Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell

Moderators: Mamba4Goat, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, MoneyTalks41890, Trader_Joe, BullyKing

User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 80,114
And1: 80,099
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: Purgatory
   

Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:21 am

Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
NYG
RealGM
Posts: 11,371
And1: 2,028
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#2 » by NYG » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:28 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
Read on Twitter


He never saw my site though haha
http://www.nbatraderumor.com

The Trade Machine for the T&T Board by one of the T&T Board (me!)

PM me with any of the following issues...

1. System Glitches

2. CBA Comprehension Issues

3. Data Inaccuracy
NYG
RealGM
Posts: 11,371
And1: 2,028
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#3 » by NYG » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:09 am

I'm starting to think the Raptors will overhaul a bit pre-deadline, but also get a ridiculous return and Raptors fans are closer than a lot of us think on what they get.
http://www.nbatraderumor.com

The Trade Machine for the T&T Board by one of the T&T Board (me!)

PM me with any of the following issues...

1. System Glitches

2. CBA Comprehension Issues

3. Data Inaccuracy
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 11,058
And1: 7,373
Joined: Dec 13, 2013
     

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#4 » by Mamba4Goat » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:15 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Time to figure out if this is your Twitter account.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 80,114
And1: 80,099
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: Purgatory
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:18 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Time to figure out if this is your Twitter account.


That would make me the radio voice of the little Mavs. 8-)
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
User avatar
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 15,391
And1: 8,341
Joined: Jan 03, 2013
Location: The land of incremental improvement.

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#6 » by 165bows » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:38 am

NYG wrote:I'm starting to think the Raptors will overhaul a bit pre-deadline, but also get a ridiculous return and Raptors fans are closer than a lot of us think on what they get.

Maybe the Gobert package from Dallas might make sense.

Edit: kind of like how that turns out.

Poeltl/Bullock/Josh Green to Toronto
Bertans/McGee to SA
FVV/OG/Achiuwa to Dallas

San Antonio and Toronto divvy up all of Dallas’ draft picks. Would be a follow up move for Toronto but they’d have a fun team and some picks. I’d do Trent for Clarkson and have a mixed crew of Clarkson, Barnes, Siakam, Poeltl and a good draft choice this year.
NYG
RealGM
Posts: 11,371
And1: 2,028
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#7 » by NYG » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:05 am

165bows wrote:
NYG wrote:I'm starting to think the Raptors will overhaul a bit pre-deadline, but also get a ridiculous return and Raptors fans are closer than a lot of us think on what they get.

Maybe the Gobert package from Dallas might make sense.

Edit: kind of like how that turns out.

Poeltl/Bullock/Josh Green to Toronto
Bertans/McGee to SA
FVV/OG/Achiuwa to Dallas

San Antonio and Toronto divvy up all of Dallas’ draft picks. Would be a follow up move for Toronto but they’d have a fun team and some picks. I’d do Trent for Clarkson and have a mixed crew of Clarkson, Barnes, Siakam, Poeltl and a good draft choice this year.


I don't think Dallas has enough picks to satisfy everyone there.

I like the Hawks as a potential Siakam destination... I was thinking something like this?

John Collins to the Pacers
Daniel Theis, Onyeka Okongwu, AJ Griffin, 2023 Celtics 1st, 2023 Cavaliers 1st and 2029 Unprotected Hawks 1st to the Raptors
Pascal Siakam to the Hawks

Is Griffin and Okongwu enough of a headliner to overcome the lack of picks?
http://www.nbatraderumor.com

The Trade Machine for the T&T Board by one of the T&T Board (me!)

PM me with any of the following issues...

1. System Glitches

2. CBA Comprehension Issues

3. Data Inaccuracy
NYG
RealGM
Posts: 11,371
And1: 2,028
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#8 » by NYG » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:08 am

I don't think any Knicks fans agree, but I would do...

OG Anunoby for Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley, Cam Reddish, 2023 Unprotected Knicks 1st, 2023 Top 10 Protected Mavs 1st and 2025 Unprotected Knicks 1st

You combine that with the deal above then follow it up with FVV and GTJ for Westbrook, '27 and '29 1sts and that's a nice young future for the Raptors in my opinion at least.
http://www.nbatraderumor.com

The Trade Machine for the T&T Board by one of the T&T Board (me!)

PM me with any of the following issues...

1. System Glitches

2. CBA Comprehension Issues

3. Data Inaccuracy
User avatar
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 15,391
And1: 8,341
Joined: Jan 03, 2013
Location: The land of incremental improvement.

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#9 » by 165bows » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:11 am

NYG wrote:
165bows wrote:
NYG wrote:I'm starting to think the Raptors will overhaul a bit pre-deadline, but also get a ridiculous return and Raptors fans are closer than a lot of us think on what they get.

Maybe the Gobert package from Dallas might make sense.

Edit: kind of like how that turns out.

Poeltl/Bullock/Josh Green to Toronto
Bertans/McGee to SA
FVV/OG/Achiuwa to Dallas

San Antonio and Toronto divvy up all of Dallas’ draft picks. Would be a follow up move for Toronto but they’d have a fun team and some picks. I’d do Trent for Clarkson and have a mixed crew of Clarkson, Barnes, Siakam, Poeltl and a good draft choice this year.


I don't think Dallas has enough picks to satisfy everyone there.

I like the Hawks as a potential Siakam destination... I was thinking something like this?

John Collins to the Pacers
Daniel Theis, Onyeka Okongwu, AJ Griffin, 2023 Celtics 1st, 2023 Cavaliers 1st and 2029 Unprotected Hawks 1st to the Raptors
Pascal Siakam to the Hawks

Is Griffin and Okongwu enough of a headliner to overcome the lack of picks?

Yeah prob right on mine but I think yours may be the same lol. Not many outfits more pick poor than Atlanta.
NYG
RealGM
Posts: 11,371
And1: 2,028
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#10 » by NYG » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:17 am

165bows wrote:
NYG wrote:
165bows wrote:Maybe the Gobert package from Dallas might make sense.

Edit: kind of like how that turns out.

Poeltl/Bullock/Josh Green to Toronto
Bertans/McGee to SA
FVV/OG/Achiuwa to Dallas

San Antonio and Toronto divvy up all of Dallas’ draft picks. Would be a follow up move for Toronto but they’d have a fun team and some picks. I’d do Trent for Clarkson and have a mixed crew of Clarkson, Barnes, Siakam, Poeltl and a good draft choice this year.


I don't think Dallas has enough picks to satisfy everyone there.

I like the Hawks as a potential Siakam destination... I was thinking something like this?

John Collins to the Pacers
Daniel Theis, Onyeka Okongwu, AJ Griffin, 2023 Celtics 1st, 2023 Cavaliers 1st and 2029 Unprotected Hawks 1st to the Raptors
Pascal Siakam to the Hawks

Is Griffin and Okongwu enough of a headliner to overcome the lack of picks?

Yeah prob right on mine but I think yours may be the same lol. Not many outfits more pick poor than Atlanta.


How many individual pieces are better than AJ Griffin that would be offered for Siakam though? Is he a fit next to Zion? The Lakers pick is better, but would that make sense for New Orleans? What other young talent/early-ish pick would be available?
http://www.nbatraderumor.com

The Trade Machine for the T&T Board by one of the T&T Board (me!)

PM me with any of the following issues...

1. System Glitches

2. CBA Comprehension Issues

3. Data Inaccuracy
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 11,058
And1: 7,373
Joined: Dec 13, 2013
     

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#11 » by Mamba4Goat » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:22 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Time to figure out if this is your Twitter account.


That would make me the radio voice of the little Mavs. 8-)

Which would explain why you’re a Mavs fan. Everything is all starting to make sense now!
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,309
And1: 1,173
Joined: Oct 08, 2016
       

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#12 » by DoItALL9 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:10 am

Gobert conundrum


Rudy Gobert to Chicago

To Minnesota
Coby White
Nikola Vucevic
Goran Dragic
Edit -& 2 lottery protected firsts or 1 top 4 protected first


Or



Bare bones, aka not fully flushed out

Myles Turner to Minnesota
Rudy Gobert to Indy

(Wasn't quite sure how to make the money work in this one and would Minny need to add a 1st, sheesh?!)
User avatar
gambitx777
General Manager
Posts: 8,049
And1: 1,354
Joined: Dec 18, 2012

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#13 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:02 am

DoItALL9 wrote:Gobert conundrum


Rudy Gobert to Chicago

To Minnesota
Coby White
Nikola Vucevic
Goran Dragic



Or



Bare bones, aka not fully flushed out

Myles Turner to Minnesota
Rudy Gobert to Indy

(Wasn't quite sure how to make the money work in this one and would Minny need to add a 1st, sheesh?!)

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
That would be the GMs head. He can't move gobert because he won't get back what he spent. His only option to break them up is to trade Kat and get back some assets. But who wants KAT? Not many people probably?


Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 31,089
And1: 28,192
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#14 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:32 am

NYG wrote:I don't think any Knicks fans agree, but I would do...

OG Anunoby for Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley, Cam Reddish, 2023 Unprotected Knicks 1st, 2023 Top 10 Protected Mavs 1st and 2025 Unprotected Knicks 1st

You combine that with the deal above then follow it up with FVV and GTJ for Westbrook, '27 and '29 1sts and that's a nice young future for the Raptors in my opinion at least.



Knicks give up a haul for OG there. Raps run to the phone without Mavs FRP.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Godaddycurse
RealGM
Posts: 13,225
And1: 7,464
Joined: Nov 13, 2019
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#15 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:24 am

zimpy27 wrote:
NYG wrote:I don't think any Knicks fans agree, but I would do...

OG Anunoby for Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley, Cam Reddish, 2023 Unprotected Knicks 1st, 2023 Top 10 Protected Mavs 1st and 2025 Unprotected Knicks 1st

You combine that with the deal above then follow it up with FVV and GTJ for Westbrook, '27 and '29 1sts and that's a nice young future for the Raptors in my opinion at least.



Knicks give up a haul for OG there. Raps run to the phone without Mavs FRP.


Not really. the only decent value piece is 2025 1st here. the NYK and DAL picks are probably in the 20s and fillers are meh
MKWB
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,285
And1: 418
Joined: May 26, 2007
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#16 » by MKWB » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:56 am

zimpy27 wrote:
NYG wrote:I don't think any Knicks fans agree, but I would do...

OG Anunoby for Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley, Cam Reddish, 2023 Unprotected Knicks 1st, 2023 Top 10 Protected Mavs 1st and 2025 Unprotected Knicks 1st

You combine that with the deal above then follow it up with FVV and GTJ for Westbrook, '27 and '29 1sts and that's a nice young future for the Raptors in my opinion at least.



Knicks give up a haul for OG there. Raps run to the phone without Mavs FRP.


Think Pelicans first major offer goes: Choice of Herb or Murphy, '24 NOP 1st (top-4 prot.), '27 MIL 1st unprot., salary filler
Then, think furthest they go is: Herb and Murphy, '24 NOP 1st top-4 prot., '27 MIL 1st unprot., '25 NOP swap

Ultimately, think Pels would be willing to negotiate anything other than Dyson or the 2 LAL picks.

*Interesting 'coincidence?' Kira Lewis Jr. was sent to the G-league team right as they traveled to Toronto to play the 905 Raptors two times on a back to back. More coincidence? Ujiri was in attendance for the G-league game.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
Posts: 13,225
And1: 7,464
Joined: Nov 13, 2019
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#17 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:27 am

MKWB wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
NYG wrote:I don't think any Knicks fans agree, but I would do...

OG Anunoby for Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley, Cam Reddish, 2023 Unprotected Knicks 1st, 2023 Top 10 Protected Mavs 1st and 2025 Unprotected Knicks 1st

You combine that with the deal above then follow it up with FVV and GTJ for Westbrook, '27 and '29 1sts and that's a nice young future for the Raptors in my opinion at least.



Knicks give up a haul for OG there. Raps run to the phone without Mavs FRP.


Think Pelicans first major offer goes: Choice of Herb or Murphy, '24 NOP 1st (top-4 prot.), '27 MIL 1st unprot., salary filler
Then, think furthest they go is: Herb and Murphy, '24 NOP 1st top-4 prot., '27 MIL 1st unprot., '25 NOP swap

Ultimately, think Pels would be willing to negotiate anything other than Dyson or the 2 LAL picks.

*Interesting 'coincidence?' Kira Lewis Jr. was sent to the G-league team right as they traveled to Toronto to play the 905 Raptors two times on a back to back. More coincidence? Ujiri was in attendance for the G-league game.


I would take this over knicks offer
MKWB
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,285
And1: 418
Joined: May 26, 2007
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#18 » by MKWB » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:21 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
MKWB wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Knicks give up a haul for OG there. Raps run to the phone without Mavs FRP.


Think Pelicans first major offer goes: Choice of Herb or Murphy, '24 NOP 1st (top-4 prot.), '27 MIL 1st unprot., salary filler
Then, think furthest they go is: Herb and Murphy, '24 NOP 1st top-4 prot., '27 MIL 1st unprot., '25 NOP swap

Ultimately, think Pels would be willing to negotiate anything other than Dyson or the 2 LAL picks.

*Interesting 'coincidence?' Kira Lewis Jr. was sent to the G-league team right as they traveled to Toronto to play the 905 Raptors two times on a back to back. More coincidence? Ujiri was in attendance for the G-league game.


I would take this over knicks offer

2 more weeks of speculating. This trade deadline season is really crawling by, huh? A lot of anticipation by a lot of teams.
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 80,114
And1: 80,099
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: Purgatory
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#19 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:26 pm

165bows wrote:
NYG wrote:I'm starting to think the Raptors will overhaul a bit pre-deadline, but also get a ridiculous return and Raptors fans are closer than a lot of us think on what they get.

Maybe the Gobert package from Dallas might make sense.

Edit: kind of like how that turns out.

Poeltl/Bullock/Josh Green to Toronto
Bertans/McGee to SA
FVV/OG/Achiuwa to Dallas

San Antonio and Toronto divvy up all of Dallas’ draft picks. Would be a follow up move for Toronto but they’d have a fun team and some picks. I’d do Trent for Clarkson and have a mixed crew of Clarkson, Barnes, Siakam, Poeltl and a good draft choice this year.


I hate hate hate giving up all my draft picks for OG.

edit: And I hate it even more when I keep reading and hear that Dallas owes more value here? I mean, just no. We have absolutely lost our mind over the Bertans contract if we have reached the conclusion that Dallas owes more than:

Bullock
Green
3 unprotected 1sts
3 swaps

for

OG/FVV rental
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
toooskies
Starter
Posts: 2,397
And1: 987
Joined: Jul 18, 2013
     

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, the 9th Circle of Hell 

Post#20 » by toooskies » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:44 pm

Heard on the Lowe Post from Bobby Marks that the extension rules that prevent OG from extending on a near-market deal may be adjusted in the new CBA in time to not let him hit the market. That tweaks his value up a bit.

Return to Trades and Transactions