Calgary's play on Detroit

The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#21 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:59 am

**** guys lets talk about Kipper getting speared and Lebda's intent to injure Langkow. They were setting a tone and were over excited.

Kipper got that #%@^@ treatment all series but he did not go to acting school like Hasek or any of teh red wings. They have ketchup packets in teh helmets they drew blood from a fricking tap.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#22 » by ajaX82 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:05 am

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:**** guys lets talk about Kipper getting speared and Lebda's intent to injure Langkow. They were setting a tone and were over excited.

Kipper got that #%@^@ treatment all series but he did not go to acting school like Hasek or any of teh red wings. They have ketchup packets in teh helmets they drew blood from a fricking tap.

Or Langkows punch on Lebda after the hit (clean by the way) and how Lebda sat out game 6 because of the ensuing concussion. Lets chat about that.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,209

Post#23 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:49 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:**** guys lets talk about Kipper getting speared and Lebda's intent to injure Langkow. They were setting a tone and were over excited.

Kipper got that #%@^@ treatment all series but he did not go to acting school like Hasek or any of teh red wings. They have ketchup packets in teh helmets they drew from a fricking tap.

ajaX82 and The_Child_Prodigy lets not get out of hand here. Sure it was a very physical series and nobody is doubting it wasn't but Calgary and Detroit had their fair share of bad mistakes but that play by McLennan on Johan was just dirty the guy could have caused some serious injuries or worse.

Are you talking about the high stick on Tomas Holmstrom? It was a accentital (sp) high stick to the eye area. Of course that will draw out, about 60 or more percent of the so call "Kipper runs" were Red Wings checked by Calgary defensemen into Kipper I have even seen guys trying to avoid the hit on Kipper.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
DEREK57
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#24 » by DEREK57 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:43 pm

xbl_sucks wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

True, I mean if he injured Johan Franzen I would have expected some more games I kinda think this is the end of Mclennan in Calgary kinda cost them the series with this boneheaded move.

How??

xbl_sucks wrote:

ajaX82 and The_Child_Prodigy lets not get out of hand here. Sure it was a very physical series and nobody is doubting it wasn't but Calgary and Detroit had their fair share of bad mistakes but that play by McLennan on Johan was just dirty the guy could have caused some serious injuries or worse.

Are you talking about the high stick on Tomas Holmstrom? It was a accentital (sp) high stick to the eye area. Of course that will draw out, about 60 or more percent of the so call "Kipper runs" were Red Wings checked by Calgary defensemen into Kipper I have even seen guys trying to avoid the hit on Kipper.

Obviously the play of Mclennan was dirty, it wasnt legal, and that was clear, but lets not act as if thats uncommon in hockey. If you feel someone is trying to take cheap shots at one of your stars, you usually send out a tough guy to try and give them a message. Im not saying Mclennans play is a part of the game, however the actual illegal danger posed by a stick to the gut (im sure it hurt, but its not as if it was really swung maliciously) its not as if it has a likely chance of injuries, at least given the state of the series at that point.

Again, trying to miss kipper a few times, doesnt mean they werent trying to run him, it meant they weren't morons, and trying to get dumb penalties. & more then any possible risk to kipper, i think a bigger issue was constant slight interference in the crease on the goalie. It was mild, but constant through the entire series, and wasnt getting called.

At least those are my thoughts.

ps. lol@detroit fans chanting 'calgary sucks'.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#25 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:36 pm

ajaX82 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Or Langkows punch on Lebda after the hit (clean by the way) and how Lebda sat out game 6 because of the ensuing concussion. Lets chat about that.

good for him, detroit comes in thinking we can do whatever we want to Calgary players and so Langkow punches him. Guess what if you want to injure someone you are not gonna apologize and play on.

Kipper got way worse than the mclennan all series long. And if Franzen got injured blah blah blah do you get injured when someone throws a how wheels car at you?

Kipper got that the whole series and the refs in game 1 (mick mcgeuh) certainly helped you.

You guys are dirty very dirty but you sell your penalties and pretend it never happened.

Why do you think Langkow got a no call? Lebda did it when the ref had his back turned. Then we he truns around Lebda will pretend he was raped and the ref will see Langkow skate away call a long penalty.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,209

Post#26 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:53 pm

DEREK57 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Obviously the play of Mclennan was dirty, it wasnt legal, and that was clear, but lets not act as if thats uncommon in hockey. If you feel someone is trying to take cheap shots at one of your stars, you usually send out a tough guy to try and give them a message. Im not saying Mclennans play is a part of the game, however the actual illegal danger posed by a stick to the gut (im sure it hurt, but its not as if it was really swung maliciously) its not as if it has a likely chance of injuries, at least given the state of the series at that point.

Again, trying to miss kipper a few times, doesnt mean they werent trying to run him, it meant they weren't morons, and trying to get dumb penalties. & more then any possible risk to kipper, i think a bigger issue was constant slight interference in the crease on the goalie. It was mild, but constant through the entire series, and wasnt getting called.

At least those are my thoughts.

ps. lol@detroit fans chanting 'calgary sucks'.

Do you know how much thicker and bigger a goalie stick is then a normal players stick? I am not saying the play was the worst I have seen but still a shot like that could do serious damage since you have alot of senstive organs in the stomach and if you were to say tear/rip or bruse one it's very painful. I know becuase I had 2 ulcers both gastirc and they are not plesent things to have. It looked like he (Mclennan) kinda thought he knew what he doing as well, and said to himself hell lets do something to the Wings off and throw them off their game for games 6 and 7 but what it did was make us more ed off.

We were not running Kipper, I mean Thomas Holmstrom was almost cut by Scottie Bowman for having no real hockey skills. Dave Andreychuk made a career out of it. He (Bowmen) told Holmstorm that he would have to stand in front of the net to screen the goalie and work on tip in's. It's not illegal to screen to goalie but you guys were acting like we were runing him, which wasn't the case trust me if we were would would get one of our scrubs to crash the net and injure him. To be honest Mike Babcock s players who do that and has benched a few for doing it.

Not saying we did nothing wrong but the McLennan play was one of the worst acts I have ever seen. Hell he just needed to make like a few saves and "hold down the fort" for less then 5 mins to end out the game and give Kipper a break. Brett Hull said it best "There is and there will never will be a place for this in hockey. It's very selfish on the part of Jammie and he did one of the worst things you can do for your team which is make the other team fired up on home ice."

The NHL in my honest opinion needs to down on people who go after the other players and intentionally injure the other players like Chris Simon, McLennan, Cam Janessen and others. 5 games for something like is kinda short I mean what happened if he did it and cost the Wings a shot at the Cup or whatever. I think Bertuzzi should still be suspended as well for his dirty play on Steve Moore.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by timd1218 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:46 am

xbl_sucks wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think Bertuzzi should still be suspended as well for his dirty play on Steve Moore.

I do too. Him, Dale Hunter should have never set foot on NHL ice for what he did to LaFontaine, Simon, and etc. should not be in the NHL. These players are the reason why hardly no one in America watches it.

The only time ESPN seems to show the NHL when this happens and it's pitiful. The NHL has the greatest sports figure right now and that is Sidney Crosby. Instead of him getting showcased, Chris Simons whack to Hollweg is shown.

Kick them out now before something worse happens.

At least McLennan had his head on somewhat when he did this. Could have been to his head. That was the only good thing to come of this.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#28 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:21 pm

timd1218 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I do too. Him, Dale Hunter should have never set foot on NHL ice for what he did to LaFontaine, Simon, and etc. should not be in the NHL. These players are the reason why hardly no one in America watches it.

The only time ESPN seems to show the NHL when this happens and it's pitiful. The NHL has the greatest sports figure right now and that is Sidney Crosby. Instead of him getting showcased, Chris Simons whack to Hollweg is shown.

Kick them out now before something worse happens.

At least McLennan had his head on somewhat when he did this. Could have been to his head. That was the only good thing to come of this.

to be fair he came around right when steve nash won 2 straight MVPs and Lebron James and Reggie Bush were coming out. Then LT sets a new TD record. I would not call him that yet though.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by timd1218 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:13 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

to be fair he came around right when steve nash won 2 straight MVPs and Lebron James and Reggie Bush were coming out. Then LT sets a new TD record. I would not call him that yet though.

I think it is fair to call him that. Lebron James hasn't yet won a scoring title or lead his team to the playoffs in his second season, Reggie Bush didn't look so hot in his first season. LT is the only one that comes close to Crosby.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?

Return to The General NHL Board