Durant is cool w/Heat

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

louc1970
Senior
And1: 185

Re: Durant is cool w/Heat 

Post#21 » by louc1970 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:36 am

BBallFreak wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:Can't see it being for Jimmy, nor Bam.

Spitballing. Suns split Durant up and add depth.
Heat Trade: Herro/Rozier/JJJ/Jovic/'24 1st (Suns pick for Heat)/'26 1st Pick Swap/'29 1st (or 2 years after the '27 1st is extinguished)

Suns Trade: Durant For Russell/Rui/Rozier/JJJ/Jovic/'24 1st (Suns pick for Heat)/'29 Heat 1st

Lakers Trade: Russell/Rui For Herro/'26 1st Swap w/Miami

Magic Trade: WCJ/Ingles for Rozier

Suns go into next season:
Russell/Gordon
Allen/Beal/Okogie/Lee
Booker/JJJ/Ingles/Little
WCJ/Rui/Jovic
Nurkic/Eubanks/Roddy

'24 Miami 1st

That seems a bit rich for this version of Durant.

Agree completely. Suns can have 1 of JJJ, Jovic or 24 FRP. Not giving the kitchen sink and the bathroom.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 185

Post#22 » by louc1970 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:52 am

I think a 3 team deal hinging on Mitchell resigning in Cleveland could work well for all teams.

Miami sends Butler (or Herro/Robinson)
Miami receives Durant
Option for Cleveland to make the choice of what best suits their needs - getting Butler to lead with Mitchell, Allen, Mobley. Or deepening the guard rotation with Herro and Mitchell and have Robinson on the wing.

Suns send Durant
Suns receive Garland/Merrill
Getting a PG to pair with Booker is extremely important. Would look to dump Beal anywhere.

Cavs send Garland/Merrill
Cavs return choice of Butler or Herro/Robinson.
Cavs get a 1a/1b with Mitchell/Butler or talented depth with plenty of pieces to move for additional needs.
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,807

Post#23 » by jredsaz » Fri May 10, 2024 1:56 am

BBallFreak wrote:

Heat Trade: Herro/Rozier/JJJ/Jovic/'24 1st (Suns pick for Heat)/'26 1st Pick Swap/'29 1st (or 2 years after the '27 1st is extinguished)

Suns Trade: Durant For Russell/Rui/Rozier/JJJ/Jovic/'24 1st (Suns pick for Heat)/'29 Heat 1st

Russell/Gordon
Allen/Beal/Okogie/Lee
Booker/JJJ/Ingles/Little
WCJ/Rui/Jovic
Nurkic/Eubanks/Roddy

'24 Miami 1st

Guy is coming off one of his best seasons as a pro and will be All NBA. His game is aging well. Don’t like the trade for the Suns but role players and two firsts seems a little lite to me.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,666

Post#24 » by NYG » Fri May 10, 2024 4:19 am

jredsaz wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:

Russell/Gordon
Allen/Beal/Okogie/Lee
Booker/JJJ/Ingles/Little
WCJ/Rui/Jovic
Nurkic/Eubanks/Roddy

'24 Miami 1st

Guy is coming off one of his best seasons as a pro and will be All NBA. His game is aging well. Don’t like the trade for the Suns but role players and two firsts seems a little lite to me.

To be fair, I'm not sure KD accepts any trade that keeps him out West and I don't see many better deals from the Eastern Conference destinations he would want to play for. Granted, after a deal like above... Booker probably asks out next.

FWIW, I have it as...

Jaime Jaquez Jr., Nikola Jovic, Jett Howard, Terry Rozier, Wendell Carter Jr., 15th Overall Draft Pick and 2030 Unprotected Miami Heat First Round Draft Pick to the Suns

Tyler Herro to the Magic

Kevin Durant to the Heat

Again, Booker probably asks out next...
jredsaz
General Manager

Post#25 » by jredsaz » Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am

docholliday99 wrote:
jredsaz wrote:https://arizonasports.com/story/3547367/bickley-kevin-durant-heat-rumor-worrisome-suns/

It begins! Durant to the Heat. What does that look like? Booker still needs to be happy to compete so Jimmy or Bam probably has to be in the deal but three ways are my favorite.

From the article:
The solution is both inevitable and obvious:

Fire Frank Vogel. Or trade Kevin Durant.

Well, the article was yesterday and today they fired Vogel.....so, decision made. Your Suns team gave up far too much to move him at this point.

Before Vogel was fired I thought there was like a 3% chance the Suns would trade Durant. Now it’s like 1%. Regardless, it’s fun to speculate and this forum is all about speculation.
jredsaz
General Manager

Post#26 » by jredsaz » Fri May 10, 2024 5:17 am

NYG wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:That seems a bit rich for this version of Durant.

To be fair, I'm not sure KD accepts any trade that keeps him out West and I don't see many better deals from the Eastern Conference destinations he would want to play for. Granted, after a deal like above... Booker probably asks out next.

FWIW, I have it as...

Jaime Jaquez Jr., Nikola Jovic, Jett Howard, Terry Rozier, Wendell Carter Jr., 15th Overall Draft Pick and 2030 Unprotected Miami Heat First Round Draft Pick to the Suns

Tyler Herro to the Magic

Kevin Durant to the Heat

Suns won’t take a step back like is being proposed in any of these deals because it would rock the boat with Booker. Thats why the OP asked to include a star coming back.

Value wise I would have Bam>KD>>Butler.
jredsaz
General Manager

Post#27 » by jredsaz » Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 am

brackdan70 wrote:Pretty difficult trade to pull off. Phoenix can’t take back more salary than Durant makes. And can’t aggregate since they are over the 2nd apron. Miami is close to it. If they aggregate they will be hard capped at the second apron. If they take back more salary than they send out they are hardcapped at the first apron. Good luck making a trade that works involving Durrant.

Suns can take back 110% in a trade up and until July 1, the new league year. After that date, you’re right. It will be difficult for either team to trade with another apron team.
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 939

Post#28 » by docholliday99 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:14 pm

jredsaz wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:
jredsaz wrote:https://arizonasports.com/story/3547367/bickley-kevin-durant-heat-rumor-worrisome-suns/

It begins! Durant to the Heat. What does that look like? Booker still needs to be happy to compete so Jimmy or Bam probably has to be in the deal but three ways are my favorite.

From the article:
The solution is both inevitable and obvious:

Fire Frank Vogel. Or trade Kevin Durant.

Well, the article was yesterday and today they fired Vogel.....so, decision made. Your Suns team gave up far too much to move him at this point.

Before Vogel was fired I thought there was like a 3% chance the Suns would trade Durant. Now it’s like 1%. Regardless, it’s fun to speculate and this forum is all about speculation.

I tend to get a little too focused, but swapping KD with Butler doesn't make a lot of sense on both sides, the Heat sending all those assets in some of the trade ideas, just seem so unlike the Heat and would gut the team. Ah well, the Suns are in a bit of a pickle and firing Vogel is most likely their only real move - I feel for the Suns fans, the Suns looked so good just 2 years ago....

As for the Heat, I think Herro would be the one to move to update their roster, Utah was interested - Herro for Collins, '25 frp? I like the looks of Rozier, Martin, Butler, Collins, Bam, may help the Heat for anther run.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Post#29 » by BBallFreak » Fri May 10, 2024 6:43 pm

jredsaz wrote:
NYG wrote:
jredsaz wrote:

FWIW, I have it as...

Tyler Herro to the Magic

Kevin Durant to the Heat

Suns won’t take a step back like is being proposed in any of these deals because it would rock the boat with Booker. Thats why the OP asked to include a star coming back.

Neither Bam nor Butler would be on the table for Durant. Our assets could be flipped with a third team returning a star player.
jredsaz
General Manager

Post#30 » by jredsaz » Sat May 11, 2024 7:38 am

BBallFreak wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
NYG wrote:

FWIW, I have it as...

Tyler Herro to the Magic

Kevin Durant to the Heat

Neither Bam nor Butler would be on the table for Durant. Our assets could be flipped with a third team returning a star player.

:lol: I doubt very much it would be that simple. Suns are 99% keeping the big three together but if KD was made available to the Heat I have a hard time believing Riley, Spo and the rest of the south beach brain trust wouldn’t have serious discussions about everyone on the roster - even at 36.
jredsaz
General Manager

Post#31 » by jredsaz » Sat May 11, 2024 7:47 am

docholliday99 wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:
From the article:

I tend to get a little too focused, but swapping KD with Butler doesn't make a lot of sense on both sides, the Heat sending all those assets in some of the trade ideas, just seem so unlike the Heat and would gut the team. Ah well, the Suns are in a bit of a pickle and firing Vogel is most likely their only real move - I feel for the Suns fans, the Suns looked so good just 2 years ago....

As for the Heat, I think Herro would be the one to move to update their roster, Utah was interested - Herro for Collins, '25 frp? I like the looks of Rozier, Martin, Butler, Collins, Bam, may help the Heat for anther run.

Damn! You don’t have to feel that bad for suns fans. :lol:

Doesn’t sound like Riley is going to focus on small upgrades like the Jazz deal above. I could see them making that kind of move in coordination with a bigger move to land a star player but Riley is bag game hunting. Dude is 79. Arison is in 74. These guy want to win another title while they can still eat solid foods. Durant maybe running out of runway at 36 but he is still an all nba guy.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by BBallFreak » Sat May 11, 2024 8:05 am

jredsaz wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
jredsaz wrote:

:lol: I doubt very much it would be that simple. Suns are 99% keeping the big three together but if KD was made available to the Heat I have a hard time believing Riley, Spo and the rest of the south beach brain trust wouldn’t have serious discussions about everyone on the roster - even at 36.

Sure, it would go like this:

Do we trade Bam or Butler for Durant? LOL! No, that defeats the purpose of trading for Durant.
jredsaz
General Manager

Post#33 » by jredsaz » Sat May 11, 2024 8:08 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:Neither Bam nor Butler would be on the table for Durant. Our assets could be flipped with a third team returning a star player.

Do we trade Bam or Butler for Durant? LOL! No, that defeats the purpose of trading for Durant.

Durant is better than both of them right now. The idea that they have to add one star to their existing two is a false choice. For example, trade Bam for KD plus and then use their existing assets to pair with the plus to upgrade Herro. Or use an asset to upgrade Butler to KD and use what’s left to upgrade Herro.

Whatever, it’s all a moot point. KD ain’t going nowhere for the moment at least. I am interested to see what Herro, JJJ and a couple of firsts can return.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by BBallFreak » Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

jredsaz wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
I doubt very much it would be that simple. Suns are 99% keeping the big three together but if KD was made available to the Heat I have a hard time believing Riley, Spo and the rest of the south beach brain trust wouldn’t have serious discussions about everyone on the roster - even at 36.

Durant is better than both of them right now. The idea that they have to add one star to their existing two is a false choice. For example, trade Bam for KD plus and then use their existing assets to pair with the plus to upgrade Herro. Or use an asset to upgrade Butler to KD and use what’s left to upgrade Herro.

Whatever, it’s all a moot point. KD ain’t going nowhere for the moment at least. I am interested to see what Herro, JJJ and a couple of firsts can return.
Their is absolutely no way in the world we do that. If we're trading for Durant it's to add to Butler and Bam, period. No one is trading you their star for Durant.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,497

Post#35 » by Karmaloop » Sat May 11, 2024 11:59 pm

dygaction wrote:Jimmy is worse, less healthy, and has lower ticket selling power than Durant. Only Beal for Jimmy swap makes sense for Suns

I would argue that Jimmy Butler is closer to KD than Bradley Beal in terms of trade value.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,531

Post#36 » by dygaction » Sun May 12, 2024 12:02 am

Karmaloop wrote:
dygaction wrote:Jimmy is worse, less healthy, and has lower ticket selling power than Durant. Only Beal for Jimmy swap makes sense for Suns

I would argue that Jimmy Butler is closer to KD than Bradley Beal in terms of trade value.

That I agree, my sentiment was Miami with Durant still paddling team but Suns with Booker/Jimmy/Durant actually make sense for Suns to push.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,497

Post#37 » by Karmaloop » Sun May 12, 2024 12:04 am

jredsaz wrote:Durant is better than both of them right now. The idea that they have to add one star to their existing two is a false choice. For example, trade Bam for KD plus and then use their existing assets to pair with the plus to upgrade Herro. Or use an asset to upgrade Butler to KD and use what’s left to upgrade Herro.

The problem is it's not just Bam or Butler for KD. It's Bam/Butler+++ for KD. And at that point, the Heat become the Eastern Conference version of the Phoenix Suns.
jredsaz
General Manager

Post#38 » by jredsaz » Sun May 12, 2024 1:25 am

Karmaloop wrote:

Absolutely. There isnt a scenario in the world in which the Heat trade Butler for Beal this summer.
jredsaz
General Manager

Post#39 » by jredsaz » Sun May 12, 2024 1:27 am

BBallFreak wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:Sure, it would go like this:

Their is absolutely no way in the world we do that. If we're trading for Durant it's to add to Butler and Bam, period. No one is trading you their star for Durant.

To be fair, no one is trading me anything because I don’t work for the Suns. But if the Suns offered KD straight up for Butler Riley would help Jimmy pack.
jredsaz
General Manager

Post#40 » by jredsaz » Sun May 12, 2024 1:37 am

Karmaloop wrote:
jredsaz wrote:Durant is better than both of them right now. The idea that they have to add one star to their existing two is a false choice. For example, trade Bam for KD plus and then use their existing assets to pair with the plus to upgrade Herro. Or use an asset to upgrade Butler to KD and use what’s left to upgrade Herro.

The problem is it's not just Bam or Butler for KD. It's Bam/Butler+++ for KD. And at that point, the Heat become the Eastern Conference version of the Phoenix Suns.

I mean if the Heat are star hunting like Riley stated, the Heat are going to use their existing depth one way or another. Having three stars isn’t the worst thing in the world btw :lol:

Return to Trades and Transactions