ImageImageImageImageImage

WCF GAME ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/19 - 6:00pm

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

picc
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Re: WCF GAME ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/19 - 6:00pm 

Post#541 » by picc » Wed May 20, 2009 4:05 am

Does anyone else feel that Denver was running a gimmick defense? It should have been easy to exploit (easier, I guess). I hope the coaching staff runs through the film and sees all of the holes that were present in their scheme, cause there were a lot.
dropbowsonem_25
Senior
And1: 0

Post#542 » by dropbowsonem_25 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:05 am

with melo going wild, refs betting on denver and lakers playing crap, we still win. the black mamba aint ready to give up his title yet. thats ice in his veins on those ft's
chubby_1_kenobi wrote

"Like I said, Kobe has done a number to your soul...it is tainted black with hatred"
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#543 » by Anklebreaker702 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:06 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:
anklebreaker702 wrote:That's to you! What stupid foul did he pick up tonight? Most of them were phantom fouls & that last 1 on Melo was a hard foul which is what you do when somebody's torchin your a$$! As Kobe would say, thats 80's basketball

I'm not trying to pick a fight with a fellow fan. It's the heat of the moment, we were all frustrated. We won, and that's the bottom line.

I just want to see some effort from Andrew. He was a step slow all night. I'd be willing to bet my life's savings that maybe one of his fouls was a bad. The rest he got was by simply not recognizing the flow of play and moving his feet. Blaming the officials is just a cop-out.

Case in point was his last foul. If he sees what's happening, he slides over and tosses Melo's shot into the 10th row. Instead, he's either lazy or innatentive -- probably both -- and he has to foul him. Not to send a message, but because he was out of position.

He does that crap time and time and time again, to the point that I have no idea why people clamor for him to be reinserted back in the game like he's going to be some sort of savior. Maybe with some more seasoning. But not right now, not coming off an injury and not with so little experience.

Pau wasn't great, but like DCash said, you're not going to bench a two-time veteran All-Star for a 21-year-old kid who still doesn't know how to handle playoff basketball.
I don't agree with dcashes assessment either. I really don't care about anybody's past except Kobe's. He will perform in the clutch we know that. Gasol is suspect at very best. He consistently doesn't show up. All we're asking for is let the young kid foul out if need be. Yes he was slow on the Melo rotation but the hard foul was more important at that point. I don't think he did anything after that. I don't even remember him scoring another point. Leave the people in who are at least trying. I don't like seeing Fisher in when his shot isn't falling but he came through tonight . It's all good though we are a family but I just wanted you to understand where those of us who do clamor for him to come back in, why.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,505

Post#544 » by The Laker Kid » Wed May 20, 2009 4:06 am

good game
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
phat_24
Junior
And1: 5

Post#545 » by phat_24 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:06 am

I hated D-fish before he hit the buzzer-beater at the half. He needs to stop making those stupid plays where he goes at it by himself early in the shot clock. There were opportunities to establish Bynum in the post and he didn't do that.

Bynum needs to take off the weights strapped to his ankles. He's playing in an environment where everyone's at the speed limit and he's straggling along 10-15 miles below.

LOVED LOVED Ariza's key play and Kobe's steal. Great move to put Lamar on the sideline to shadow Carter. We toughed it out at the end, somehow. Gotta take a 2-0 lead heading into the Pepsi Center/WWE pre-game show.
Individual
Junior
And1: 359

Post#546 » by Individual » Wed May 20, 2009 4:07 am

I'm so ****ing happy right now. Everything was going against us, yet the Lakers stayed in the game and it payed off. I don't think I've ever screamed so many profanities at my T.V. Well, that's probably going too far since I remember Game 2@Boston quite well.

HELL YES!
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#547 » by The Skyhook » Wed May 20, 2009 4:08 am

How about these analyist talk about the refs and not just Denver's mistake. They damn right Lakers stole this one because the refs were all Denver for sure.
RocketPower23
Banned User
And1: 26

Post#548 » by RocketPower23 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:09 am

Kobe really was incrediable tonight. Not only did he carry the offense, but how huge was he on defense. He took Billups out of the game to some degree, but he really did a solid job on Melo when he was on him. Great game for Kobe. Pau better step up in game 2.
kevin_405
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#549 » by kevin_405 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:10 am

DFish was big in the end..
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,975

Post#550 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed May 20, 2009 4:11 am

anklebreaker702 wrote:I don't agree with dcashes assessment either. I really don't care about anybody's past except Kobe's. He will perform in the clutch we know that. Gasol is suspect at very best. He consistently doesn't show up. All we're asking for is let the young kid foul out if need be. Yes he was slow on the Melo rotation but the hard foul was more important at that point. I don't think he did anything after that. I don't even remember him scoring another point. Leave the people in who are at least trying. I don't like seeing Fisher in when his shot isn't falling but he came through tonight . It's all good though we are a family but I just wanted you to understand where those of us who do clamor for him to come back in, why.

Much respect to your opinion, but we shall agree to disagree. I didn't see Andrew playing with any sort of focus or concentration. Deserved or not, the bottom line was he couldn't stay on the court, and that really hurt our chances of winning tonight's game. This is at least the fifth or sixth time he's been a virtual no-show in these playoffs, and we can't afford that if we're going to lift the trophy. Not in my opinion.
butter17
Starter

Post#551 » by butter17 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:11 am

Good win for the lakers......this is the game that denver had to take because their not going get those same calls next game.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#552 » by iamworthy » Wed May 20, 2009 4:12 am

Melo had a sick game
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#553 » by picc » Wed May 20, 2009 4:14 am

Also, i'm very happy to see we won despite so much adversity. Melo being RED HOT, the refs being RED HOT, Kobe having a horrid shooting game, Drew/Pau/Odom hampered by foul trouble.

If Fisher had not stepped up this would have been a loss. Who would have thought, eh?

Imagine if we get ALL the guys clicking on cylinders?
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#554 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed May 20, 2009 4:14 am

iamworthy wrote:Melo had a sick game

He's such an awesome player. When his shot is dropping he seems unguardable. I consider it a victory that he "only" scored 39 after he lit us up like he did in the first quarter.

I really think getting a player like Billups to share the load with and take on leadership responsibilities has opened up his game. A team with Melo as the alpha male isn't going anywhere. But as the No. 2, you're pretty dangerous.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#555 » by The Skyhook » Wed May 20, 2009 4:16 am

Andrew was doing good. Refs were making B.S calls against him. I believe it was his third foul, they said he pushed off Nene when nobody was near him. Then he sat out for so long which screws you up. If the refs didnt screw him up and we kept feeding him, it would have been a different story. Gasol needs to step up next game.
butter17
Starter

Post#556 » by butter17 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:16 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:
anklebreaker702 wrote:I don't agree with dcashes assessment either. I really don't care about anybody's past except Kobe's. He will perform in the clutch we know that. Gasol is suspect at very best. He consistently doesn't show up. All we're asking for is let the young kid foul out if need be. Yes he was slow on the Melo rotation but the hard foul was more important at that point. I don't think he did anything after that. I don't even remember him scoring another point. Leave the people in who are at least trying. I don't like seeing Fisher in when his shot isn't falling but he came through tonight . It's all good though we are a family but I just wanted you to understand where those of us who do clamor for him to come back in, why.

Much respect to your opinion, but we shall agree to disagree. I didn't see Andrew playing with any sort of focus or concentration. Deserved or not, the bottom line was he couldn't stay on the court, and that really hurt our chances of winning tonight's game. This is at least the fifth or sixth time he's been a virtual no-show in these playoffs, and we can't afford that if we're going to lift the trophy. Not in my opinion.
Come on ST....a lot of bynum foul was either tickey tack fouls, are help fouls!
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#557 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed May 20, 2009 4:18 am

To be honest, I've said about all I have to say about Andrew. I'm not going to make excuses for him. He needs to play better. Period.
lakersdynasty
Pro Prospect

Post#558 » by lakersdynasty » Wed May 20, 2009 4:19 am

imagine if the reffs didnt **** us with fouls all game? great kobe´s amazing and what a memorable play by ariza...
kevin_405
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#559 » by kevin_405 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:19 am

Bynum is not a very smart player like Gasol.. Playoff basketball is different from regular season..
Bynum will learn as he gains more exp..

Sedale Threatt wrote:

iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#560 » by iamworthy » Wed May 20, 2009 4:20 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Melo had a sick game

He's such an awesome player. When his shot is dropping he seems unguardable. I consider it a victory that he "only" scored 39 after he lit us up like he did in the first quarter.

I really think getting a player like Billups to share the load with and take on leadership responsibilities has opened up his game. A team with Melo as the alpha male isn't going anywhere. But as the No. 2, you're pretty dangerous.

Yeah I agree. The addition of Billups have really helped his game.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers