ImageImageImageImageImage

"Kobe Shooting Too Much" Thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

zen_4_10
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#21 » by zen_4_10 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:38 pm

celtspacers wrote:Looks like the Lakers are headed for the Toilet. Kobe will start taking 40 shots a game and ware down before the playoffs. the Lakers will start losing and Bynum will never be the same when he comes back.

Yeah, it's not like we've lost 3 of the last 4 or anything....
celtspacers
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#22 » by celtspacers » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:39 pm

The Pacers had a good player a few years back named Clark kellogg he had the same injury. He came back but was never the same he retired early.
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#23 » by Gus McCrae » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:41 pm

The Pacers suck and have nothing to do with this.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,970

Post#24 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:42 pm

Too bad medical treatment hasn't advanced much since the 1980s.
celtspacers
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#25 » by celtspacers » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:43 pm

The Pacers and lakers both SUCK but your a Laker fan and cant figure it out.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#26 » by semi-sentient » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:44 pm

celtspacers wrote:Looks like the Lakers are headed for the Toilet. Kobe will start taking 40 shots a game and ware down before the playoffs. the Lakers will start losing and Bynum will never be the same when he comes back.

Thanks for your valuable input.

Would you be interested in trading Bynum for Pollard, since he'll be a shell of his former self?
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by semi-sentient » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:45 pm

celtspacers wrote:The Pacers and lakers both SUCK but your a Laker fan and cant figure it out.

Figure this out -- the Lakers are currently sitting atop the Western Conference.

Get bent, ballboy.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
zen_4_10
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by zen_4_10 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:49 pm

celtspacers wrote:The Pacers and lakers both SUCK but your a Laker fan and cant figure it out.

I was talking about the celts....can't you - whoever the hell you are a fan of - fans figure that out?
zen_4_10
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by zen_4_10 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:50 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:Too bad medical treatment hasn't advanced much since the 1980s.
:lol:
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#30 » by Kobay » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:56 pm

SoCAL24 wrote:I couldn't agree with both statements above anymore. Our players can hit shots! But if you take them out on offense they're not going to want to play defense. It's like playing pickup ball at the gym wit a guy who THINKS he's kobe and would rather take a 4 on 1 fadeaway than let an open teammate shoot. I was actually shocked to see what I saw last night.

"it takes 5"

check the efficiency

K. Bryant G -3
D. Fisher G -7
K. Brown C -5
L. Odom -1
L. Walton F -5
T. Ariza +14
J. Farmar +9
R. Turiaf +3
J. Crittenton +5

Why do you think the second unit has a plus rating?

Because they freaking played defense and forced so many to's.

Guess why first unit sucked on defense because most of them thought there was going to a secondary defender just like Bynum was there to rebound or block shots.

Our post defense was POS with kwame clueless and Lamar still thinking Drew Kwame was going to be there. We reverted back to last two year's post presence where teams were basically putting on a lay up practice on us. Did you forget how pathetic our defense was with Kwame and smush? Its the true impact of real talented player, a true center like Drew who made our post defense better unlike a first round pick bust like kwame.

Our offense was completely fine tonight thanks to kobe, we scored 110+ points by end of 4th. But we allowed them to score as much from stupid missed lay ups by odom when he didnt return or kwame standing around like (Please Use More Appropriate Word) not jumping for board cuz he a pu*** fa* just like MJ said.

You give up 14 offensive boards and let collison go for beast numbers like 30/20? We should be kissing kobe's feet for getting us a much needed win because we need every single one no matter what.
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#31 » by Tommy Trojan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:05 pm

All they are trying to do is get some more listeners. I think some of the stuff they say they might not even believe themselves. They want to make it interesting for the listeners.
ChocolateThundr
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#32 » by ChocolateThundr » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:17 pm

I do not get how we are blaming our team defensive problem on Kobe's 44 shots
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#33 » by Erik Eleven » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:19 pm

I've already given you one warning in this thread. Keep it up and I'll recommend a suspension.

EE
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#34 » by Gus McCrae » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:35 pm

okay, i just want to clarify my original point. Kobe was 3 shots short of tying his record for FG attempts. I thought it was excessive. Kobe also won the game for us because in the 4th quarter and OT he took over...straight up. If you read the Sonics board during the game; especially the second half; they were in awe of #24 (and hating on Durant)

I hope that with Bynum out Kobe won't have to take so many shots. Phil doesn't want him taking so many shots. To win, the other starters will need to be more effective AND Kobe will have to try his best to get them involved and build their confidence as he's done all season. If our starters begin to feel inferior, namely Odom, Walton and Kwame,we will be back to where we were last year.
what would jack bauer do?
Veteran
And1: 295

Post#35 » by what would jack bauer do? » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:43 pm

I think that Kobe needs to rely on Lamar and Luke more to generate offense. But let's be honest here, four days ago pretty much no one was expecting either of those guys to step up. We got two pass first guys in Luke and LO and now we don't have a center that can catch the ball. But heck, they both got 7 dimes, I wonder who they were passing to?

It's going to take some time to adjust to this. But to fault Kobe's game is just ridiculous. LO had a terrible game and as much as I like the 3pt shooting from Fish and Farmar, we can't simply rely on bulk 3pt shooting rather than looking to get into the paint or to the free throw line.

Yes, Kobe took 44 shots, but WE TOOK 102 SHOTS THAT GAME. That's 20 shots above our average of 82 shots per game (probably was lower than that because that's with the game in question averaged in). So no, it wasn't Kobe's shot attempts that were the reason the game was close, it was our defense.

Yeah our offense is still a problem, but I don't blame Kobe for the game that LO put up and how tentative Luke looks right now. If we're going to start blaming Kobe for taking to many shots; somebody tell me who we need to get the ball to? In the case of last night's game it's tough to find an answer.
Air Bryant
Junior
And1: 1

Post#36 » by Air Bryant » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:48 pm

what would jack bauer do? wrote:I think that Kobe needs to rely on Lamar and Luke more to generate offense. But let's be honest here, four days ago pretty much no one was expecting either of those guys to step up. We got two pass first guys in Luke and LO and now we don't have a center that can catch the ball. But heck, they both got 7 dimes, I wonder who they were passing to?

It's going to take some time to adjust to this. But to fault Kobe's game is just ridiculous. LO had a terrible game and as much as I like the 3pt shooting from Fish and Farmar, we can't simply rely on bulk 3pt shooting rather than looking to get into the paint or to the free throw line.

Yes, Kobe took 44 shots, but WE TOOK 102 SHOTS THAT GAME. That's 20 shots above our average of 82 shots per game (probably was lower than that because that's with the game in question averaged in). So no, it wasn't Kobe's shot attempts that were the reason the game was close, it was our defense.

Yeah our offense is still a problem, but I don't blame Kobe for the game that LO put up and how tentative Luke looks right now. If we're going to start blaming Kobe for taking to many shots; somebody tell me who we need to get the ball to? In the case of last night's game it's tough to find an answer.

+1
You can't stop, what you can't catch! KB24
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#37 » by iamworthy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:50 pm

D.Wade is down in Miami passing the ball and taking around 15-20 shots a game. Hows that working out? Keep pulling Kobe. Whatever it takes to win until Drewski gets back. If and when Drewski comes back and he is still pulling like this.....We can talk ,but until then I have no problem.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by semi-sentient » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:56 pm

iamworthy wrote:D.Wade is down in Miami passing the ball and taking around 15-20 shots a game. Hows that working out? Keep pulling Kobe. Whatever it takes to win until Drewski gets back. If and when Drewski comes back and he is still pulling like this.....We can talk ,but until then I have no problem.

Wade's supporting cast is considerably worse than ours, so that's not a very good comparison. Also, no one is saying that Kobe shouldn't shoot more, just that he shouldn't shoot excessively as he did against the Sonics. There is no reason to shoot over two guys when guys like Fisher and Walton are both wide open.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#39 » by Erik Eleven » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:03 am

Kobe took too many shots yesterday, no doubt. However, I think he did it because he was worried about this young team's ability to instantly adjust to playing without Drew. No big deal, really. We won. I expect him to gradually start playing more team ball / smarter over the next few games. I disagree with how he played, but I think that's why he did it.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#40 » by iamworthy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:19 am

semi-sentient wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wade's supporting cast is considerably worse than ours, so that's not a very good comparison. Also, no one is saying that Kobe shouldn't shoot more, just that he shouldn't shoot excessively as he did against the Sonics. There is no reason to shoot over two guys when guys like Fisher and Walton are both wide open.

Walton looks lost out there right now. He's not even looking for the shot. Anyone who watched the game last night shouldnt have a problem with what Kobe did. Not saying you didnt watch the game.....just sayin! Fisher was the only one other than Kobe in the starting five hittin shots.

Lamar 3-15
Luke 1-6
Fish 5-10
Kwame 3-4

Lamar pisses me off. He wants to be the third option but wants to get paid like the second option. Lamar will be exposed again now that Bynum is out. Sorry I went off on a tangent .

Return to Los Angeles Lakers