ImageImageImageImageImage

The Lakers Appreciation Thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

trippy
Banned User
And1: 0

The Lakers Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by trippy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:49 am

Thinking about the past, there's rarely a fair deal when trading a Franchise player. If you think about it, we have remained playoff bound while rebuilding in a matter of 3 years, and now we're contenders. I don't remember any other teams that has recovered as fast us (Ex. Bulls, Knicks). We gave up 2 years (of contender status) in exchange for the upcoming 5-8 years or even more for that same status. We have a great organization, but we have very spoiled fans including me.

Everything is happening for a reason.

From Shaq leaving, to us stinking for one year, to the Bynum drafting, getting back PJ, Mo Evans trade, Farmar drafting, Critt draft, and Ariza trade.

Now everything is unfolding. Even if the Lakers have another 1st round exit this year, next year will be our year. To win it all? I don't know, but I'll be here cheering them on.

All in all, let's give it up for our organization. To us fans, to our training staff, to our coaching staff, to the owners Jerry and Jim (nice call on Bynum), to our players, to Kobe for not leaving, and the underrated puppermaster behind it all Mitch F-ing Kupchak.

Even if the Lakers struggles for the rest of the season, let's let them know we still got their backs. Because every elite team has their injuries, but only the Championships teams are left standing in the end. For now, we will struggle. But next year, we will dominate but this time we will dominate for the next several years to come!

Through thick and thin.. Go Lakers!!
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#2 » by Tommy Trojan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:01 am

It's in the blood
diturral
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#3 » by diturral » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:42 am

lakers for life!

neeeeef.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#4 » by hermes » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:30 pm

you forgot the kwame trade

o wait nvrmind
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#5 » by TylersLakers » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:56 pm

hermes wrote:you forgot the kwame trade

o wait nvrmind

:rofl:
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#6 » by Dexmor » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:27 pm

What would be amazing is if we miss the playoffs and then win the lotto and get O.J. Mayo.
What happens next year when Oden gets back? Although I have to say even though they are winning without Oden I still fear them less even if they end up with the best record in the West because Oden doesn't scare me nearly as much because I think Bynum is head and shoulders above Oden. He is just a good a rebounder close in shot blocks and Bynum is healthy overall so he is probably more athletic now and his is superior offensively.

I think the Lakers deserve alot of credit also by getting 2 of the biggest steals 2 years in a row. Andrew Bynum is the biggest steal since Kobe Bryant and probably the second best steal of alltime. When has a superstar Center ever gone 10th or close to 10? Bogut,Bargnani,Kwame,Kandi,Smith all of those guys went first.
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#7 » by El Hardee » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:32 pm

Kalel24 wrote:What would be amazing is if we miss the playoffs and then win the lotto and get O.J. Mayo.
What happens next year when Oden gets back? Although I have to say even though they are winning without Oden I still fear them less even if they end up with the best record in the West because Oden doesn't scare me nearly as much because I think Bynum is head and shoulders above Oden. He is just a good a rebounder close in shot blocks and Bynum is healthy overall so he is probably more athletic now and his is superior offensively.

I think the Lakers deserve alot of credit also by getting 2 of the biggest steals 2 years in a row. Andrew Bynum is the biggest steal since Kobe Bryant and probably the second best steal of alltime. When has a superstar Center ever gone 10th or close to 10? Bogut,Bargnani,Kwame,Kandi,Smith all of those guys went first.
Are you crazy, screw the lottery, when healthy we can make some serious noise. Serious question Star are you a Laker fan? Why would a true fan want his team to tank, especially when we were in 1st before AB went down. We are getting Bynum back soon and we will be ready for the playoffs.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#8 » by hermes » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:37 pm

the lakers will keep their heads above water and make the playoffs
just because bynum got hurt and we lost to the suns doesn't mean its the end of the season and we have to start worrying about how many ping pong balls we have

lets just take a deep breath and hope the lakers get it together soon

Return to Los Angeles Lakers