jordan farmar just isn't that good

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

jordan farmar just isn't that good 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:18 am

i don't think farmar has a future with this team, especially with the financial strains the team is going to be in and his impending new deal. he's out of control on the court, and seemingly has a sort of ego off of it. will add more thoughts later, but wanted to get the ball rolling.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
laka4life
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: jordan farmar just isn't that good 

Post#2 » by laka4life » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:25 am

He's a **** worthless piece of ****
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#3 » by TylersLakers » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:25 am

He's garbage. I'm sorry to say, but he could possibly be worse on defense than Smush was.

The sad thing is.. he has so much talent. Good shooting, good passing.. but he works on one aspect of the game and when that area goes south, so does the rest of him.

Phil said we'd see more Shannon Brown. We saw him for 3 minutes and 21 seconds. Can we see more? At least he makes an effort, defensively.

What's it going to take to wake up this team? That's the question. What's it going to take? I've been stressing that after pretty much each loss. "Well, maybe this will be a wake-up call." Have they not gotten the point? We're fighting for home court advantage, and we're giving up huge leads to make things close at the end?

This is what costed us the Championship last season! Up 24 to Boston in the 3rd quarter and we BLEW IT. That costed us the Championship.

Well, enough ranting.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#4 » by TylersLakers » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:26 am

laka4life wrote:He's a **** worthless piece of ****

That was my second choice of words to say about Farmar. Thank you, man, for taking the words right out of my mouth. :rofl:
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#5 » by Throwback24 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:30 am

What will he have to do to redeem himself?
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Killua
Banned User

Post#6 » by Killua » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:44 am

Throwback24 wrote:What will he have to do to redeem himself?

OOO i dont know maybe learn how to freaking run the tri and stop making so many turn overs. Every time he is in the game is when we lose leads its pathetic and im tired of him he just needs 2 go. Maybe we can get a 2nd round pick for him or something in the offseason
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Post#7 » by dockingsched » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:44 am

alright, to add some more thoughts:

defensively, which is people's biggest gripe with farmar....he just doesn't put in the effort. he gets burned all the time. sure, a pg shouldn't be expected to keep his man out of the paint on their own, but it seems like his ability to even put up a fight is non-existent. who knows if there is still a communication problem that farmar previously asserted, but he doesn't seem to be on the same page as anyone else on the court.

offensively, his shot is back to its mediocre self, and he is REALLY turnover prone. farmar has probably suffered the most from not having odom/ariza/bynum with him on the court, but he needs to be able to play with kobe/gasol if he is going to be with this team post-rookie deal.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
laka4life
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by laka4life » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:47 am

TylersLakers wrote:
laka4life wrote:He's a **** worthless piece of ****

That was my second choice of words to say about Farmar. Thank you, man, for taking the words right out of my mouth. :rofl:

No **** problem. I'm not going to be like others on this board and sugarcoat things and say it will get better. He's done this for 67 games people!!!!!!

He's not answer period.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#9 » by Anklebreaker702 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:12 am

Throwback24 wrote:What will he have to do to redeem himself?
He has to start being smarter. His +/- ratio tonight was -20 (horrible)!
VETERAN LAKER FAN
fareweatherfan
Senior
And1: 1

Post#10 » by fareweatherfan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:18 am

I'm assuming this was spurred by his play in tonight's game.

I DID NOT watch tonights game and know nothing about it, but I agree with everything posted. Have thought so for a long while.
wfiles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#11 » by wfiles » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:18 am

Farmar's style of play doesn't fit with this team. He'll do great on a team like the Warriors where he doesn't need to play defense and can jack up shots all day.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#12 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:35 am

Does anybody realize we haven't had a good PG since Nick VanExel ? We tolerate D-Fish but at the same time Fish has helped the franchise succeed greatly. Since Nick has left it's been Ron Harper, Fish (those two by default), Chucky Atkins and sorry Smush. Bottom line is this Mitch has to fix this spot to the point where we have a guy in place for a solid 10 to 13 seasons.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
butter17
Starter

Post#13 » by butter17 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:41 am

Farmar is a dummy.
wfiles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#14 » by wfiles » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:02 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Does anybody realize we haven't had a good PG since Nick VanExel ? We tolerate D-Fish but at the same time Fish has helped the franchise succeed greatly. Since Nick has left it's been Ron Harper, Fish (those two by default), Chucky Atkins and sorry Smush. Bottom line is this Mitch has to fix this spot to the point where we have a guy in place for a solid 10 to 13 seasons.

kidd, miller, and nash might be available and are quick fixes for a few years. the player the lakers should take a serious look at is ramon sessions. he's only 22 years old and getting ready to break out and become an all-star caliber point guard.
doozyj
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Post#15 » by doozyj » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:24 am

I think I said this a long time ago. I felt Critteton has more talent, hell I even think Shannon Brown has more potential. Don't get me wrong I like the guy and attitude but he just doesn't fit in the mold of style the Lakers play.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#16 » by Dr Aki » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:16 am

the dude is feeling the pressure to perform

being asked to be an offensive spark off the bench, provide heady decisions and play good defense all at the same time
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#17 » by TonyMontana » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Akiho wrote:the dude is feeling the pressure to perform

being asked to be an offensive spark off the bench, provide heady decisions and play good defense all at the same time

Haaaa? Is it me or are you waiting for someone to reply......... SO WHAT?
I mean thats is what is expected of him as well every other professional athlete that are getting paid millions of dollars to play a game.
So I ask a again, So whats the problem??
If he cant handle it then maybe he needs to walk away.
vinnycorleone
Banned User

Post#18 » by vinnycorleone » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:14 pm

Yeah I agree with Tony.

If you can't handle the heat. Get out the kitchen.

I've been hearing good things about Joe Crawford (the guy we drafted). Maybe we bring him up next year. And then sign a veteran defensive PG. Earl Watson? Duhon would have been perfect. Lindsay Hunter?

Someone who can D up. Nash has flaws defensively same as KIDD. Andre Miller will be to expensive.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#19 » by TonyMontana » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:33 pm

What pissed me off about last nights game and Phill is his inability to control his players.
He gives them too much credit.
For example, when we started to lose our lead Sasha and Luke were takin out the game casue they basically SUCKED and then after that neither did Sasha or Luke got off their asses and came in the huddle, they sat there and pouted like two little kids that were mad at their parnets for being disciplined.
I mean what kind of a coach can sit there and allow two full grown men to act like children.
P.J doesnt have control of this team or its players.
I cant believe he allows this kind of behavior by a group of so called professionals.
Its like these players have absolutely no respect for him as a coach.
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#20 » by miggs » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:46 pm

vinnycorleone wrote:Yeah I agree with Tony.

If you can't handle the heat. Get out the kitchen.

I've been hearing good things about Joe Crawford (the guy we drafted). Maybe we bring him up next year. And then sign a veteran defensive PG. Earl Watson? Duhon would have been perfect. Lindsay Hunter?

Someone who can D up. Nash has flaws defensively same as KIDD. Andre Miller will be to expensive.

Funny u mention Joe Crawford, i'll be seein him play live on 4/5/09 for that free game against the Utah Flash.

I don't understand what's going on with Farmar, i went to high school with the guy and followed his career at UCLA, the guy's got SOOOOO much heart and will to win, itz crazy! his leadership and maturity has always been beyond his years, however now it's like he doesn't care at all!!! it's so frustrating cuz i know the guy has so much talent and potential to be an elite point guard, his work ethic is unquestionable until this season, he's just shut down and who knows why? plus that ego's gotta go cuz until he's got at least an all-star appearance he's still a scrub who's ruining the bench mob.
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust

Return to Los Angeles Lakers