ImageImageImageImageImage

Portland or Houston

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

wackokid05
Ballboy
And1: 0

Portland or Houston 

Post#1 » by wackokid05 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:18 am

I know i shouldn't talk about next series before we finish the jazz but when i am going to be watching the houston and portland games, i don't know if i should root for the rockets or the blazers. the rockets would be easier for the lakers plus we get to see kobe and artest go at it for at least 4 games, or if we play blazers it would be such a competitive awesome intense series and also would tune us up for the wc finals and the finals. Which would be a better 2nd round opponent????
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: Portland or Houston 

Post#2 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:37 am

Then why did you post it ?
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#3 » by Dr Aki » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:46 am

this thread can wait til we sweep the jazz and have to wait 5 days for an opponent
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#4 » by SashAlex » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:08 pm

As long as we don't face the Bobcats, I'm good with everyone. :D
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by DubaLakers » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:58 pm

As far as their matchup, because I'm not going to touch your premise, which is a newbie post...As far as who's going to win that series...

Portland is going to beat up the Rockets pretty handily. HOU is a flawed team. Artest's iso's kill me what other player in the league has the green light or does he? and takes them out of ball games single handedly. Outside of Yao they are very small. I wouldn't be surprised if they got swept.
wackokid05
Ballboy

Post#6 » by wackokid05 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:59 pm

i wanna know now cuz when i watch the game i want to know who to root for
rocketworld
Starter

Post#7 » by rocketworld » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:13 pm

you are so right. everytime artest touches the ball, you expect a shot no matter how crap, off-balance and stupid it is. if he touches the ball, you better believe hes taking the shot
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#8 » by TonyMontana » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:45 pm

DEEP3CL wrote: Then why did you post it ?
kevin_405
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#9 » by kevin_405 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:40 pm

I would pray for Houston.. We match up better against them..
ROB-G
Ballboy

Post#10 » by ROB-G » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:11 am

Akiho wrote:this thread can wait til we sweep the jazz and have to wait 5 days for an opponent
wackokid05
Ballboy

Post#11 » by wackokid05 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:59 am

this thread can wait til we sweep the jazz and have to wait 5 days for an opponent

i wanted to know now so when i watch the game between houston and porland, i want to know which team to root for and im gonna base who i am gonna root for off who is a better opp against the lakers
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#12 » by Dr Aki » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:09 am

wackokid05 wrote:

i wanted to know now so when i watch the game between houston and porland, i want to know which team to root for and im gonna base who i am gonna root for off who is a better opp against the lakers

cant you just enjoy the series as a neutral fan?

but if you're true laker fan, you're gonna want portland to face-plant themselves more than houston

not out of fear, but out of sheer hatred

and then all next season, portland fans have to contend with "OMG you lost to a first-round virgin team" and similar
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#13 » by Anklebreaker702 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:56 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Then why did you post it ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
VETERAN LAKER FAN
SnakeEyez
Senior

Post#14 » by SnakeEyez » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:10 pm

Honestly this year I dont care who we face. I have that swagger that we can defeat anyone. After many years of being nervous for every round, this year I am holding my head up high. Who is Portland nobody, bunch of kids who are making noise. Who is Houston, a copy of failure who cant manage to get there talent to succed. Who is Utah, remains of a good team of last year. Who is Celevand, Lebrons golden child of the NBA being helped to make a big deal. Remember this is our YEAR dont let anyone tell you less. Not those needle D*** analyst on espn, not your friends who wish they liked that LAkers but its cooler to hate them. This is our time, our year, our moment. Lets enjoy it with our heads held up high.
GO LAKERS BABY all the way.
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/aazt37.jpg[img]
tosweet68
Sophomore

Post#15 » by tosweet68 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:20 pm

DubaLakers wrote:As far as their matchup, because I'm not going to touch your premise, which is a newbie post...As far as who's going to win that series...

Portland is going to beat up the Rockets pretty handily. HOU is a flawed team. Artest's iso's kill me what other player in the league has the green light or does he? and takes them out of ball games single handedly. Outside of Yao they are very small. I wouldn't be surprised if they got swept.

hmmm
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#16 » by LLcoleJ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:23 pm

We are not going to have second round game threads. We just started the 1st. If you want to talk about other rounds and teams use the "Around the NBA" thread stickied up top.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags

Return to Los Angeles Lakers