ImageImageImageImageImage

THE BENCH IN THE PLAYOFFS

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

kooner
Sophomore
And1: 0

THE BENCH IN THE PLAYOFFS 

Post#1 » by kooner » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:19 pm

do you guys think our bench will play well in the playoffs. do you think we can get the same effort they gave against the jazz on Tuesday threw out the playoffs or at least keep it rolling against the jazz. We do have a stellar bench. how do you think they will perform in the playoffs, and what team do u think has a bench good as ours. i think for us to cruise to the finals are bench has to be great.
shortodom
Veteran
And1: 57

Re: THE BENCH IN THE PLAYOFFS 

Post#2 » by shortodom » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:23 pm

i know the bench will step it up in the playoffs. in the regulars season they were looking out for themselves but they know they have too play smart and as a team for them to stay on the floor and not blow leads. they'll feed the big man whether its Pau or Drew and when they get doubled they'll find the open man. Sasha has already started playing better and Shannon has played well so far. I expect Farmar too hit some 3's too.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#3 » by That Nicka » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:43 pm

I'm expecting a lot out of Odom and Sasha... not really expecting much out of anyone else but obviously whatever we get from them is a bonus

I hope Brown keeps playing well cuz Farmar is garbage lately
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#4 » by slifersd » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:46 pm

We shouldn't really count on the bench to win games given how they performed last year in the finals and this year in general. Teams don't win championships with their bench but their star players and that is what we should focus on.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#5 » by Dr Aki » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:17 am

walton's gonna get decent burn to avg 6/3/3 in the playoffs
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#6 » by ronnymac2 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:22 am

Every title team ever had their 7th or 8th best player make a large contribution sometime in the playoffs. If we want a title, our bench is going to have to come through at some point. I believe they will. Most of the players have finals experience now, and they play off the starters and each other pretty well.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river

Return to Los Angeles Lakers