Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

TXSun
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Any chance Bynum available? 

Post#21 » by TXSun » Mon May 11, 2009 12:23 am

j-far wrote:
TXSun wrote:
tayzer wrote:If we are trading Bynum, we better get rid of all the trash on the bench. Then get someone who can get us a chip now.

Shaq will get you the 'ship now.

Move on buddy.. whatever you're trying to do is not working here.

whatever you're trying to do with Bynum ain't working either. :-?
"This is some bull $hit"
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#22 » by DEEP3CL » Mon May 11, 2009 12:37 am

TXSun wrote:whatever you're trying to do with Bynum ain't working either. :-?
Why are you here gloating ? GTFO
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
TXSun
Sixth Man

Post#23 » by TXSun » Mon May 11, 2009 12:40 am

DEEP3CL wrote:

wtf! gloating? did i offend you in anyway? just said that Shaq can get you the 'ship now.
"This is some bull $hit"
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#24 » by DEEP3CL » Mon May 11, 2009 12:51 am

TXSun wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:

wtf! gloating? did i offend you in anyway? just said that Shaq can get you the 'ship now.
Yeah your offending me by being here go the hell back to your sorry board.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#25 » by DubaLakers » Mon May 11, 2009 1:19 am

CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#26 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Mon May 11, 2009 1:46 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
TXSun wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:Why are you here gloating ? GTFO

Yeah your offending me by being here go the hell back to your sorry board.

:lol: :lol:
TXSun
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by TXSun » Mon May 11, 2009 2:17 am

wtf! gloating? did i offend you in anyway? just said that Shaq can get you the 'ship now.[/quote]Yeah your offending me by being here go the hell back to your sorry board.[/quote]
:lol:
"This is some bull $hit"
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#28 » by Mamba Venom » Mon May 11, 2009 2:28 am

Bynum is a PLAYOFF ROOKIE

He will learn how to play playoff basketball. Let him try a game w/o a brace on his leg before you give up on the guy
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#29 » by The Skyhook » Mon May 11, 2009 2:32 am

Even if we did get trade Bynum so that we can get a good point guard and and have Odom and Gasol at the 4 and 5 we still have an issue with rebounding. I think a healthy Bynum would be better for rebounding then Gasol. Bynum and Gasol defintely get confused playing side by side and they don't know who the hell should try to rebound. Perhaps Bynum not having Gasol down low with him would give Bynum the memo that his priority must be to rebound. I really would hate to see us trade away Bynum rather then Gasol for some type of a point guard. Bynum is young and he can get better.
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#30 » by DubaLakers » Mon May 11, 2009 3:00 am

Let's say hypothetically we shopped AB17 for the best PG that we could get for him. How high could the LAL go? They could get Rondo I bet. No way they'd get Rose or Paul, or D Will I wouldn't think. Nash would be dumb of course because of his age. Damn I bet they could get T Park. Westbrook? mo Williams? Andre Miller? Aaron brooks? Jameer Nelson?

I'd consider out of those guys...T Park, Westbrook, Rondo but that would be it. I'll go off the board and take Westbrook. .

Westbrook, Bryant, Ariza, Odom, Gasol Yeah I like it baby, let's rock!
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#31 » by Slava » Mon May 11, 2009 3:03 am

I'm sorry but Bynum has been babied enough in LA. Any other franchise and the fans would have already labeled him a bust. Did we not see what Greg Oden has to endure in Portland after every game he fouls out of in his rookie season? Bynum on the other hand has none of those pressures on him, he's been here for 3 seasons now, he's been coached by Kareem and had the pleasure of playing on a contending team so early in his career. It sucks that he's been injured for so long but as a professional you got to do what you have to do or else accept criticism for the same.

I'm pretty sure we didn't make all these excuses before giving out a max deal did we?
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
MitchSlapped
Starter
And1: 32

Post#32 » by MitchSlapped » Mon May 11, 2009 3:38 am

Bynum, Farmar, maybe Morrison/Walton to Kings for No 1 pick (Ricky Rubio), Jason Thompson, and more draft picks.

Main idea of this trade is saving money to retain Odom, Ariza, and Brown. If Lakers can win the championship this year without Bynum playing well at all, then Lakers just don't need him and shouldn't be paying him over 10 mil a season.

This trade would work cuz Kings have ton a cap space this summer, and Farmar is included cuz Lakers would have such a big PG rotation. Fisher isn't getting any younger and is only good for about another year or 2. Rubio should be star of Lakers future.

Lakers:
Rubio/Fisher/Yue
Kobe/Sasha/Brown
Ariza/Walton/Morrison
Odom/Thompson/Powell
Pau/Mbenga

Kings:
Beno
KevMart
Andres/Francisco
Hawes
Bynum
Inc
Senior
And1: 58

Post#33 » by Inc » Mon May 11, 2009 3:48 am

As a Kings fan, I wouldn't accept that offer..

I would just draft Griffin with that #1 pick, and have 3 players with rookie contracts than take on 12 mill on a guy that no one is sure how will turn out after his injuries.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#34 » by Jajwanda » Mon May 11, 2009 3:56 am

Trading him at a low point value-wise is stupidity. Just let it go.

Besides we actually don't need much more than prudent actions with our other assets to improve the team. A Fisher retirement would pretty much take care of pretty much all of our financial and talent problems.

PG- Brown, Farmar, 1st
SG- Bryant, Vujajic
SF- Ariza, Walton
PF- Gasol, Odom, Powell
C- Bynum, Mbenga

Maybe you're able to trade Vujajic for a more capable SG/SF.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#35 » by snaquille oatmeal » Mon May 11, 2009 4:02 am

TXSun wrote: whatever you're trying to do with Bynum ain't working either. :-?
well, it did work until he got hurt didn't it. just because he is strugling to get into playoffs after missing almost half of the season is understandable. both injuries happen becuase somebody else landed on him not because he is injury prone. when the kid, yes the kid (21 yrs) finishes the year without injury he will be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs.
Forum permissions