at least anymore than I would be against any other good playoff-tested team.
Lake Dynasty
Senior
And1: 1

Post#11 » by Lake Dynasty » Sun Jan 6, 2008 12:36 pm

Taiwan Killa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That so sad im lost for words :-?
tayzer
Junior
And1: 1

Post#12 » by tayzer » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:29 pm

Of course, the Suns can't run with us this year. They can't stop Bynum. Ariza is great on defense. Nash can't guard Fisher. Smush is gone. With that said we are way better than last year and we not playing the stagnant offense like we did. Our offense finally caught up with the SUns this year, and guess what, we are actually better than them at the run and gun style.

Expect another blow out by the Lak show. I'm not even worried about the Suns no more. The two teams I'm worry about are the Spurs n the Celtics.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#13 » by hermes » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:54 pm

Lake Dynasty wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That so sad im lost for words :-?

:rofl: ya i don't think the lakers need to prove anything to charles

it is a little early to be worrying about the suns
one game at a time
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#14 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:29 pm

I'm not worried about that game and I hope the Lakers aren't even thinkng about it. They should worry about Indiana for now.

Frankly what worries me about our schedule is the monster 9 game road trip coming up in early Feb.
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#15 » by Tommy Trojan » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:15 pm

It's going to be harder this time around, you know they will be fired up by all the hype. But, I will take our boys any day over those kids.
BrianFellow_17
Junior

Post#16 » by BrianFellow_17 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:21 pm

Taiwan Killa wrote:Plus I wanna impress Chuck on national TV.

Dwayne, is that you? He's not going to put you in his five ok? Just let it go man...

:lol:
Brian Fellow is not an accredited zoologist, nor does he hold an advanced degree in any of the environmental sciences. He is simply an enthusiastic young man with a sixth grade education and an abiding love for all of God's creatures.
ak777
Banned User

Post#17 » by ak777 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:47 pm

Man...we lost to the celtics twice this year. next year bynum would be a beast and critt and farmar would be legit....what do you guys think??? can we beat the celtics next year sometime?

I am scared but i think we can beat the celtics next year..
kobynum show
Freshman

Post#18 » by kobynum show » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:17 pm

Im not really worried about this game, we seem to have control over the suns this year.. i am worried about the hornets game this wed. though. they have four days off and we will be on the the 2nd night of a back to back..
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Re: A little early but... 

Post#19 » by RJM » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:10 am

Taiwan Killa wrote:Do you guys think the Lakeshow can beat the Suns the 17th at home on TNT?

I'm kind of scared of this game. So far we've had the Suns but knowing Nash he'll probably watch tape against us and exploit our bad defense. I think we have to hit our outside shots or we might lose the game because Phoenix likes to pack it in on D. Also get Amare in foul trouble.

Absolutely. We showed we can do it twice already, why not one more time?
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#20 » by SpaceJam » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:38 am

This is far ahead. This game would be offense oriented. Defensive stops will be very important. In the last few games lakers have been averaging over 110 points while suns are averaging just a bit under 110. Suns are letting there oppenents average 102 ppg while Lakers are giving up 103 points a game.
If both teams are playing alike, and when both at peak offensivley, this could be another 110 + night for both teams. But then again this is weeks away so things could change.
_________

Return to Los Angeles Lakers