ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers can't win unless Bynum is #3 and JF

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Lakers can't win unless Bynum is #3 and JF 

Post#1 » by Dexmor » Wed May 13, 2009 7:31 pm

Jordan Farmar is tied for 5th with Ariza on the team.

Bynum has to be the third best player on the Lakers or they don't have a chance. If Odom is our third best guy and Bynum doesnt stay hot then we won't beat the Nuggs and if we do the Cavs will kill us.

Now if Bynum goes back to awesome and is our 3rd best player and Odom goes back to being the 4th best player on the team and gets to come off the bench then there is only 1 thing left.

Jordan Farmar has to be tied with Ariza for our 5th best player on the team. If Fisher is out playing him and even Brown or it's so bad that some of you actually think Brown is better (still funny to me)
they can't win.

Farmar has to get big minutes at least 26 and get at least 10 points and a few assists and shoot well.

If Bynum and Farmar are on there games we go from total underdogs to the favorites again.
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Re: Lakers can't win unless Bynum is #3 and JF 

Post#2 » by TommyTheCat » Wed May 13, 2009 8:34 pm

wow so basically bynum and farmar stepping up and playing well gives the lakers the best shot at a title.

great insight
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#3 » by Kilroy » Wed May 13, 2009 8:57 pm

I can understand these kind of reactionary, emotional, assumption laden posts from a nutty Lakers fan...

But I just don't get it fom someone who seems to root for other teams and other players all season and then is back to drop some knowledge in time for the playoffs... Maybe you should start a forum for your fantasy team...

Other than that, I'm not sure Denver and Cleveland have really been tested yet. It's way too early to legitimize those two teams as contenders right now. And we have no way of knowing how we'll match up to them at the moment because the playoffs are just different. Who would have thought Houston without Yao would have blown the Lakers out in a game, coming in? Or who would have thought the Bulls would have pushed Boston to 7?
fareweatherfan
Senior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by fareweatherfan » Wed May 13, 2009 9:09 pm

Lmao at Denver beating us. EVERY matchup plays to our strenths in some way:

Billups/Fish - "slow" and strong guard -- the only type of player Fish actually has a shot of guarding.
Jones/Kobe - need I comment?
Melo/Ariza - our SF's have been very good against Melo, even Luke plays him well at times.
Martin/Gasol - Kenyon is garbage, plain and simple.
Nene/Bynum - Nene is a nice player but too small to guard Bynum and Bynum will let him shoot jumpers all day.

Benches - JR is playing well, but Sasha will do to him what he has done to Von Wafer this series. In the end, our bench is far superior, especially given the likelihood that Odom will move to the bench.

Go away with this nonsense.
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#5 » by El Hardee » Wed May 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Hey Star, can you change the name of the thread to "Lakers can't win unless Bynum and JF are Richard Jefferson"?
kevin_405
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by kevin_405 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:11 am

Bynum and Farmar increase our chances of winning.. but we are still contenders with out them..

Dexmor wrote:Jordan Farmar is tied for 5th with Ariza on the team.

Bynum has to be the third best player on the Lakers or they don't have a chance. If Odom is our third best guy and Bynum doesnt stay hot then we won't beat the Nuggs and if we do the Cavs will kill us.

Now if Bynum goes back to awesome and is our 3rd best player and Odom goes back to being the 4th best player on the team and gets to come off the bench then there is only 1 thing left.

Jordan Farmar has to be tied with Ariza for our 5th best player on the team. If Fisher is out playing him and even Brown or it's so bad that some of you actually think Brown is better (still funny to me)
they can't win.

Farmar has to get big minutes at least 26 and get at least 10 points and a few assists and shoot well.

If Bynum and Farmar are on there games we go from total underdogs to the favorites again.
MigrainePatrol
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#7 » by MigrainePatrol » Thu May 14, 2009 2:43 am

The same stuff Barkley was spitting out... I think after the Denver series it doesn't matter cuz Cleveland / Boston have a week front line.
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#8 » by TruSkool » Thu May 14, 2009 3:01 am

fareweatherfan wrote:Lmao at Denver beating us. EVERY matchup plays to our strenths in some way:

Billups/Fish - "slow" and strong guard -- the only type of player Fish actually has a shot of guarding.
Melo/Ariza - our SF's have been very good against Melo, even Luke plays him well at times.
Nene/Bynum - Nene is a nice player but too small to guard Bynum and Bynum will let him shoot jumpers all day.

Benches - JR is playing well, but Sasha will do to him what he has done to Von Wafer this series. In the end, our bench is far superior, especially given the likelihood that Odom will move to the bench.

IMO, ur stretching

1. fisher cant fight through a screen if his life depended on it, and billups can make it rain like the rain man
2. the only SF who has done 'fairly' against melo was vlad rad, and hes gone. good luck to luke, and better luck to ariza.
3. bynum couldnt handle paul millsap too greatly, what makes you think nene will be different?

and if anyone can guess nene's original name without googling, i will give them a +1 =)
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#9 » by The Skyhook » Thu May 14, 2009 3:15 am

iki4life wrote:
fareweatherfan wrote:Lmao at Denver beating us. EVERY matchup plays to our strenths in some way:

IMO, ur stretching

1. fisher cant fight through a screen if his life depended on it, and billups can make it rain like the rain man
2. the only SF who has done 'fairly' against melo was vlad rad, and hes gone. good luck to luke, and better luck to ariza.
3. bynum couldnt handle paul millsap too greatly, what makes you think nene will be different?

and if anyone can guess nene's original name without googling, i will give them a +1 =)

When Andrew came back he looked really nice against Nene
KObe Bryant
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#10 » by KObe Bryant » Thu May 14, 2009 3:30 am

No matter who is our 3rd best player and our 5th best player as long as they do their jobs and contribute to this team.
fareweatherfan
Senior

Post#11 » by fareweatherfan » Thu May 14, 2009 4:46 am

iki4life wrote:

IMO, ur stretching

Alright, guess we have to agree to disagree b/c I disagree with your points and maintain mine. My responses to your number points:

1. True, but Billups is not a quick guard. He shoots off of screens, rather than driving the lane and just to break the D down (although he can do it from time to time). Do you really think he will get that slow shot off over Pau, Odom and Bynum (the most likely guys to be put in the pick n roll)? I don't.

2. While Vlad Rad did well this season, it was ONLY b/c of our help D. Melo is overrated IMHO. Barkley is off his rocker, saying Melo is the best scorer in the NBA. Please. It was the Mavs. Y'all remember what Kobe does to the Mavs, don't you?

3. Milsap cannot be compared to Nene. Two totally different players. Bynum owns the Nuggets! Offensively and defensively.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,946

Post#12 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu May 14, 2009 5:09 am

iki4life wrote:

IMO, ur stretching

I know his first name is Maybyner. The rest I can't remember.

Also, anybody who thinks Fish matches up well with Billups is insane. They must not remember when he destroyed us in 04. He's five years older, but still playing as well as he ever has. That's their biggest matchup advantage in my opinion.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#13 » by Slava » Thu May 14, 2009 5:36 am

iki4life wrote:and if anyone can guess nene's original name without googling, i will give them a +1 =)

isn't Nene his first name? Nene Hilario! :D
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#14 » by The Laker Kid » Thu May 14, 2009 5:36 am

We want Tacos!
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
magic1fan
Starter
And1: 0

Post#15 » by magic1fan » Thu May 14, 2009 9:34 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
iki4life wrote:

IMO, ur stretching

I know his first name is Maybyner. The rest I can't remember.

Also, anybody who thinks Fish matches up well with Billups is insane. They must not remember when he destroyed us in 04. He's five years older, but still playing as well as he ever has. That's their biggest matchup advantage in my opinion.

exactly. illups ate fisher and payton for lunch that series. he is strong has a good jumper and can post up. if we end uf having to double him it will open up everything for those guys.
Only on realgm is 27,000 points, 5 rings, 1 rs mvp and 2 finals mvp considered overrated!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers