ImageImageImageImageImage

Portland Trail Blazers?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

joe.linnen
Banned User
And1: 0

Portland Trail Blazers? 

Post#1 » by joe.linnen » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:54 pm

Todays game got me thinking about the playoffs. I want to play them but I also want to play the Spurs again. A series with Portland would be nice tho. I can see the Lakers going up 2-0 with the Trail Blazers stealing one in there house and the Lakers coming back to end it in five games. Or the Trail Blazers win both at home and we come back in win games five and six. I really don't see them pushing us to a games seven, but I won't rule it out the team has all the tools they need, but I wonder do they have the know how? I must say that I would love to see this series tho, it would be one of the best.
LA Warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Re: Portland Trail Blazers? 

Post#2 » by LA Warrior » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:21 pm

for sure would be a good series. i'd like to get this rivilary going again. the way that they have a similiar team set up is crazy. every position is a good match up and more importantly they want it. basketballs all about match ups... and this ones a good one. HOPEFULLY we see them in the playoffs would be very entertaining and at the end of the day thats what its all about.
Greatest comment I've ever received.
Phil Jackson wrote:I've never really had a favorite poster but this guy might be it. The symbolism he uses is deep and ****.
Andre 2999
Sixth Man
And1: 49

Post#3 » by Andre 2999 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:29 pm

I really hope that the Blazers advance past the first round, because I would love nothing more than another Lakers/Blazers playoff matchup!
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#4 » by Sinobas » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:40 pm

Oh, we're going to "steal one" in Portland? The place where you haven't won in how many years? :roll:
LA Warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#5 » by LA Warrior » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Sinobas wrote:Oh, we're going to "steal one" in Portland? The place where you haven't won in how many years? :roll:

So because we havent won there the last few years now we never will? please. remember "you guys" would have to win on our court, we dont need to win on yours. but in the playoffs i'm sure we could do it anyway.
Greatest comment I've ever received.
Phil Jackson wrote:I've never really had a favorite poster but this guy might be it. The symbolism he uses is deep and ****.
Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 645

Post#6 » by Desiderium » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:35 pm

idk about u guys..but i'd like the easiest trip to the finals...portland isnt exactly the easiest way. i would much rather play a ginobili-less spurs team.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#7 » by microfib4thewin » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Sinobas wrote:Oh, we're going to "steal one" in Portland? The place where you haven't won in how many years? :roll:

Doesn't understand playoff basketball.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,968

Post#8 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:41 pm

The Blazers are 4-15 in L.A. since Staples opened in 2000 -- 6-19 including playoffs -- with losses in eights of their last nine visists. So it's not like they're doing any better down there than we are up there. We'll have homecourt, so...do the math.
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#9 » by rand0m » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Even with a subpar regular season performance we had chances to win. Not to mention this is Drew's 2nd game back. Starter minutes were down and bench minutes up. As a portland fan, I would focus more on how they play on the road rather than the Laker's streak at the rose garden.
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#10 » by lakersfanatic » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:33 pm

That would be a great series. We match up with them pretty well. I mean they have two bigs and so do we. Technically they built it to go against us and it worked pretty well. Other than some ill advised plays down the stretch and gawd the calls.. shessh.. We can beat them.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#11 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:47 pm

when was the last time the blazers played a game that really counted? and I also recall the last time these 2 teams played against eachother on games that count and how that went for you guys. 8-)
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:50 pm

Scandalouzzzz wrote:idk about u guys..but i'd like the easiest trip to the finals...portland isnt exactly the easiest way. i would much rather play a ginobili-less spurs team.
to be honest I would rather have a battle tested squad in the finals than an unchallenged one.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#13 » by supaflash » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:28 pm

Its the only streak we haven't busted this year so bring it on :wink:
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#14 » by PDXKnight » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:44 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
when was the last time the blazers played a game that really counted? and I also recall the last time these 2 teams played against eachother on games that count and how that went for you guys. 8-)

Umm, last night? They've beaten a lot of good teams in the past ten games and while granted the rest of the teams were garbage, coming back from the Spurs when we were 19 down, blowing out the Jazz, and managing a Blowout on the Suns to essentially put them out of the playoff picture for good cannot be understated. We've come through in a lot of huge games down the stretch and while I would agree that it's far more likely that LA would win one in Portland than Portland would win one in LA, I cannot agree with your statement that the Blazers haven't played games that matter because our entire stretch run has been key to our playoff positioning and I'd say HCA (if they can get it) or at least the 5th seed is quite a difference between playing on the road for 4 games against Denver or LA.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:44 pm

Oden2 wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:

Umm, last night? They've beaten a lot of good teams in the past ten games and while granted the rest of the teams were garbage, coming back from the Spurs when we were 19 down, blowing out the Jazz, and managing a Blowout on the Suns to essentially put them out of the playoff picture for good cannot be understated. We've come through in a lot of huge games down the stretch and while I would agree that it's far more likely that LA would win one in Portland than Portland would win one in LA, I cannot agree with your statement that the Blazers haven't played games that matter because our entire stretch run has been key to our playoff positioning and I'd say HCA (if they can get it) or at least the 5th seed is quite a difference between playing on the road for 4 games against Denver or LA.

microfib4thewin wrote:
Doesn't understand playoff basketball.
Forum permissions