ImageImageImageImageImage

So where were you when Pau got traded to LA and

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

wackokid05
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: So where were you when Pau got traded to LA and 

Post#21 » by wackokid05 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:18 am

my brother called me during class so i went outside and he told me and i went around the entire school telling everyone running around givin hugs :)
Flipdog69xxx
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#22 » by Flipdog69xxx » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:31 am

I was at the gym (after I was done with my classes for that day). I was finishing up my workout and espn was playin in the lockeroom. First thought through my head....OOOOHHHH F*******!!! haha I was walkin on air the rest of the day.
Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Post#23 » by Speedlot » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:52 am

I was going to class.. and heard it on the radio. I was also sad cus we lost crittenton. LMAO
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#24 » by Tekkenlaw » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:14 am

I saw it on realgm first. I was like "Wtf did we trade for him?!?"
KObe Bryant
Analyst

Post#25 » by KObe Bryant » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:34 am

Well I think that was a day of a weekend so after five days of school I rested a lot not able also to catch the game against Detroit on time. I woke up about already 12 in the morning. First, I was really pissed because my brother was forcing me to wake up. And he said "Hey, Kwame Brown was just traded for Pau Gasol" And I thought he was just kidding me first but when I immediately went to RealGM and just saw that huge news. I just had IMed my friends who are Celtic fans that they should be scared because we got Pau. 8-)
blazersmaniac8
Analyst

Post#26 » by blazersmaniac8 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:49 am

I know you guys don't care being that I'm a blazers fan. However, when I heard the news I was at oregon state visiting friends and when I heard that news/it was for kwame I was extremely upset. Trade has got a little more even from grizzlies side but it pissed the ish out of me when I heard it originally :evil:
diegorociana
Ballboy

Post#27 » by diegorociana » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:12 am

I remember perfectly.

I was at home watching the film "dreams" by Akira kurosawa. This film is divided in eight parts/dreams. When the fourth dream ended I went to visit Internet to see the hour of the Raptors-Lakers match. In Spain the games at 3 am.

I saw the photo in NBA.com of Pau against Lakers with the title "Pau traded to Lakers". I couldn't believe it, i didn't realize until few second after watching this.

I didn't finish watching "Dreams" because I was all night reading Internet pages about the trade.

"dreams by Pau Gasol" can be a good title if someone wants to make a movie of the trade and what came later.
For me was more than only dreams: I'm a Lakers fan, I'm spanish and the best of all: Kwame was traded
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#28 » by SashAlex » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:45 am

dcash4 wrote:i found out when i logged on to realgm about an hour after it was announced. i remember seeing the thread and before clicking preparing myself for the end of the LO in purple n gold era or having to watch bynum tear up the league for the next decade. then i found out it was for kwame, lol.

When I didn't see there Andrew or Lamar, I just couldn't believe that ! Even if it was a headline on realgm ! Pau Gasol traded for Marc Gasol, Kwame Brown, J. Crittenton, A. Mckie, draft picks and cash considerations and that's not even the half of the value Pau Gasol has ! LOL !

Then I went on to espn.com to make it sure it was not a joke. Then, I couldn't stop thinking about that for 3 days, at home, at the university. I even remember that at the Statistics class, I went to the board all smiling and the teacher asked me : "What are you so happy about ? Are you in love ? Have you won something ? - she asked wondering and smiling too." "No ! - I said. The Lakers acquired Pau Gasol!" She had no idea who I was talking about. LOL !

I realized then how much this team could do. Magic for almost nothing, Kobe for Vlade Divac, Shaq for free, Kareem, and Pau. Lucky ?! No ? Blessed ? Yes !
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#29 » by semi-sentient » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:18 pm

The last time this topic came up I remembered where I was.

Now I have no idea.

Your memory goes as you age. Drugs too. Gay.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
BallAboveAll
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#30 » by BallAboveAll » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:57 pm

I was driving heard it on the radio. At first I was pissed because I thought we traded Lamar and or Bynum. Then I heard what we got him for and then I :lol: .
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by lakersfanatic » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:34 pm

i was sleeping and dreaming for a miracle and it came!!!

but for the season, i didn't think the lakers would win the title but instead had a very good chance to. We're just wasn't experience enough. Now that Pau knows what needs to be done, we finally got there. We love you Jerry West ;-)
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,981

Post#32 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:18 pm

Flipdog69xxx wrote:I was at the gym (after I was done with my classes for that day). I was finishing up my workout and espn was playin in the lockeroom. First thought through my head....OOOOHHHH F*******!!! haha I was walkin on air the rest of the day.

"Walking on air..."

That's the best way to describe it. Felt the exact same way.

I even remember the day when I came home from work, still in college, to find out that we'd signed Shaquille O'Neal. That was right before the Internet had gotten really widespread, so news of that was minimal if you didn't live in L.A. (I was in Minnesota). I just remember we kept trading guys every few days to clear up cap space. When it finally happened...you want to talk about walking on air? Try shooting into the stratosphere.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#33 » by TonyMontana » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:55 pm

Haaa haaaa............ Nice stories Mangs.
LA Warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#34 » by LA Warrior » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:55 pm

i felt like i called it, because for the week leading up to the trade i kept telling my brother. Kwames a 9 mil expiring, were going to get something for him. i NEVER expected Gasol! I've been a Gasol since this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrkvaUN30as . I saw that dunk the day it happened and for years me and a good buddy of mine, that recently passed away would always say Gasol was a beast jokingly. Whenever someone talked basketball we would say "its all about gasol!" LOL.

So when we did get him as soon as i saw him we both just started laughing.... RIP hommie Lakeshow brought home the trophy.
Greatest comment I've ever received.
Phil Jackson wrote:I've never really had a favorite poster but this guy might be it. The symbolism he uses is deep and ****.
fareweatherfan
Senior
And1: 1

Post#35 » by fareweatherfan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:39 pm

I was at work. Nobody at my office knows a thing about the Lakers (or sports, for the most part) except one file clerk (he's gone now, so its just me).

File clerks don't have internet access so I went downstairs and told him the good news. We were so loud that my coworkers came out of their offices to see what was going on. I told them, they didn't know who Pau was, so they went back in their offices dismissively.

My best day at work ever.
pdub15
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#36 » by pdub15 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:13 pm

At my boy Matt's (Aka Slim Shady) house. My Cousin told me because I had just got off work. I knew right than that we were on our way to creating a dynasty.
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#37 » by miggs » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:32 pm

It was my little bro's 12th birthday. he was all bummed like me cuz of the Detroit loss. As another poster put, we always skip the recap when the Lakers lose. My bro records EVERY Lakers game onthe DVR but when they lose he IMMEDIATELY erases the game, his reasoning is: "Why do i have to see a loss again?"

I am ALWAYS on Realgm since early last season cuz i always loved how quick the news came on there plus what you guys would all put was mad interesting and had me crackin up at work. I worked at Sprint at the time and was by myself, i was pretty upset at the Detroit loss. I was blazin a bowl and doin inventory when the Realgm page finished loading and it said we had traded for Gasol! i came, then checked to see who we had lost, then i came again. Rolled a fatty, fogged up the dome then stared at the newstory on realgm for about 10 mins in total disbelief. i told my bro and he didn't believe me, then he saw it as true and he said, "Now THIS is a birthday present." :lol:

I spent the rest of the month salivating on a Lakers trophy which now seemed as close as the Shaq days. ah... to be a Laker fan, what a way of life.
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#38 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:04 am

Akiho wrote:
#9 wrote:who's that in ur avatar Akiho?

korean race queen by the name of Song JiNa or i think 송지나
wow you just ruined my fantasy. I use to imagine she was signning something about 10 guys filling her mouth with....well you know. now I am picturing her getting car sick while driving. :oops:

anyway, I was talking to a Celtics fan at work about the possibilty of a Celtics and the Lakers finals, but wasn't sure because Bynum was out. I went home after that conversation just to find out we got Pau so I called him back to tell him that yes, the Celtics and Lakers would make it to the finals.
Forum permissions