Landeskog Becomes Youngest Captain Ever

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Landeskog Becomes Youngest Captain Ever 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Tue Sep 4, 2012 11:58 pm

The Avalanche announced today that forward Gabriel Landeskog has been named team captain. Landeskog was appointed captain by head coach Joe Sacco after Milan Hejduk informed the coaching staff that he has relinquished his role.

Hejduk, who served as captain during the 2011-12 campaign, will remain as an assistant captain this upcoming season along with Paul Stastny.

According to available research, at 19 years, 286 days, Landeskog is the youngest captain in NHL history. He is 11 days younger than Sidney Crosby, who was 19 years, 297 days when he was named captain of the Penguins on May 31, 2007.

Read more: http://hockey.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar ... z25Y4ciNdc

Pretty crazy to be named the captain of a pro team at that age. But if everything they say about his is true I can see why the Av's did it.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Landeskog Becomes Youngest Captain Ever 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Wed Sep 5, 2012 1:31 am

I think making a teenager the captain of a professional sports team is silly, but good for him
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Landeskog Becomes Youngest Captain Ever 

Post#3 » by Nolan » Wed Sep 5, 2012 2:40 am

ajaX82 wrote:I think making a teenager the captain of a professional sports team is silly, but good for him

Totally agree. I'm sure he's a great leader and i'm sure he'll be a great captain but its still kinda a slap in the face to some of the veterans in that locker room.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to The General NHL Board