HKL Year 2

wreckedangular
Junior
And1: 0

Re: HKL Year 2 

Post#21 » by wreckedangular » Wed Jul 7, 2010 11:03 pm

i just cant hold out for a reply..
i must know, are you implying that downie is a bad keeper pick?
LarryBonds
Junior
And1: 8

Post#22 » by LarryBonds » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:48 am

Please keep the banter going. It's so entertaining!
Michael Landsberg
gyro
Senior
And1: 65

Post#23 » by gyro » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:19 pm

Forwards: N.Backstrom, Getzlaf, Heatley
Defence: E.Johnson
Goalie: M.A.Fleury
Rookie: Demers
Extra: Brad Richards

If anyone (I'm looking at you, Royce) would like to trade a draft pick for Tuuka Rask, thus solidifying your goaltending, I am open for business.

Also, I reserve the right to edit this list prior to the draft in the event of some kind of catastrophic injury. Erik Johnson tearing both his ACL and MCL getting out of that golf cart in 2008 comes to mind.
Clumbsy bastard.

That is all.
wreckedangular
Junior

Post#24 » by wreckedangular » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:13 pm

gyro, i am interested in negotiating, how do i reach you
gyro
Senior

Post#25 » by gyro » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:07 pm

wreckedangular wrote:gyro, i am interested in negotiating, how do i reach you

I sent you an email through our baseball league. Royce too. The Colonel is open for business.
gyro
Senior

Post#26 » by gyro » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Trade announcement:

wreckedangular receives Tuuka Rask
gyro receives wreckedangular's 2nd round pick.
wreckedangular
Junior

Post#27 » by wreckedangular » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:35 pm

confirmed
MGD24
Starter
And1: 47

Post#28 » by MGD24 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:11 pm

wreckedangular wrote:confirmed

so you are keeping Rask? and instead of who
wreckedangular
Junior

Post#29 » by wreckedangular » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:33 pm

MGD24 wrote:

keeping rask instead of my 2nd round pick
MGD24
Starter

Post#30 » by MGD24 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:37 pm

wreckedangular wrote:
MGD24 wrote:

keeping rask instead of my 2nd round pick

Cannot do that. It is before the draft therefore you cannot keep extra players.

You must decide who you want to keep by the deadline or I will go off the list you already posted.
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Post#31 » by OldNo7 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:25 am

Mike is right. You can only keep a specific number of players once the deadline comes, and then the rest go into the draft pool. You can't keep an additional player instead of a draft pick. We arent posting which draft picks we are protecing, we are talking about players.

And Rask played more games than the maximum allowed under the rookie rules last year, so you would have to keep him as your 1 goalie, or 1 extra or lose him again to the draft pool. You can't substitute him for a draft pick.
wreckedangular
Junior

Post#32 » by wreckedangular » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:42 am

i think i understand the logic even though youre both wording it badly

the main issue shouldnt be that i cant keep rask on
even with rask not being a rookie, technically this could work in my instance, as i didnt have an eligible rookie so i'll have an extra pick in the draft meaning an open roster spot in the keepers
although i guess even that could be considered unfair if i had two extras..

however, i see now that the real problem arises in that gyro traded an unprotected player, one who was already in the virtual FA pool the moment he submitted his keepers, so trading rask for a pick gives him an extra pick unfairly

i can only assume this means that the trade is rejected, kovalchuk style
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by OldNo7 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:49 am

It doesnt give him an extra pick unfairly. He is trading one of his players that he has the rights to until the deadline, so that you can UPGRADE your keepers if you wish, not that you can add an additional keeper.

Since you now understand you cannot keep him in addition to both Varlamov and Downie, and misunderstood the rule, I think it would be OK for you to go back on the trade. If you still want it to go through, you have to indicate if you want to keep him over Varlamov or Downie.
Twitter: @NickObergan
MGD24
Starter

Post#34 » by MGD24 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:50 am

wreckedangular wrote:i think i understand the logic even though youre both wording it badly

the main issue shouldnt be that i cant keep rask on
even with rask not being a rookie, technically this could work in my instance, as i didnt have an eligible rookie so i'll have an extra pick in the draft meaning an open roster spot in the keepers
although i guess even that could be considered unfair if i had two extras..

however, i see now that the real problem arises in that gyro traded an unprotected player, one who was already in the virtual FA pool the moment he submitted his keepers, so trading rask for a pick gives him an extra pick unfairly

i can only assume this means that the trade is rejected, kovalchuk style

No one's lists are finalized until the deadline...so any player currently on a team list is still on that team. Therefore you traded with Gyro and gave up a 2nd round pick to acquire Rask before the deadline. So now he is on your list of players. You must then pick your 7 keepers from that list. You do not have any eligible rookie on your team therefore you must pick 6 players from your team list that fit the criteria to keep.

Since you do not have a rookie keeper your roster will be one player short at the end of the draft. The draft will continue as many rounds as needed to fill every teams roster.

Your traded is not rejected. It has been approved by both parties.

You must discuss with Gyro about a trade back.

I'm done responding to this..It is completely explained in the first post and from the last replies.
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by OldNo7 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:51 am

wreckedangular wrote:i think i understand the logic even though youre both wording it badly

You get to keep 3 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 anything, 1 rookie. Regardless of how many draft picks you do or dont have.

Is that easier. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to make sure its straight forward.
Twitter: @NickObergan
gyro
Senior

Post#36 » by gyro » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:56 am

Yeah sorry about that Wrecked, I assumed you knew. Moves like this have happened many times in the hockey and baseball leagues. In this year's baseball league, remember that Bronx traded his first round pick for Matt Kemp, a player who would have otherwise fallen into the free agent pool. He had to adjust his keepers in order to get Kemp in there, but Kemp was the better player. That was the advantage of the deal. Chach got the extra pick, and Bronx got the security of having an awesome player in his lineup. I remember this well, because the deal caused me emotional pain.

If you want your pick back, I have no issues cancelling the trade.

Royce, do you want Rask?
wreckedangular
Junior

Post#37 » by wreckedangular » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:59 am

yeah im gonna go back on that trade then
it was actually the kemp trade for a pick that made me think this was workable
apologies for the misunderstanding and confusion on my part, and for making mike so mad (and nick semi-mad)
MGD24
Starter

Post#38 » by MGD24 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:09 am

wreckedangular wrote:and for making mike so mad (and nick semi-mad)

I'm not mad I am just sick of the arguing and that it took 2 other people to back me up before you backed down.

I am over arguing dumb **** in fantasy leagues. Since I'm commish of this league, I have to listen to it and deal with and explain over and over how things work.

With that being said, once this offline draft is complete and the teams are entered into yahoo, I will be stepping down as commish of the league. I personally nominate Dan to run this league. If he is not interested then feel free to vote as a league on who will take over.

Later
wreckedangular
Junior

Post#39 » by wreckedangular » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:19 am

MGD24 wrote:I'm not mad I am just sick of the arguing and that it took 2 other people to back me up before you backed down.

i wasnt arguing, i just wasnt thinking in terms of this being a keeper league, and that me substituting a non-rookie in my unused rookie spot would give me an unfair advantage
lol @ "backing down"
MGD24 wrote:Since I'm commish of this league, I have to listen to it and deal with and explain over and over how things work.

yeah no shyt
i agree you should pass off the responsibility
bronxbombers07
Senior
And1: 49

Post#40 » by bronxbombers07 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:32 am

yeah, im going to have to agree with the guys on this Byron.

before the draft, teams need to be set and everyone before the draft should have 7 keepers (unless your me, then i get an extra one because I won - burn on all who lost)

thats the idea of the keepers, before the draft everyone is at a certain level. had you have made this move during the draft, and the other person had Rask on their team, then its all good. but because its before, the player you traded for needs to be on your list of keepers - and id have to agree that your goalie or Downie are your only drop options due to position.

either way, it seems like both parties are happy to reverse the trade, so no harm no foul.

as for comishing the league (ill need to do some studying on how to run one properly) but i have no problem taking on that responsibility to continue our yearly tradition - as long as i dont have to write reviews anymore. im good.

Return to Fantasy Hockey