ImageImageImageImageImage

WCF GAME ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/19 - 6:00pm

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

KObe Bryant
Analyst
And1: 0

Re: WCF GAME ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/19 - 6:00pm 

Post#561 » by KObe Bryant » Wed May 20, 2009 4:20 am

A lot of guys had been in foul trouble. But it was a fun game anyway. I love Fish's last three. He kept us alive. I thought it was over. Ariza was the hero.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#562 » by picc » Wed May 20, 2009 4:21 am

Wouldnt mind another 49 point 10 assist night from Kobe thursday.
lakersdynasty
Pro Prospect

Post#563 » by lakersdynasty » Wed May 20, 2009 4:24 am

what are melo and kobe final numbers??
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,375

Post#564 » by Pablo Escobar » Wed May 20, 2009 4:24 am

honestly kobes play on both ends isnt really talked about that much i mean we saw it tonight and every game in full effect that when theres a challenge he takes it to heart i mean its easy for him to score i mean no one can guard him but also playing D with passion this in my opinion is what seperates him from the rest good night guys good game lets go lakers
Plata o Plomo?
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#565 » by DEEP3CL » Wed May 20, 2009 4:27 am

This is devastating for the Nuggets, despite all the help in the world from the refs the Lakers won with perseverance. Melo showed he was and is the "franchise" with his game tonight. What was odd was the Nuggets front line out scoring the Laker front line, something that probably shouldn't happen again......but I know damn well it better not happen too often in this series.

Remember guys Phil said we'd have to win Game 1 on just emotion alone, they'll make the adjustments for the next game.

I gotta strange feeling and I may get raked over the coals for it, but I think Jordan can be for us what Brooks was for the Rockets against these Nuggets. If anybody paid attention to match ups.....the Nuggets don't have anybody who can stay in front of him. Just a wild thought it'll be up to Phil to think about it.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#566 » by picc » Wed May 20, 2009 4:27 am

Kobe neutralized Billups on the defensive end. Don't think anyone's realized that, KB24, you're right. When Kobe was on him he was a passer only.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#567 » by LLcoleJ » Wed May 20, 2009 4:32 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:To be honest, I've said about all I have to say about Andrew. I'm not going to make excuses for him. He needs to play better. Period.

agree.

He needs to stop looking down and start looking up. I mean that both ways. He tends to keep his head down and just go through the moments and hope something happens and he doesn't inspire any emotion that leads me to believe that he wants this.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#568 » by DEEP3CL » Wed May 20, 2009 4:40 am

Phil_2.0 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:To be honest, I've said about all I have to say about Andrew. I'm not going to make excuses for him. He needs to play better. Period.

agree.

He needs to stop looking down and start looking up. I mean that both ways. He tends to keep his head down and just go through the moments and hope something happens and he doesn't inspire any emotion that leads me to believe that he wants this.
Well he did say Tim Duncan was his favorite player.........bad example to learn the emotional part of the game from.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,974

Post#569 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed May 20, 2009 4:42 am

Yeah, but Tim is also one of the great competitors/winners in league history. Conversely, I can't even remember the last time Andrew sprinted down court.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,399

Post#570 » by Danny Darko » Wed May 20, 2009 4:58 am

Boy Fish started off so awful. Missing I can understand but the decision making and repeat horrible shots were damaging. I'm glad he hit some big ones.

Trevor will be remembered for that play, but I wasn't real happy with his overall game.

Drew... dag nab it sack up. At least he kept Melo from dropping an and one late with the hard foul.

Pau- really you couldn't get down to the block Pau? I get sick of watching him float around at the 17ft mark and not getting down to the post. Also the ft percentage in the playoffs and two clutch misses in a row... tisk that is some bs Pau.

overall I think it was a big win and exciting at the end.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#571 » by semi-sentient » Wed May 20, 2009 4:59 am

What a crazy ass game. Had to watch the 4th quarter twice because I'd forgotten what it was like to watch a game that goes down to the wire.

Ariza came up big for us down the stretch. That 3 he hit started our comeback and that steal was just huge as hell. I'm forgive him for his lame defense this one time. Kobe redeemed himself in the 4th and we needed every bit of that 18 points.

Game 2 should be a blast. I can't imagine us shooting 41% again, so I'd expect a bit more of a high scoring affair, particularly since we don't understand the concept of defense.

Bynum. :nonono: Come on man. Stay your ass in the game.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Day in the Life
Analyst
And1: 5

Post#572 » by Day in the Life » Wed May 20, 2009 5:03 am

Lamar should of stayed in the starting lineup. Our offense spreads out more and is smoother in general. Bynum, is a hit or miss, because he still hasn't proven to stay out of foul trouble and contribute on a night to night basis. And the offense has to run through Pau...we can't settle for outside-in basketall...gotta go inside and dish it out. We almost got killed for doing that most of the game today.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#573 » by milesfides » Wed May 20, 2009 5:04 am

Fish needs to do only one thing: catch and shoot. Good lord, it's that simple. It's the only thing he does well, which he does very well, and everything else he does very poorly.

Odom should try guarding Melo, because obviously Melo is too big for Kobe in the post. Also, Odom isn't giving us much offensively, so he should try to tire Melo out.

Or put Vujacic on Melo to get into his head.

Could somebody tell Bynum and Pau to wake up in the playoffs? I swear, there's two guys who are busting their ass on both ends of the court, and it's Kobe and Shannon Brown.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#574 » by Dr Aki » Wed May 20, 2009 5:06 am

bynum wasnt too bad, he contested most shots near the rim and kept the lakers close before our 2nd quarter fight back

he obviously made poor choices beginning of the 3rd, but his 5th foul was because kobe got beaten by melo in low post and bynum did pretty well to wrap him up to avoid giving up the easy layup

some poor rotations from all 3 big men led to some rim shattering dunks from nene and kmart, but overall, id live with denver needing nene and kmart to shoot really well to beat us
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#575 » by semi-sentient » Wed May 20, 2009 5:06 am

Let me also say this -- if we get out of this damn series and meet the Cavs our bigs will be well prepared. I expect Gasol and Odom to go absolutely nuts against them, and that is exactly the starting FC I would roll with against them.

Anyway, that's a big if. Long way to go, and Denver is looking like they are for real.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#576 » by Dr Aki » Wed May 20, 2009 5:08 am

semi-sentient wrote:Let me also say this -- if we get out of this damn series and meet the Cavs our bigs will be well prepared. I expect Gasol and Odom to go absolutely nuts against them, and that is exactly the starting FC I would roll with against them.

Anyway, that's a big if. Long way to go, and Denver is looking like they are for real.

kinda makes choosing between dwight howard, 3pt and the magic and lebron and crappy bigs in the cavs that much harder to choose between
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#577 » by semi-sentient » Wed May 20, 2009 5:14 am

Akiho wrote:he obviously made poor choices beginning of the 3rd, but his 5th foul was because kobe got beaten by melo in low post and bynum did pretty well to wrap him up to avoid giving up the easy layup

Too add to that, his 3rd foul in the 2nd was completely Pau's fault for getting burned by Nene (again). I think he has to realize when he is approaching foul trouble and just get out of the way -- unless he plans on putting someone on their ass. The foul that he picked up to start the 3rd could have been avoided and he has to realize that in those situations he just needs to let it go. Challenge the shot, but don't make any contact. Put those long arms to use without fouling.

Anyway, sleep.
butter17
Starter

Post#578 » by butter17 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:36 am

Go lakers !!!!!
BoricuaBoi
Senior
And1: 13

Post#579 » by BoricuaBoi » Wed May 20, 2009 5:41 am

Magic fan here. Way to pull it out guys. Please beat Denver I cant stand that arrogant team. There all cocky pricks except for Melo. Heres to seeing you guys in the finals.
Boston fans have Green asses and Brown noses! Right Stu?
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#580 » by Tommy Trojan » Wed May 20, 2009 5:46 am

I want to see our bigs do a better job for the next game

Return to Los Angeles Lakers