ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #82 Lakers (64-17) v.s. Jazz (48-33) 4/14 @ 7:30pm

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: Game #82 Lakers (64-17) v.s. Jazz (48-33) 4/14 @ 7:30pm 

Post#181 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:53 am

First phase of the battle is won.......their mental state is shot. Boozer is going to opt out,plus going through a divorce, Milsap is going to get an offer the Jazz can't or won't match. Just too much stuff going through their minds right now.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,301

Post#182 » by Dr Aki » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:35 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:First phase of the battle is won.......their mental state is shot. Boozer is going to opt out,plus going through a divorce, Milsap is going to get an offer the Jazz can't or won't match. Just too much stuff going through their minds right now.

i highly doubt someone will offer more than 6/7 mil per for millsap, jazz can use the 9 or so mil vacated by boozer to easily match whatever millsap's agent can negotiate

i just dont see how they wont re-sign millsap seeing as hes RFA
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#183 » by lakersfanatic » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:06 pm

totally surprised that phil used our starters that much... probably cuz he preferred to play utah during the playoffs but we did very well. With Okur coming back.. i hope that doesn't cause any troublesome matchups..
GO Lakers!
Minhee
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#184 » by Minhee » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Jerry Sloan is a classy guy and always has been, while he is not playing mind games but I'm sure it isn't in his competitive nature to giveup. He respects the Lakers for obvious reasons, so what did you guys expexct? For him to say we are going to go GSW on them and become the 2nd 8th seed to win in a best of 7 in round 1? He is not going to say LA is overrated like George Karl hinted. Sloan said this to fire his team up because he knows his team is up for a tall task but in that locker room rest assure he is trying to find a way to get the upset.

I still think this will go 6, they will win in Utah, best case scenerio for us is if we take this in 5 but Energy Solutions just isn't an easy place to win like the Rose Garden.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#185 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:20 pm

Everybody keeps saying how this series will go 6 how ? It's like this, for one the Jazz severely lack the frontline depth and size the Lakers have. Hell the 5th guy is DJ and he's a hell of a lot better than Jason Collins in my opinion.........what does Collins do besides hack ? At least DJ will block a couple of shots in the few minutes he's in a game.

Last year we only had Fish and Jordan to check D-Will and Kobe if he got super out of control hot, but now we have Shannon who's built like Fish but bigger, faster and more athletic and can finish at the hole better than Jordan. So now it won't just be D-Will abusing Jordan like he did last playoffs, he'll see different guys to take turns wearing him down.

The Jazz can claim all they want on how they think that matchup with us but they don't period. This series will end in 5, yeah maybe the Jazz win the one "emotional" Game 3 cause Game 3's are always tough on the team up 2-0. It just about adjusting to the refs style in the other arena. I'm saying 5 but if we some how get Game 3 it's over in 4 this team now has experience on how to close and Kobe plus Fish will be on their tails to be ready to finish.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers