Gm #6 (LAL 3-2): LA Lakers @ Houston Rockets. 6:30 espn

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

lakersdynasty
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: Gm #6 (LAL 3-2): LA Lakers @ Houston Rockets. 6:30 espn 

Post#621 » by lakersdynasty » Fri May 15, 2009 6:33 am

dropbowsonem_25 wrote:
lakersdynasty wrote:don´t know how our size can hurt denver if Pj refuses give bynum playing time and confidence....

honestly denver is not our opponent, we are playing HOUSTON. bynum or no bynum we need to beat houston to complain about bynum and phil another day. i really wish one of us could talk to this team.

yeah me too i just posted that cause some one said earlier that our size should hurt denver...
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#622 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri May 15, 2009 6:40 am

lakersdynasty wrote:don´t know how our size can hurt denver if Pj refuses give bynum playing time and confidence....

Very wise freshman
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#623 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri May 15, 2009 6:43 am

lakerRD wrote:Are we really talking about a coaching change before game 7 and after a 65 win season?
Is what's happening the coach's fault?

I see a lack of defensive focus and intensity at the start of some games.
The Rockets are not doing anything spectacular or out of the ordinary. We're just not playing D.
I guess you can blame the coach for that but to me, lack of intensity and focus is all on the players.
They are in the second round of the Playoffs.
Do they really need a coach to remind them to play D?

Apparently so
VETERAN LAKER FAN
lakersdynasty
Pro Prospect

Post#624 » by lakersdynasty » Fri May 15, 2009 6:44 am

anklebreaker702 wrote:

Very wise freshman

lol tahts cause im 30 years old fresh man uahuha
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#625 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri May 15, 2009 6:46 am

Minhee wrote:I'd love to hear some of the ever so optimists put a positive spin on tonight's POS team loss. Once again we come out like some lil girls playing worse than my HS freshmen girls bball team.

Thats what is it with this team, they play one good game and make us all believe that they finally arrived before they go out and show us who they truly are. So freaking what they won by 40, the Rockets have no business beating us 2 games sans Yao and McGrady.

I think we deserve to lose game 7, put me out of my misery. Sadly we will win it because Houston are on the road and won't have the talent to win it. BUT they will put up a fight. Denver will beat the living $%&8*!#$ out of us in 5-6 games.

Worse NBA Finals Ever

Denver vs Cleveland

Cavs sweep and Lebron wins Finals MVP...therefore, the torch is officially passed and they can put down that at first cute/cool Kobe/Lebron Puppet comercials.

Lebron is the true King of the NBA.

Only thing I disagree with Minhee is Cavs wont sweep Denver. They would put up a fight to the end
VETERAN LAKER FAN
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#626 » by DEEP3CL » Fri May 15, 2009 6:46 am

kevin_405 wrote:I dont think it is the players it is the coaching.. Kurt Rambis cant coach for **** and he was made the defensive coach...
Actually it's a combo of both, but more so the players as I stated in my post.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#627 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri May 15, 2009 6:51 am

lakersdynasty wrote:
anklebreaker702 wrote:

Very wise freshman

lol tahts cause im 30 years old fresh man uahuha

You do realize that I meant realgm freshman status right? :lol:
VETERAN LAKER FAN
dropbowsonem_25
Senior

Post#628 » by dropbowsonem_25 » Fri May 15, 2009 6:52 am

kevin_405 wrote:I dont think it is the players it is the coaching.. Kurt Rambis cant coach for **** and he was made the defensive coach...

How many charges do we take.. In this game alone we had 2 or 3 offensive fouls..
Everbody is opening up the lane to try to get a block shot.. u cant defend all the time like that..

The symptoms were evident in the middle of the season.. now the wound is wide open..

DEEP3CL wrote:Knew this would happen, this team lacks serious fight it's not focus. The problem has flown over everybody's head.The main problem with this team is the fact it's laced with too many offensive minded players. When their offensive game is sputtering they offer nothing else, they'll rather sulk and pout instead of doing something else within the game to get going.

Even back when the three peat teams didn't have if going they had enough guys that could offer other aspects of the game until it clicked. This team once they get down and if it's big that's it end of story. Because the fight isn't there, then from that point they're looking for Kobe to come save them. But even Kobe doesn't have a clear cut plan on how he want's to attack, at home he driving and mixing up his shots. But on the road it's jumper after jumper after jumper, when he drives most time it's way too late.

So now we're at Game 7.........with no guarantees, no promises, this team was all talk but never could back it up. They never played with a purpose or hunger of a killer during they season. They're all so offensively skilled that they just felt it'll come when ever they wanted it to come.

We thought that after the taste and humiliation of Game 6 in Boston would be the driving force behind this season.........the reason we though they'd kill every team most nights. If they were to be beaten it should have been because some team played way above it's head or hell they just hit a lucky game winner.......which happened a few times oh well.

Bottom line for this team to take the next step.....more people have to go, we have way too many offensive minded guys. We need guys that when they check in they're not thinking about when is "my shot coming" or "it's my turn to shoot". We need a guy willing to give up his body, willing to take all the boards, willing to just play D and that's it. We have none of these guys. That's why we're at Game 7...................with no guarantees.

the funny thing is, this game was winnable, down 2 in the 3rd..im telling you a little motivational coaching woulda won this game
chubby_1_kenobi wrote

"Like I said, Kobe has done a number to your soul...it is tainted black with hatred"
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#629 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri May 15, 2009 6:56 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Actually it's a combo of both, but more so the players as I stated in my post.

Deep your post was good but I don't think it's just the offensive mindset of the players. You know that the players take on the personality of the coach. Phil is losing it. We had all season to do what you pointed out in your post. That's the job of the coaches. One of the 1st things you do as a coach is change the mindset of the players in whatever deficient area they have. So obviously the blame goes on them just as much
VETERAN LAKER FAN
lakersk8b
Sophomore

Post#630 » by lakersk8b » Fri May 15, 2009 7:00 am

What a tough loss, I cant even sleep. After something like that you want something positive or some closure, but I cant even think of anything. No heart what so ever. I think Kobe is the only one on this team that really wants to win, everyone else needs to take a long hard look in the mirror. Hopefully we win game 7 and that provides us with enough confidence to get us through the next round.

This series kind of reminds me of when we played San Antonio in 03 which stopped our championship run, in the sense that everything this team throws up, goes in. The shooting is reminscent of Ginobli hitting the top of the backboard and the shot still dropping. I know its random and not the same at all, but its all i can think of. The rockets shooting at home is just way too damn lucky.

Remember, we are still the Los Angeles Lakers. We have prevailed through these kinds of things, and we will again.
dropbowsonem_25
Senior

Post#631 » by dropbowsonem_25 » Fri May 15, 2009 7:05 am

the thing is our assistant coaches are "yes men" they will do or say whatever phil wants. not one of them will give an original thought.phils coaching worked with vets who wouldnt put up with lack luster performances.
chubby_1_kenobi wrote

"Like I said, Kobe has done a number to your soul...it is tainted black with hatred"
tlifeset
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#632 » by tlifeset » Fri May 15, 2009 7:07 am

Positive Spin ...

We kept it close on the road against a team we have no answer for defensively and even if we did rotate quicker, they probably still knock down all those 3's. Smaller teams have ALWAYS given the Lakers difficulty. In fact, it's really why the Bulls caused so many problems for the Celts when they played Salmons at PF. Look, all bets are off when you have a team that is playing with house money and launching 3's. This is how teams get upset all the time in the NCAA tournament.

Here's my major concern with this team and it dates back to the Boston Finals last year. Why will Phil not adjust? I've posted it here once before ... but I really think that this is some sort of Art of War philosophy. He keeps trotting out the same guys. Last year he kept Walton on Pierce for 4 games until he finally started doubling him.

Which brings me to my point ... this team is going small. They want to run up and down the court, bomb threes and get long rebounds. Well, why don't the Lakers go big? Why not start Ariza at PG and make Brooks try to cover him? Start Bynum and get him big minutes. Let him dominate and get them into foul trouble. I'm telling you, I'm as disappointed in Bynum as anyone, but you leave him on the court and you make Houston adjust. You don't stop Brooks by putting someone small and quick on him, you put someone big that he has to cover in the post on defense. To that end, why not shut off the showtime 2.0 and just slug it out? Slow the game way down and turn it into a more physical battle under the boards. The nature of the Lakers to run plays right into the hands of Houston's small ball strategy. ALL OF THESE THINGS anybody with half a brain can see ... so why won't Phil try a different technique? Well, because he's Phil and this is what he does.

I will never argue that Phil's a bad coach ... he's one of the best, if not the best. But I don't think he's right for this team. He has them plateauing and they seemingly cannot find a killer instinct. I thought Houston's physical play was really bringing out the best in this Lakers team ... they got testy and walked with some swagger. But the truth is that championship teams don't need to be punched in the face to feel that way ... they're like boxers. They can turn on the hatred and play like there's no tomorrow every time.

So, you want serious positive spin ...

This team is playing a home game against Houston, they're playing the Denver knuckleheads next that are bound to do something dumb and then they match up VERY well with the Cavs (not to mention Lebron, for some reason, refuses to upstage Kobe, i.e. his mentor). So, I like our chances still ... despite the 48 minutes of smell we left in Houston tonight.

G'night.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#633 » by MAMBAEMD » Fri May 15, 2009 7:24 am

If people want to blame the coaching staff for this loss then it would be fair to say that the Game 5 blowout win after a dissmal Game 4 effort was due to some sort of brilliant coaching.
I don't think so.
I think that the team came out flat again and fell behind by a large margin and although they had a nice comeback in the 3rd, they just could not sustain their defensive intensity in the 2nd part of the 3rd quarter and fell behind again by a huge margin.
As much as it would make me feel better to pin this one on Phil, to me, it really comes down to defensive intensity and offensive execution with which the players have to com.

Kenny Smith from TNT always says and I agree with him that when you lose a game by about 7 points or less, you can say that better coaching would have made a difference. But when the loss margin is > 7 points, that it is either poor talent or lack of intensity and execution on the part of the players.
Formerly lakerRD
RocketRed
Banned User

Post#634 » by RocketRed » Fri May 15, 2009 7:34 am

As I was saying before I was so rudely banned . . .

I'm speechless.

Good game.
butter17
Starter

Post#635 » by butter17 » Fri May 15, 2009 1:28 pm

I totally agree LD. :clap:
butter17
Starter

Post#636 » by butter17 » Fri May 15, 2009 1:32 pm

RocketRed wrote:As I was saying before I was so rudely banned . . .

I'm speechless.

Good game.
Man your not speechless...... stop trying to blow smoke up our a$$!
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#637 » by DEEP3CL » Fri May 15, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm speechless.

Good game.
None of you guys were here win we won Game 5, so why come now ? Cause you're cowards that's why you only want to come once your team wins.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
magic1fan
Starter

Post#638 » by magic1fan » Fri May 15, 2009 2:11 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:

I'm speechless.

Good game.
None of you guys were here win we won Game 5, so why come now ? Cause you're cowards that's why you only want to come once your team wins.

booooom....nuff said!
Only on realgm is 27,000 points, 5 rings, 1 rs mvp and 2 finals mvp considered overrated!
butter17
Starter

Post#639 » by butter17 » Fri May 15, 2009 2:16 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:

I'm speechless.

Good game.
Preech deep. :rock:
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#640 » by Kobay » Fri May 15, 2009 2:22 pm

phil failed in the regular season games when he refused to play Bynum in the 4th, Teams were torching our defense. Look when something goes wrong all phil does is make adjustments on offense, never on defense. He thinks offense triggers our defense....what? Then we ain't winning a champ.

I can't believe we have size and get abused by midgets. play bynum more with kobe and put gasol with the bench where he belongs playing against scrubs who can't defend or score on him.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers