Official American Hockey League Thread

Moderator: Crowned

WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Official American Hockey League Thread 

Post#1 » by WEFFPIM » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:19 pm

Here, the at least two of us who are fans of the AHL can discuss the happenings in the league and such, which kicks off Wednesday, October 3rd.

The AHL

*New team to AHL

Eastern Conference
Atlantic Division
Hartford Wolf Pack
Lowell Devils
Manchester Monarchs
Portland Pirates
Providence Bruins
Springfield Falcons
Worcester Sharks

East Division
Albany River Rats
Binghamton Senators
Bridgeport Sound Tigers
Hershey Bears
Norfolk Admirals
Philadelphia Phantoms
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (timd1218)

Western Conference
North Division
Grand Rapids Griffins (ajaX82)
Hamilton Bulldogs
Lake Erie Monsters*
Manitoba Moose
Rochester Americans
Syracuse Crunch
Toronto Marlies

West Division
Chicago Wolves (SportsWorld)
Houston Aeros
Iowa Stars
Milwaukee Admirals (trwi7)
Peoria Rivermen
Quad City Flames*
Rockford IceHogs* (WEFFPIM)
San Antonio Rampage

This is also beneficial to those who aren't AHL fans, but want to see how your NHL team's minor league squad is doing. Go IceHogs.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:57 pm

Griffens are my boys, i love to go see them play. Jimmy Howard is prolly gunna be the starter down there, so ill be comin around here to discuss his greatnes im sure

Good thread idea
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#3 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:08 am

ajaX82 wrote:Griffens are my boys, i love to go see them play. Jimmy Howard is prolly gunna be the starter down there, so ill be comin around here to discuss his greatnes im sure

Good thread idea

trwi7 and I from the Milwaukee boards came up with it. He's an Admirals (Milwaukee) season ticket holder, and the Rockford IceHogs (UHL Champs last season, now in the AHL) are my hometown team and love going to games. Glad there's another one out there, and hopefully this thread will have at least some action on it throughout the season.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#4 » by SportsWorld » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:52 am

Chicago Wolves FTW
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#5 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:05 am

SportsWorld wrote:Chicago Wolves FTW

Wolves games are good times. IceHogs games rock. I win.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,283

Post#6 » by trwi7 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:08 am

ajaX82 wrote:Griffens are my boys, i love to go see them play. Jimmy Howard is prolly gunna be the starter down there, so ill be comin around here to discuss his greatnes im sure

Good thread idea

The Admirals always pwn the Griffins. Oh how I enjoyed the Ads sweeping the Griffins in the 2006 Western Conference Finals. :)

ETA: We're screwed when we play Iowa, we suck against them.

And Cal O'Reilly and Rich Peverley are back!:rockon:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ajaX82 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:18 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Admirals always pwn the Griffins. Oh how I enjoyed the Ads sweeping the Griffins in the 2006 Western Conference Finals. :)

ETA: We're screwed when we play Iowa, we suck against them.

And Cal O'Reilly and Rich Peverley are back!:rockon:

Pffff... The Admirals scare me as much as a kitten. I cant wait for the season so you can see the force that is Grand Rapids
trwi7
RealGM

Post#8 » by trwi7 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:43 pm

ajaX82 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Pffff... The Admirals scare me as much as a kitten. I cant wait for the season so you can see the force that is Grand Rapids

Doesn't matter if they scare you, the only thing that matters is Jimmy Howard craps his pants everytime the Admirals show up.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#9 » by timd1218 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:34 am

I had a Wilkes-Barre/Scranton thread on the Pens board but I was the only one who posted in it so I got rid of it. Good to know there is now a place to go. WB/S love to choke in the playoffs.

Hopefully, this season will be different. David Brown should be starting this season for the team. Plus, the team has a lot of experience.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
trwi7
RealGM

Post#10 » by trwi7 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:11 am

timd1218 wrote:I had a Wilkes-Barre/Scranton thread on the Pens board but I was the only one who posted in it so I got rid of it. Good to know there is now a place to go. WB/S love to choke in the playoffs.

Hopefully, this season will be different. David Brown should be starting this season for the team. Plus, the team has a lot of experience.

I feel some Hershey hate in the house and I like it.

trwi7
RealGM

Post#11 » by trwi7 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:51 am

THe Admirals pwned the Woofs tonight 8-4 in their first preseason game. Tomorrow they head to where I played hockey, the Mullett Center facing Lake Erie. It's only about a 3 minute drive from my house so I'll probably go.

WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#12 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:50 pm

trwi7 wrote:THe Admirals pwned the Woofs tonight 8-4 in their first preseason game. Tomorrow they head to where I played hockey, the Mullett Center facing Lake Erie. It's only about a 3 minute drive from my house so I'll probably go.

Well isn't that just a feather in your cap?
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#13 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Oct 1, 2007 7:49 pm

God I need this season to start. Brewers are done, Bears are pretty mcuh done.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by ajaX82 » Mon Oct 1, 2007 9:04 pm

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:God I need this season to start. Brewers are done, Bears are pretty mcuh done.

That sucks, guess you didnt eat enough fire or something :D
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#15 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Oct 1, 2007 10:49 pm

ajaX82 wrote:That sucks, guess you didnt eat enough fire or something :D

It gives me indigestion. Very bad indigestion
trwi7
RealGM

Post#16 » by trwi7 » Sun Oct 7, 2007 10:45 pm

Admirals got pwned by Peoria in their season opener last night, 4-2 final. :(

WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#17 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Oct 8, 2007 4:09 pm

trwi7 wrote:Admirals got pwned by Peoria in their season opener last night, 4-2 final. :(

Hogs got pwned in Quad City 5-1, gave up two goals on two shots in the first period. So...yay
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by ajaX82 » Mon Oct 8, 2007 4:32 pm

Jimmy Howard stopped 28/30 for those Griffins to win 3-2. You all better get worried, Jimmy is an unstoppable force
trwi7
RealGM

Post#19 » by trwi7 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:59 pm

Ads beat Quad City last night 4-2. Rinne came up with a couple of big saves and Niskala had a couple goals.

Mandy Moore sang the national anthem so it was a pretty good night.

WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#20 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:02 pm

Hogs in Iowa tonight after a week off.

Return to Junior and International Hockey