Scott Gomez Sent Home

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Scott Gomez Sent Home 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Not exactly a shocking move considering how badly they want him gone/need him gone for cap reasons.

But this raises another question. Who else gets sent home for the season? I'm guessing the Rangers are going to do the same thing with Wade Redden. Do the Flyers have the balls to do the same thing with Ilya Bryzgalov or what about the Islanders and Rick DiPietro?

Thoughts?
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Re: Scott Gomez Sent Home 

Post#2 » by Crowned » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:54 pm

The Gomez trade easily has to go down as one of the worst trades in the last few years. Yes, worse than the Kessel deal. In 3 years with the Habs, the 7+ million dollar man put up a combined 21 goals and was a -23. If the contract wasn't bad enough, they traded Ryan McDonagh for him. Even though he's bounced around, even Christopher Higgins has outproduced the guy (who was also involved in the deal). It's no wonder they're trading to make Gomez go away as quickly as possible, I'd want to forget about the deal too.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#3 » by sh00n » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:50 am

Crowned wrote:The Gomez trade easily has to go down as one of the worst trades in the last few years. Yes, worse than the Kessel deal. In 3 years with the Habs, the 7+ million dollar man put up a combined 21 goals and was a -23. If the contract wasn't bad enough, they traded Ryan McDonagh for him. Even though he's bounced around, even Christopher Higgins has outproduced the guy (who was also involved in the deal). It's no wonder they're trading to make Gomez go away as quickly as possible, I'd want to forget about the deal too.

Worst part is, Sather didn't even want McDonagh. He wanted Higgins and Gainey included McDonagh as a throw in. Just a terrible trade all around. Ranks right up there with the Chelios and Roy trades for the Habs.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#4 » by Nolan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:54 am

And now both Gomez and Redden are getting the new compliance buyouts. I wonder if anyones going to pick up either of them.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to The General NHL Board