ImageImageImageImageImage

DJ Mbenga almost a done deal.

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#61 » by TonyMontana » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:32 pm

El Hardee wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I believe he is already the Prime Minister of Mbengastan.

Really I thought it was Mbenasoiyan that was the Prime Minister of Mbegasatan .

You sure ? :rofl:
ahwi_quacoe
Senior
And1: 3

Post#62 » by ahwi_quacoe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:41 pm

for you guys advocating a Chris Webber comeback , the man is done . After a couple of plays where he lets his man go up for an easy lay up , you will forget that he ever looked like an all star. And he is one of the most disruptive forces in the locker room you will ever find . The lakers definitely don't need to put a guy like that around a young Bynum and undo everything Kareem is teaching and Kobe is imparting about hard work. Trust me . Not for one or two assists a game . Oh yeah and I guarantee he will want to start. Chris is delusional.!!!!!!!!!
8'sReverse
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Southern California~ Watching the only LA NBA team, the Lakers!

Post#63 » by 8'sReverse » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:32 pm

We'll see how this pans out... if Mbenga is really in there to just rebound/block/foul whenever he can then we have our guy, for a 10-day contract it doesn't seem all that bad now.
Charles Barkley wrote:"I've got TWO words for you... 'Chris Paul and Steve Nash, must see TV'!"
zenmaster2323
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#64 » by zenmaster2323 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:10 am

I'm really liking the Mbenga signing, especially after what I saw last night. This guy definitely puts in the effort based on his physical conditioning. With the help of Kareem and others, he could definitely be a force down low. Obviously he is dedicated to his body, so it seems that he would be dedicated to learning to play basketball better and who better than to teach him than master Kareem.

We'll see how this pans out but I am predicting that Mbenga will be starting over Kwame within 3 weeks.
10scott10
Veteran
And1: 40

Post#65 » by 10scott10 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:28 am

Minhee wrote:Mbenga is my boy now! I love the fact that he came in and hustle going after those block shots even if it was garbage time. MBENGA for PRESIDENT!

his dad was almost the president of the congo.
Ming Kong! wrote:Greg Oden = Rickrolling a franchise
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Post#66 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:06 am

pdub15 wrote:Oh yeah everyone talks about the Mavs and Warriors letting him go. Mavs have 2 centers that Avery loves and Nellie only wants small guys that play a fast paced offensive minded game.

Nellie said the cut was due to nothing Mbenga did or didn't do. The real reason is probably because Nellie needed a PG to back up Baron when Troy Hudson went down... and they ended up using the roster spot for D-League PG CJ Watson.
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

dj 

Post#67 » by b shaw20 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:06 am

zenmaster2323 wrote:I'm really liking the Mbenga signing, especially after what I saw last night. This guy definitely puts in the effort based on his physical conditioning. With the help of Kareem and others, he could definitely be a force down low. Obviously he is dedicated to his body, so it seems that he would be dedicated to learning to play basketball better and who better than to teach him than master Kareem.

We'll see how this pans out but I am predicting that Mbenga will be starting over Kwame within 3 weeks.

....wwhhhhuuuuaaaaat? LOLROF
zen_4_10
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#68 » by zen_4_10 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:09 am

This guy might be the worst NBA player I've ever seen. Too early to tell but definitley a front runner.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#69 » by Erik Eleven » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:32 am

Mbenga is six fouls per game, for ten days. Nothing to take too seriously. If he gets a bucket before he leaves, we should throw a party.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers