ImageImageImageImageImage

Hollinger Strikes Again

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Plastered
Junior
And1: 0

Hollinger Strikes Again 

Post#1 » by Plastered » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:00 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-090415

I am amazed that he decided to leave Kobe off of the all defensive team, granted he has decided to conserve his energy a little bit more this year because of the longevity of last season, but I still do believe he is at least in the top 3 for SG. Wade is looked at because he has had a 100+ block season which is historic for a guy his size, however looking at their pure defensive capabilities, I don't believe Wade is worth the hype - he is more of a help-side defender catching people off guard. Just my take.

Can't wait to see what Hollinger has to say about his precious Celtics now that Garnett is out as well! LOL
LBJ6GOAT wrote:The league always schedules the lakers for a game that they're going to win., its ridiculous
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Re: Hollinger Strikes Again 

Post#2 » by That Nicka » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:09 pm

dude... Kobe is not the lock down defender he once was... I wouldnt be surprised to see him make one of the teams, but its not like he is an annual first team shoe in like he was in the early 00s
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#3 » by TonyMontana » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:12 pm

Honestly I think this and all the MVP talks and COY is beyond Phil Kobe and The Lakers.
Our main focus is the Chip PERIOD. SKIP the rest of appetizer B.S give me the main course, and thats a title and Finals MVP and Phils 10 title to surpass Red.
THATS ALL I WANT.
Plastered
Junior

Post#4 » by Plastered » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:13 pm

so you would put kidd ahead of him for the all defensive team? im not saying he is all first defensive team as he was in the past, im just saying that he isn't at the place where he is left off of altogether.
LBJ6GOAT wrote:The league always schedules the lakers for a game that they're going to win., its ridiculous
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#5 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:27 pm

Man I don't know why y'all get all worked up over this (Please Use More Appropriate Word), geek, stat freak.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#6 » by Slava » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:29 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:Man I don't know why y'all get all worked up over this (Please Use More Appropriate Word), geek, stat freak.

:rofl:

but yeah Kobe doesn't really need to be mentioned there but Kidd ahead of him is a little specious reasoning.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
magic1fan
Starter

Post#7 » by magic1fan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:36 pm

kobe can be lockdown when he wants to. he doesn't do it alot now,he mainly saves it for when he is facing starts. with that said i agree with deep here. hollinger is not respected by anyone but stat geeks. does anyone notice that most of the great players who played the game hardly ever agree with mr stat man?
Only on realgm is 27,000 points, 5 rings, 1 rs mvp and 2 finals mvp considered overrated!
kobesmyhomie
Senior
And1: 5

Post#8 » by kobesmyhomie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:44 pm

TonyMontana wrote:Honestly I think this and all the MVP talks and COY is beyond Phil Kobe and The Lakers.
Our main focus is the Chip PERIOD. SKIP the rest of appetizer B.S give me the main course, and thats a title and Finals MVP and Phils 10 title to surpass Red.
THATS ALL I WANT.

I conquer.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#9 » by That Nicka » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Plastered wrote:so you would put kidd ahead of him for the all defensive team?

yeah I guess you have a point there... I would probably go with

Wade
Artest
James
Duncan
Howard

Rondo
Kobe
Battier
GWallace
Yao

HM: Granger, Kidd, Billups
fareweatherfan
Senior
And1: 1

Post#10 » by fareweatherfan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:38 pm

Tony just got conquered...
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#11 » by TonyMontana » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:18 am

fareweatherfan wrote:Tony just got conquered...

I DID.............. loll
I dont think thats what he ment................. OR MAYBE HE DID :lol:
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#12 » by supaflash » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:18 am

Thus, we need my subjective element as well.

At least he finally admitted his formula's are a joke. His PER is completely based on arbitrary values that he sets as the standard for the season and whatever he deems the stats are worth to the overall score. Not to mention it doesn't understand defence. Don't even get me started on that new score he added where he just multiplies stats by minutes. Where basically if you play more minutes and put up stats you rise way up... umm last time I checked if you can put up great stats in LESS minutes you are better...

Holinger is a tool who doesn't know the game as well as he talks. I actually sorta started to like him when I listened to an interview with the Sports Guy, but he just continues to spill crap all over ESPN and both he and his followers believe it like its some sort of scientific fact.

Kidd? Seriously? He gets absolutely abused by anyone he guards thats midly quick. Look at the numbers Paul, Deron, and Nash put up against him. He says he starts with Barea a lot and guards the twos? Barea has started 14 games...14... Antoint Wright, you know a big guard who only guards 2s and 3s, started 41 games... Nice logic moron. Yes, he is decent and using his strengths against bigger guards but overall he hasn't been that effective and neither has Dallas' overall defense. The sad thing is Dallas gives up more points and a higher PER to opposing point guards then our sorry PG defenders....

GG Holinger
doozyj
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Post#13 » by doozyj » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:07 am

WTF is a Hollinger???
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#14 » by The Skyhook » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:54 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/ ... iem-090417
Screw you Hollinger. Bynum isnt going to let Lebron take a title away from Kobe.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,301

Post#15 » by Dr Aki » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:38 am

let him go

hes angry his machine cant produce winning bets in vegas
SnakeEyez
Senior

Post#16 » by SnakeEyez » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:27 pm

Hoillfail, is that guy who never made the team in junior high or high school. He is the guy who never got chosen to play in the pick up games. He is the guy who hates good players because he never played the game. He is now a product of marketing, say all the wrong things get the attention. When we win the title this year, he will come out with I told you so. Best thing to do is avoid BSPN. Its better for your health as a Laker fan.
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/aazt37.jpg[img]
Old World Order
Banned User

Post#17 » by Old World Order » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:33 am

Are you saying that ESPN is biased against the Lakers? Or Hollinger is? Or both?
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#18 » by Dr Aki » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:38 am

Old World Order wrote:Are you saying that ESPN is biased against the Lakers? Or Hollinger is? Or both?

maybe you should make up your own mind from the title of this thread
Old World Order
Banned User

Post#19 » by Old World Order » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:17 am

???

Because there's never been a thread in the history of the internet that the majority of the posters disagree with?

I'm asking for real: Most Laker fans think ESPN in biased against them? I've already heard someone say ESPN was biased against the Jazz, that the NBA is biased against the Bulls because of 'bad calls', or conversely, that they were actually against Boston that game to make the series more interesting, or that they were for the Rockets to appeal to the Chinese to the market, etc. I was just wondering if this was another example of homers being nearly legally (Please Use More Appropriate Word) or there was an actual reason for ESPN to be against one of the largest (of not the largest) basketball market in the league or if it was just typical sour apples from homers. That's all. Sorry you took it all sensitive.
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#20 » by Dr Aki » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:26 pm

no ESPN isnt biased

but the lebron love could be tuned down and the kobe love tuned up :lol: :lol: :lol:

but specifically, hollinger is a known laker hater, and he doesnt shy away from his statistics in trying to prove otherwise

adande tho, we like (well i do anyway)...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers