ImageImageImageImageImage

Webber not down with post play anymore?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#21 » by TonyMontana » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:30 am

second_coming32 wrote:Heres some facts, he nearly averaged a double double with the pistons last year and the Pistons improved immediately after he joined the Roster. He's a big man that can help us more than Kwame and Mihm can, and I'm not worried about the chemistry they way that Phil and Kobe are running the team.

Here are my reason's why I dont like CWebb.
C.Webb disappears at crunch time , we have seen it over and over again since we had to go through the Kings of our 3 peat , he has no low-post presence what so ever and isnt this one of the reasons we need him ?
He is a cancer who demands authority ...... Hint Kobe and him will have a lot of problems .............. A lot .
You bring up Detroit but he gets pushed around by your average Joe specially on offense so settles for jumpers on the perimeter which he isnt known for being affective from there , yet he was effective since he had C.Billups and R.Wallce to save his A55 .
Were not able to do that .
He is by far one of the most overrated players in the game .
I never liked his game nor did I ever like him as a Player , I have met him many many times and he is one of the biggest self centered individuals on this planet .
Also this is a team sport and we all know that CWebb doesnt like to practice since HE THINKs he is too good to practice .

So for me , I hope that he never ever wear's the P&G .
Only God knows what happens IF we win the tilte with him .
I can only imagine this guy's ego after that .
"I brought the title to LA " "They could have never won it without me"
Can you imagine , I know I can .
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,391

Post#22 » by Danny Darko » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:21 am

If we win a title with him he can brag all he wants. He could take credit for the internet as long as we win it all.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#23 » by Sofa King » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:24 am

F U Webber!
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#24 » by milesfides » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:01 am

The thing is Webber hasn't been a post player since like, what 10 years ago?

Yeah, yeah, he's played center for the Pistons last year, but that's not his game.

He likes to shoot that midrange, pass, and he'll grab some boards.

Defense and low post scoring? Nah.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#25 » by Slava » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:04 am

You're bracing yourself for a heart attack if you expect him to play in the low post at this point in his career or even when he was traded to Philly. He's never been a banger at PF, a nice finesse player with a consistent fade away in the 15 foot range is all we want of him along with playing a couple of 1-2s with Kobe, LO and lUke etc because of his good passing game.

We have our physical specimen in Kwame, Turaif and Bynum to do that stuff and I'd be happy if Webber can provide us a consistent error free 20 mins either as a starter or from the bench.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
crackjack
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#26 » by crackjack » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:53 pm

Webber can still be effective as a high post player.

Probably better not to clog the lanes for Bynum anyways.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers