Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Dome
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Re: If Lakers win, what are you most happy about 

Post#41 » by Dome » Sat Jun 6, 2009 8:31 pm

As a Magic fan I wouldn't be happy at all haha.. :lol:

If it had to happen and I had to choose, I think I would care more about Kobe winning his 4th, then about Phil winning his 10th, then about the Lakers' 15th.

I'm sure you're not too shocked about me not caring about the Lakers' team too much since I'm not a fan. I wonder what it is that makes me care more about Kobe than about Phil though? I think it has everything to do with the way I've been influenced about the whole 'superstar' thing, probably just like most fans. Kindof interesting concept to think about for a minut actually. :)
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#42 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jun 7, 2009 1:05 am

phil already has 10 rings, he won one as a player for the knicks
Joe Kleazy
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#43 » by Joe Kleazy » Mon Jun 8, 2009 3:51 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:You guys are jumping the gun here.............no way should this be a discussion. Everybody here is talking as if we've already won, then you guys wonder why Laker fans get laughed at on other boards.

Cause they come here and see stuff like this, and you all fell for the bait on this because the OP is a Rocket fan and I bet you he's back on his board laughing it up with his homies about this.

The series is not even over and this pops up. This would've made for a nice discussion after the fact.

I done with this.

I'm with you ALL THE WAY on this post. Lets handle business FIRST.
MasterRyu
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#44 » by MasterRyu » Mon Jun 8, 2009 7:14 pm

For me, it's Kobe winning one with Shaq. If anything, it's just to quiet those people who keep spewing nonsense like Kobe's rings don't count cuz he wasn't the MAN or first option on his 3-peat run.

Then Phil beating Red. I don't know. I live in Boston, and they (friends, coworkers, random strangers) all want Lakers to lose to preserve Red's record. It'd be funny when that goes down the drain.

Pau and Odom winning their First. I like these guys and so far they have made the statement that they want to win. Kudos.

Lakers winning the 15th. Iono, I'm not a history person. I don't care all too much about super historic achievements. I'm all about the modern era. It'd be great for Lakers nation as a whole, but until they beat the Celtics record, it's not much to rejoice about. I didn't think the Celtics winning their 17th last year was a big deal either. Instead, them winning their first in something like 20+ years was the headline for me.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#45 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Jun 8, 2009 7:59 pm

i didnt want to jump in, but what the hell...

i wanna change this sig of mine that says 14 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS.

the way that last championship run we had just left a bad taste. and thats almost impossible for other fans to fathom, but although we won, it was just an ugly break up and divorce. and i wanna win!! win with this crew. win as a team. where winning is the only thing that counts, not the individuals place in history or money gettin paid or any of that. JUST WIN!

i think with this title win, we can accomplish a 3peat, and get to bostons 17 championships. pull us even. then let our franchise pursue the top prize alone with some moves and get the 18th.

phil taking over reds number 9.

kobe doesnt need 4. kobe needs 6 to be able to catch you know who. and then to finally place his name in a stratosphere where no one else can follow. heck, magic has 5. russell doesnt count due to those were weak and watered down leagues at that time with no where near the talent and athletes weve got today.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#46 » by TylersLakers » Mon Jun 8, 2009 8:08 pm

I'll be happy because of all the failures of the last season between Kobe and Shaq, Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, bad Mitch, Finals 2008, then onto the good of Gasol, Fish returning, etc.. All wrapped into one. It really is all about the Journey.
daddyfivestar
Banned User

Post#47 » by daddyfivestar » Mon Jun 8, 2009 8:09 pm

Phil already has 10 rings for 10 fingers. The 11th could be for his *p^%@i< ummmm Jeannie.

9 Coach
1 Player

Flipdog69xxx
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#48 » by Flipdog69xxx » Mon Jun 8, 2009 10:16 pm

Iceburg Slim wrote:1. Phil Jackson's record-breaking 10th coaching Championship.
2. Kobe Bryant's 4th Championship.
3. Kobe's 1st Championship w/o Shaquille O'Neal and his first as the leading man.
4. Redemption for last year.

agreed. Lakers getting 15 is great, but still behind the c's. Once we get past their 17 then we can add that (of course the haters are never going to acknowledge/count the championships from the Minneapolis days).
daddyfivestar
Banned User

Post#49 » by daddyfivestar » Mon Jun 8, 2009 10:20 pm

^ At least they are still the LAKERS... it's not like they changed the name to the Thunder, or Clippers, when they moved out.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers