Shaq wants back

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Magic Mamba
Junior
And1: 22

Shaq wants back 

Post#1 » by Magic Mamba » Sat Jun 6, 2009 11:19 pm

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... ack_in_la/[url]
ImageMultiple league sources, including with the Lakers, believe Shaquille O'Neal wants to return to the Lakers.

It is extremely unlikely that the Lakers or Kobe Bryant would also want a reunion.

The Cavaliers could revisit trade talks they had with the Suns regarding O'Neal.

I wouldn't mind him bak if we win the championship .... he could teach bynum a thing or two
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,111

Re: Shaq wants back 

Post#2 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jun 7, 2009 1:11 am

he could, but it all depends on kobe...

lakers arent trading for him though, if he manages to separate himself from his contract later this year and depending on injuries

maybe...
Mindflayer
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#3 » by Mindflayer » Sun Jun 7, 2009 2:13 am

$haq will never be a Laker again. Buss will nor allow it.
MaryvalesFinest wrote:
"J-Rich is a better dunker than Kobe and can put up the same stats if he was "the man" of the Lakers, advantage = J-Rich"
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,335

Post#4 » by Pablo Escobar » Sun Jun 7, 2009 3:04 am

what happened to kobe couldnt win without me or kobe tell me how my bum tastes get out of here with that bs we winning titles and shaq is at home lets keep it that way
Plata o Plomo?
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,835

Post#5 » by Sedale Threatt » Sun Jun 7, 2009 3:11 am

I'll take anybody who can help us win. But with Bynum, Gasol and a re-signed Odom, that's a pretty crowded frontcourt. I don't see where he fits. We could use a legitimate point guard a hell of a lot more than a 38-year-old Shaq.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#6 » by ALL HAIL » Sun Jun 7, 2009 3:40 am

Shaq is merely trying to put himself in a situation in which he can win as many rings as possible so that he can be seen as the best big man ever.

He knows that as long as he can still contribute (he can), that he needs rings to cement himself as one of the top three bigs ever.

I can almost guarantee that he merely wants to contribute in any capacity while winning as many rings as possible. In his mind he'd probably like to retire with at least six ... that would put him right up there with some of the greatest who have ever played.

Unfortunately, with Odom on the roster, we just don't need him in the rotation. We could use him as a fourth big, but he won't be in the rotation, playing every game ... I don't think he would go for having DNP-CDs ... he wants to contribute, even if it means playing 15 minutes a game.

15 minutes will not be there if and when we resign Odom.

Love you Shaq but your best bet might have to be Orlando ... gonna have to really swallow your pride to play for Stan Van and backup D12, two guys you have already clowned publicly.

The moral of the story ... DON"T BURN BRIDGES.
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#7 » by TruSkool » Sun Jun 7, 2009 3:46 am

15-20 min of burn for shaq isnt out of the question...
with shaq, the lakers can finally can and probably will run the bynum-gasol-odom frontcourt....the reason phil doesnt do it is because we have a weak bench in mbenga....
if shaq steps up, expect odom to start at small forward and ariza to come off the bench...

the only player who will probably be short of PT will be luke walton, IMO.
AmusingFiddle
Rookie
And1: 315

Post#8 » by AmusingFiddle » Sun Jun 7, 2009 4:14 am

I could fatham a buyout by Phoenix and for Shaq to sign for MLE type money to play for us. However, not at the expense of Kobe opting out and signing elsewhere after next year. He took a LOT A LOT of heat for the Shaq trade.
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#9 » by b shaw20 » Sun Jun 7, 2009 4:15 am

even in a nest case scenario for us on the court, thecrisk we take bringing Shaq into the locker room and have him poison it is too much and one we can't take.

We don't need him, pass.
Kobe_for_3
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#10 » by Kobe_for_3 » Sun Jun 7, 2009 4:21 am

this is never going to happen - it doesnt matter how much he wants back
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#11 » by Sofa King » Sun Jun 7, 2009 4:36 am

He wants to win more rings so that he can later tell Kareem, "I'm not immature!"
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 364

Post#12 » by Silvie Lysandra » Sun Jun 7, 2009 5:15 am

last 3 years shaq couldn't do without me - kobe "da black mamba" bryant
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#13 » by YiYaoYue » Sun Jun 7, 2009 5:46 am

I can see it happening if Odom doesn't get resigned, but if Lakers resign odom and ariza the team should be very very close to the hard cap which will leave no salary room for any MLE unless Lakers can get rid of Sasha and Morrison's contract.
Sasha Vujacic = The Phail Machine = The Ring Blocker

Trade Sasha before he ruins the Lakers next season.
OldSchoolNoBull
General Manager
And1: 3,591

Post#14 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Sun Jun 7, 2009 6:25 am

KB24_ILLMATIC wrote:what happened to kobe couldnt win without me or kobe tell me how my bum tastes get out of here with that bs we winning titles and shaq is at home lets keep it that way

"we winning titles?" Seriously? What are you talking about? Last time I checked, this current Lakers squad hasn't won one title yet, let alone titles. There's still three games to go. Don't put the cart before horse. At least wait until they actually win it before you trash talk about it. ;)
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Post#15 » by The Laker Kid » Sun Jun 7, 2009 7:03 am

NO. :nonono:

Have you all got amnesia or something??
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Post#16 » by tkb » Sun Jun 7, 2009 7:18 am

I'd take him back if he first off salvaged his relationship with Buss, took a MAJOR pay cut from his 20 million and was willing to play a reduced role and help mentor Bynum with Kareem. Could Shaq's ego handle that? Doubtful.

Shaq's motives are painfully obvious though. He doesn't want Kobe to have more rings than he does, so if we win this year and he comes back, he'll win a ring for each ring Kobe wins for a couple years.
Dome
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Dome » Sun Jun 7, 2009 8:00 am

I'm not sure what to think, judging all of the stuff that has come out regarding Shaq lately, I'm starting to think he has some sort of an early, athlete-type midlife crisis or something. First all the stuff about calling Dwight an impostor and all that, the whole weight loss thing (for anyone who followed him on twitter) and now this. I just get the feeling he's very insecure right now and seeks attention/love wherever he can find it. I'm not saying he shouldn't go back to the Lakers or anything, but he (/his comments) have just been very unstable lately.
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by YiYaoYue » Sun Jun 7, 2009 9:00 am

lately? Shaq has always been like this... i knew he was going to stick his head in when it was Magic vs Lakers.
Sasha Vujacic = The Phail Machine = The Ring Blocker

Trade Sasha before he ruins the Lakers next season.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#19 » by SashAlex » Sun Jun 7, 2009 9:45 am

You know, I'm afraid of Shaq being a Laker. Seriously! He's like a black box, you never know what's gonna happen next, what is he going to say next !?

With years, I realize more and more that it was his fault for all those things that happened back in 2004. We all know he won't be back playing for the Lakers.
joave
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#20 » by joave » Sun Jun 7, 2009 10:23 am

Well, I don't want him back. We've already had enough big guys. He doesn't fit here. What's more, the thing between hm and Kobe is still there. Shaq of course wants back, he wants championships as many as possible. He's the one who is really selfish.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers