NHL 2013-2014 THREAD

Moderator: Nolan

ohara
Head Coach
Posts: 7,221
And1: 164
Joined: May 24, 2008

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#21 » by ohara » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:01 am

So much for the hot start of my Canes. They have now lost both their first and second goalies. This could go downhill real fast.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,983
And1: 5,146
Joined: Jan 13, 2005
Location: TD Garden
 

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#22 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat Nov 2, 2013 8:11 am

What a disgrace by Philly. What's the story there? Did Caps deserve it?

I don't mind what Simmons did, but emery needs to get jumped behind an alley by caps fans and see how he likes it, same with the flyers player who unclipped the guys helmet then started swinging. What a bitch.

I heard goalie fight and I got all excited, then I saw that pathetic mugging by emery and I smh.

I'm open to changing my tune if Washington was overly chirping.
User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,527
And1: 6,060
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#23 » by Nolan » Sun Nov 3, 2013 10:08 pm

Cootie Puff Jr wrote:What a disgrace by Philly. What's the story there? Did Caps deserve it?

I don't mind what Simmons did, but emery needs to get jumped behind an alley by caps fans and see how he likes it, same with the flyers player who unclipped the guys helmet then started swinging. What a bitch.

I heard goalie fight and I got all excited, then I saw that pathetic mugging by emery and I smh.

I'm open to changing my tune if Washington was overly chirping.


That whole mele was a joke espically what Emery did. What makes it even worse is all the people defending him by playing the race card.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,983
And1: 5,146
Joined: Jan 13, 2005
Location: TD Garden
 

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#24 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Nov 6, 2013 6:49 am

Nolan wrote:
Cootie Puff Jr wrote:What a disgrace by Philly. What's the story there? Did Caps deserve it?

I don't mind what Simmons did, but emery needs to get jumped behind an alley by caps fans and see how he likes it, same with the flyers player who unclipped the guys helmet then started swinging. What a bitch.

I heard goalie fight and I got all excited, then I saw that pathetic mugging by emery and I smh.

I'm open to changing my tune if Washington was overly chirping.


That whole mele was a joke espically what Emery did. What makes it even worse is all the people defending him by playing the race card.


:noway:
User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,527
And1: 6,060
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#25 » by Nolan » Sat Nov 9, 2013 1:33 am

And the Oilers went out and signed Brygalov after trading away one of their better D-men to the Flames. Such a great day to be an Oilers fan.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
User avatar
hsb
RealGM
Posts: 11,626
And1: 6,446
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
       

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#26 » by hsb » Sat Nov 9, 2013 6:19 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ9Q23-oViQ#t=13[/youtube]

Just another day for Phil Kessel.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,527
And1: 6,060
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#27 » by Nolan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:32 am

Kessel has been snipping like crazy this year.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,527
And1: 6,060
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#28 » by Nolan » Mon Dec 2, 2013 5:16 am

The Oilers have actually been playing some decent hockey lately. Its a little late but nice to see.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
ohara
Head Coach
Posts: 7,221
And1: 164
Joined: May 24, 2008

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#29 » by ohara » Sat Dec 7, 2013 2:38 am

My Canes are finally starting to play well again. Not gonna say anything more and jinx them.
User avatar
Beryl 96
Starter
Posts: 2,148
And1: 0
Joined: Nov 18, 2006
Location: Lake Villa, IL
   

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#30 » by Beryl 96 » Sun Dec 8, 2013 6:55 pm

How about them Ducks and Hawks??
User avatar
Higga
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,877
And1: 823
Joined: Jan 29, 2007
Location: Tyson's Corner, VA

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#31 » by Higga » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:40 pm

4 goals for Ovie. The best player in the world is back. Swaggin...
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,527
And1: 6,060
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#32 » by Nolan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:55 pm

Higga wrote:4 goals for Ovie. The best player in the world is back. Swaggin...


That was an insane game. Ovie dominated that game.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
ohara
Head Coach
Posts: 7,221
And1: 164
Joined: May 24, 2008

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#33 » by ohara » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:30 am

Ever since returning from his injury, Jeff Skinner is really playing some beautiful hockey. Huge reason the Canes are in the playoff hunt. That in the play of Peters guarding the net.
User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,527
And1: 6,060
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#34 » by Nolan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:50 pm

No idea how Wilson didn't get suspended for that hit.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,527
And1: 6,060
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#35 » by Nolan » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:52 pm

Ugh, I hate Mac T so much. Trades Dubynk for a 4th liner signed to a stupid contract then trades a 3rd for Scrivens who's an unrestriced free agent after this year.

Does he not release that the goalies aren't the problem? Our defense is beyond awful in every possible way.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 98,061
And1: 11,482
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#36 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:51 am

Barry Trotz weeps. It's now going to be that much more difficult to play an entire game with only 4th line grinders.
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."


I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,527
And1: 6,060
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#37 » by Nolan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:56 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlel1VPZ4zA[/youtube]

Annnd line brawl.

Douche move by Hartley if you ask me. No reason to start a game with those guys on the ice.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 98,061
And1: 11,482
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#38 » by trwi7 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:22 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LAKings/status/432983540238913536[/tweet]

:lol:
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."


I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,527
And1: 6,060
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#39 » by Nolan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:55 am

trwi7 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/LAKings/status/432983540238913536[/tweet]

:lol:


That's amazing.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
User avatar
hsb
RealGM
Posts: 11,626
And1: 6,446
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
       

Re: NHL 2013-2014 THREAD 

Post#40 » by hsb » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:22 am

IOC will pay Tavares’ salary during his absence from Isles lineup

It won’t fill the massive void John Tavares leaves behind and it probably won’t cool New York Islanders GM Garth Snow’s temper, but at least it’s something: the IOC’s insurance will cover Tavares’ salary during his injury absence.

That word comes from both TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie and New York Newsday.

Consider this another minor silver lining for the Islanders, as it appears the 23-year-old won’t need surgery on a partially torn MCL. (It’s worth noting that knee injuries can be tricky, however, so we’ll see how his rehab goes along.)

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/26/ioc-will-pay-tavares-salary-during-his-absence-from-isles-lineup/
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'

Return to The General NHL Board