Help trading away Crosby

WhiteLarryBird
Ballboy
And1: 0

Help trading away Crosby 

Post#1 » by WhiteLarryBird » Sat Dec 1, 2007 3:16 pm

Okay, so here's the scenario. I have Sidney Crosby on my team, and another owner keeps offering trades for Crosby. At this point, he's practically begging for him. I haven't really been active in this league, and I missed the draft, so I'm left with very weak goaltending(Ondreg Pavelec and Fredrek Norrena, ya I know, it's that bad). So I'm going to offer him a trade involving Crosby for a goaltender, and a couple of high-tier forwards that would improve my team's scoring. Usually, I'd try to do this myself, but I'm a rookie to fantasy hockey, and I almost messed up and traded away Crosby early in the season before posters on this forum helped me out.

Here is my team....
C:Crosby
LW:Higgins
RW:Cole
F:Doan
F:Hejduk
Util:Weiss
D:Bergeron
D:McCabe
G:Norrena

W/ Carle, Reinprecht, Volchenkov, Kotalik, Gelinas, Fiddler, and Michalek on the bench.

His team is...
Sedin
Sedin
Ryan Malone
Lehtinen
Draper
Jovanoski
Zetterberg
Getzlaf
Sillinger
Jeff Carter
Paul Kariya
Derek Morris
Derek Armstrong
Langenbrunner

And his goalies are Thomas Vokoun, Jocelyn Thibault, and Michael Leighton.

I'm thinking I can probably steal away Vokoun and possibly the Sedin's/Zetterberg/Kariya/etc. Judging by the owner's willingness to trade for Crosby, I think I may be able to get a slightly lopsided deal, as long as it's not vetoed. So anyone have any suggestions on what I could offer him?
Sizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 172

Post#2 » by Sizzle » Sat Dec 1, 2007 11:14 pm

Well..... If you must trade Crosby than so be it. Problem is, buddy has crap goaltending as well. I mean if you could get Vokoun and Zetterberg then do it but other than that why bother?

You don't want Thibault because he only plays MAYBE half of Chicago's game (Khabibulin played good yesterday).

Maybe trade with somone else that has better goalies because your 2 goalies will not see a combined 20 games for the rest of the year. (Leclaire has been on fire and Lehtonen is almost back from injury)

Conclusion: If you can get Vokoun and Zetterberg then do it (only cause you need a goalie in the worst way and Vokoun is decent), but you might as well try to grab another player as well, say...... Jeff Carter or Getzlaf (Getzlaf is ranked #8 in Fantasy hockey right now)
" Once the mind has been streched by a new idea, It will never again return to it's original size."
WhiteLarryBird
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by WhiteLarryBird » Fri Dec 7, 2007 11:09 pm

Thanks for the advice. I tried out my Crosby, Fiddler, and Pavelec for his Zetteberg, Getzlaf, and Vokoun, and he accepted after giving me a crappy counter offer. I just got to wait to see if gets vetoed, which it might.
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Post#4 » by MAS » Sat Dec 8, 2007 4:55 am

To be honest if your going to trade crosby you better be getting a top of the line goalie in return... he doesn't have one

Your better off keeping him
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#5 » by Crowned » Sat Dec 8, 2007 5:54 am

gomer wrote:Well..... If you must trade Crosby than so be it. Problem is, buddy has crap goaltending as well. I mean if you could get Vokoun and Zetterberg then do it but other than that why bother?

You don't want Thibault because he only plays MAYBE half of Chicago's game (Khabibulin played good yesterday).

Lalime is the backup in Chicago :wink:
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#6 » by Crowned » Sat Dec 8, 2007 5:55 am

Offer him a Zetts/Vokoun package. If he declines, go with Sedin, Getzlaf and Vokoun.

Always start big with your proposals, make him know you overvalue your player, especially with Crosby.
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Post#7 » by MAS » Sat Dec 8, 2007 6:37 am

gomer wrote:You don't want Thibault because he only plays MAYBE half of Chicago's game (Khabibulin played good yesterday).

Yeah, since Chicago he's been in Pittsburgh and Buffalo. He also let 8 goals in last night so I still wouldn't take him
Sizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 172

Post#8 » by Sizzle » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:25 am

MAS wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, since Chicago he's been in Pittsburgh and Buffalo. He also let 8 goals in last night so I still wouldn't take him

I got Thibault confused with Lalime, whoops. Anyway, he robbed the other guy in that deal IMO. Crosby and Zetterberg are a wash fantasy wise + he got an upgrade at goalie AND Getzlaf.
" Once the mind has been streched by a new idea, It will never again return to it's original size."

Return to Fantasy Hockey